Two Apaches rip Taliban to shreds

Guys fighting in their own countries are not terrorists. Whether you hate them for their nationality or religion does nothing to change the fact we are an occupying army with absolutely no "enemy". Bin laden is dead. That's why we went there and we should have been gone the minute we knew he was no longer there.

And my Sig line has absolutely nothing to do with invading other countries and occupying them indefinitely. Nice try though.

Very true. Of course the American Revolutionaries were regarded as terrorists too. I'm sure the mainland British thought that the colonists were petulant little bitches that needed to be taken to the woodshed.

If they were doing any of those things, it was being done in their own country and wouldn't hurt Americans if we weren't over there. Your post is pointless and only supports my argument. If we weren't there they wouldn't be trying to kill us.

Guys fighting in their own countries are not terrorists. Whether you hate them for their nationality or religion does nothing to change the fact we are an occupying army with absolutely no "enemy". Bin laden is dead. That's why we went there and we should have been gone the minute we knew he was no longer there.

And my Sig line has absolutely nothing to do with invading other countries and occupying them indefinitely. Nice try though.

I find the way you think laughable at best. So, you really think that we, us, Americans would be completely safe and sound in our beds if were never in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Ok, but I beg to differ.

http://www.cdi.org/terrorism/chronology.html

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/AmericanAttacks.htm

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001454.html

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications

Jeeziz.

Please refer to the first sentence in your own sig lines.

The only way to deal effectively with terrorists is to kill every GODDAMN LAST ONE OF THEM.

But hey I'm sure you're right. Those dudes from a certain country out in the middle of the night, collaborating and carrying weapons were probably just... farming.

Why doesn't the right to keep and bear arms extend to all people? Of course it should, irrespective of nationality. Self-preservation is a human right.

I find the way you think laughable at best. So, you really think that we, us, Americans would be completely safe and sound in our beds if were never in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Ok, but I beg to differ.

The American government invaded Afghanistan to bring the perpetrators of 9/11 to justice. We've done that. Time to wrap up. Nothing more to do there. It's not called the "Graveyard of Empires" for nothing.

Iraq was just a needless war of choice that sent thousands of Americans and Iraqis prematurely to their graves.

The American government invaded Afghanistan to bring the perpetrators of 9/11 to justice. We've done that. Time to wrap up. Nothing more to do there. It's not called the "Graveyard of Empires" for nothing.

Iraq was just a needless war of choice that sent thousands of Americans and Iraqis prematurely to their graves.

Please, go back and read post #51. Specifically, the part where I agreed that we should get out. No need to start another argument.

I'm really confused how you two (supra, collector) think we should get out, yet support killing random people as long as we're there. Exactly how are those two ideas at all compatible? If SWAT kicks in your door and finds nothing, should they be allowed to shoot whoever they want while they're there anyway just because one of you may commit a crime in the future? Because I'm pretty sure that's exactly what you just defended.

Ok, but I beg to differ.

How does posting up a bunch of terror attacks against americans prove that our having gone into Iraq or Afghanistan accomplished anything?

OMG. So much fail here its hard to know where to begin.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

I'm really confused how you two (supra, collector) think we should get out, yet support killing random people as long as we're there. Exactly how are those two ideas at all compatible? If SWAT kicks in your door and finds nothing, should they be allowed to shoot whoever they want while they're there anyway just because one of you may commit a crime in the future? Because I'm pretty sure that's exactly what you just defended.

WTF is he talking about?

Looks like he's trying to compare our troops following orders by killing armed combatants to American police kicking down doors and shooting unarmed people for no reason.

I think he's off his meds.

Ok so let me get this straight.

You believe that because Bin Laden is dead, we no longer have anything to worry about?

And you believe that if we left the sandbox, terrorists around the globe would just decide to leave us alone and throw in the towel? (no pun intended)

I agree with you 100% that we should GTF outta there but hey, while the .gov is deciding to keep our boys there, why not light up armed combatants with absolute superior firepower and post videos of it on YouTube? Maybe, just maybe, there's a Jihadist in the making somewhere out there googling the shit out of his Saturday night, seeing video's like that and realizing all this death and destruction is being brought on by an extremist group within his country that brutally attacked one of the most powerful countries in the world and now he's having second thoughts about just how good-looking those 70 virgins might be?

