Two Apaches rip Taliban to shreds

One of my first thoughts. Amazing technology...I wonder how cool it will be when they start using it on the American populace with regularity.
oh yea, it's going to be awesome seeing hellfire missiles blow up houses down the street to get at the marijuana plant the 17 year old inside has in his closet, but i guess as long as all the cops make it home.... and dont get their hair messed up in a physical confrontation.

oh yea, it's going to be awesome seeing hellfire missiles blow up houses down the street to get at the marijuana plant the 17 year old inside has in his closet, but i guess as long as all the cops make it home.... and dont get their hair messed up in a physical confrontation.

You forgot about the dogs?

They already use drones on the civilian population. It was an article last week. It was a standoff between a guy and the police when they employed a drone to fly over and use thermal so they could locate him in the house and take him out. It is not how they will use them, it is how they are already using them against us. Back on topic its great technology until you realize it is the same technology they will be using against you if they need it.

I watched that video and was thinking, "send those muslims back to jesus!"

That's probably not politically correct, is it?

Probably should have called them militant muslim extremists intent on chopping the head off just about anyone who disagrees with their crazy mythology. My