LOL

SIGH... the rest of your post aside, have you considered that maybe they were in the process of planting an IED, planning an ambush or maybe even already in contact with troops on the ground who called in the air assets? Look, I know these ****s well. It's no longer about about why are the Americans here. It's about convert to Islam or die. They want to kill you and your unborn children. I've been there, most of you have not. So, please stop talking about what you think you know. The people who have been there and seen their friends die do not care what you think. Yes, we should no longer be there. We get it. I get it. Unfortunately, we are beyond that.

WTF is he talking about?

I highlighted it above for you Eric, since it appears you didn't read all their posts. It seems we have one guy who thinks we need to have another few crusades with Christians slaughtering Muslims and another who can't justify us being there, but hey since we are why not make a couple movies of people killing each other so others can laugh on the other side of the hemisphere in between updating their Facebook pages.

I'm sure niether of those two viewpoints have anything to do with why a lot of Muslims hate us [rolleyes]

I highlighted it above for you Eric, since it appears you didn't read all their posts. It seems we have one guy who thinks we need to have another few crusades with Christians slaughtering Muslims and another who can't justify us being there, but hey since we are why not make a couple movies of people killing each other so others can laugh on the other side of the hemisphere in between updating their Facebook pages.

I'm sure niether of those two viewpoints have anything to do with why a lot of Muslims hate us [rolleyes]

Yup, definitely off his meds. Guess he's a fan of 9/11 type events and forgets who attacked who.

Last edited:
OK genius, then what's your plan to squash terrorism since the U.S. military is doing it wrong?

I don't think he's stating that the military is doing it wrong - I think he's saying that the military should no longer be doing it at all. Frankly, I agree - time to end this and sacrifice no more lives in that shithole. Bin Laden is dead - let the savages murder one another - they've been at it for eons. We have no business spreading freedom, establishing republics and nation building. The best way to stop the spread of terrorism, is to MYOFB and allow these scumbags the freedom to murder each other wholesale...

You don't need to understand anything. I signed the blank check, went there, did my job and served my country. My reasons are mine alone. I'm really confused how you believe that the group of armed combatants in the video with ak-47's, a PKM and a few RPG's were random people. WTF were they doing? Were they providing late night overwatch for farmers harvesting their crops? Comparing a police force's rules of engagement to the militarys' is just retarded. How naive of you. Again, you don't know what you're talking about.

How does posting up a bunch of terror attacks against americans prove that our having gone into Iraq or Afghanistan accomplished anything?

Nothing. It proves contrary to what he said about how he thinks Americans would be safe for the rest of their lives if we left Iraq and Afghanistan. Did you even read the argument?

Why do muslims hate us? Please, tell me.

Listen, yes, I think we should pull our troops out, claim victory and call it a victim of history - BUT we still need to maintain that we will wipe the floor with any country or religious group who even thinks about planning an attack against us. You seem to have forgotten that 2,996 American men, women and children were killed in less than an hour. Who gives a **** if we got bin laden. Just because he was the "leader" you think it should have ended? You think that only Afghan and Iraqi extremist's want to kill Americans? Believe it, or not most of the Iraqi's and Afghan's want us to stay. It's the tribal warlords, their group of religious fools and the corrupt gov't officials with ties to the tribal factions who want us to leave.

Did you feel the same way when we dropped A-bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Did you think that the Japanese were not an "enemy" because they said they would not attack, but instead use mis-information and lies to hit us so easily? News Flash: The koran preaches the same thing. Do what ever is necessary, in this case, to get people to convert. It is not considered a crime against the religion if you have to lie and twist your words when dealing with infidels. I can't believe most of you think this is going to magically stop if we mind our own business. No one has felt the full wrath of the U.S. military since and hope to hell it doesn't come to that again.

Also, I'm getting tired of watching be-headings, IED's blowing people up and firing line executions by these same people who you seem to be apologizing. I've seen enough of it in real life. Why not post a few videos? Welcome to the information age.

I think the whole Apache platform is impressive technology, the 3900 yard missile strike is quite a site.

question ... how do I hide from those damn cameras?

You need to put your rifle in a guitar case and they will leave you alone ;-) it apears the common denominator that got all these guys killed was they were armed.

You need to put your rifle in a guitar case and they will leave you alone ;-) it apears the common denominator that got all these guys killed was they were armed.

Yes, at least someone noticed that little detail. Also, you can just walk into a house, or hide in VERY thick vegitation and not move until sunrise [wink]

In Afghanistan, the male of a "household", village elder et cetera are allowed to have ONE AK47 inside their "home" or compound. They even have permits issued by the gov't for approval. They CANNOT walk freely around with them unless they are police, military or a tribal group who does not accept the gov't (read taliban supporters); however, they can walk around with hunting rifles and shotguns. They do actually hunt in the fields.

Nothing. It proves contrary to what he said about how he thinks Americans would be safe for the rest of their lives if we left Iraq and Afghanistan. Did you even read the argument?

Yea, I read every word of it, and I don't remember him saying we would be safe for the rest of our lives if we left Iraq and Afghanistan because he didn't. He simply said our presence in Iraq and Afghanistan is unneeded and I would agree with him.

Safety is an illusion. There are far more murders in the US every year than terrorists kill. To be afraid of Afganees coming here and killing you is an asinine way to view the world.

Do you think us being there for 11 years killing them increases or decreases the likelyhood of them attacking us again? My bet is we're making it worse, not better. Bin Laden wasn't even found there. What exactly do you think we're accomplishing?

If you were really concerned about stopping terrorists you'd be talking about invading Saudi Arabia since that's where most terrorists are born and raised.

Last edited:
Hmm, so we need to be concerned with where the bad guys are born not plan, train, and execute from? I guess if I was stupid this would make sense. I guess we got it wrong attacking Berlin in world war 2 since Hilter wasn't born there.

Nobody in this thread is opposed to killing bad guys. But we could stay in Afghanistan indefinitely and never run out of people to kill. There will always be people who hate us and we increase the population of such people by meddling in their lives. If there is solid intelligence of a threat from specific individuals or camps then action is understandable and prudent. But just being there in general will generate threats. Imagine the situation reversed. If Afghan helicopters were circling our neighborhoods and Afghan troops were here on the ground I would like to think many of us would be shooting back. If they had the technological advantage then we would be the little white shapes on the ground.

9/11 was a tragedy blown far out of proportion. The American public, being soft and entitled, demand safety and security that simply can't be guaranteed. That fear and expectation has been exploited in the Iraqi and Afghan conflicts. We have killed far too many people, spent way too much money, and created a vast amount of ill-will in the process. It looks worse for every year that goes by. As we stand in line with our shoes in our hands waiting to scanned, and as our troops risk their lives killing people who will never threaten us here at home, America looks to the world like a fearful and irrational nation.

Cheering on some high-tech killing should be beneath us. I saw that video and had the same reaction as some earlier posters. First I imagined being underneath that thermal system someday when the fear and entitlement of this nation reaches its logical end. Then I wondered how we were accomplishing anything by killing those people.

Last edited:
Nobody in this thread is opposed to killing bad guys. But we could stay in Afghanistan indefinitely and never run out of people to kill. There will always be people who hate us and we increase the population of such people by meddling in their lives. If there is solid intelligence of a threat from specific individuals or camps then action is understandable and prudent. But just being there in general will generate threats. Imagine the situation reversed. If Afghan helicopters were circling our neighborhoods and Afghan troops were here on the ground I would like to think many of us would be shooting back. If they had the technological advantage then we would be the little white shapes on the ground.

9/11 was a tragedy blown far out of proportion. The American public, being soft and entitled, demand safety and security that simply can't be guaranteed. That fear and expectation has been exploited in the Iraqi and Afghan conflicts. We have killed far too many people, spent way too much money, and created a vast amount of ill-will in the process. It looks worse for every year that goes by. As we stand in line with our shoes in our hands waiting to scanned, and as our troops risk their lives killing people who will never threaten us here at home, America looks to the world like a fearful and irrational nation.

Cheering on some high-tech killing should be beneath us. I saw that video and had the same reaction as some earlier posters. First I imagined being underneath that thermal system someday when the fear and entitlement of this nation reaches its logical end. Then I wondered how we were accomplishing anything by killing those people.

Very well said.

"Neutralizing the threat" is often heard on NES. That's all you need to do in a defensive situation. Now that the threat from Al-Qaeda has been largely if not totally eliminated, time to pack up camp.

I watched the video in its entirety. I think most humans have an innate morbid curiosity, and I'm no exception. So I watched it. But celebrating death is just a foreign concept for me, and I suppose most other decent human beings. It's more than mildly disturbing to hear the juvenile giddiness when one of the targets, legitimately or otherwise, is blown to absolute pieces (the pieces that are illuminating in the FLIR feed after the target is hit).

If that doesn't disturb the most hardened warmonger, I'm sure when those 30mm bullets start raining on you and your little AR-15, you'll be singing a different tune.

Hmm, so we need to be concerned with where the bad guys are born not plan, train, and execute from? I guess if I was stupid this would make sense. I guess we got it wrong attacking Berlin in world war 2 since Hilter wasn't born there.

analogy fail, try again.

Back
Top Bottom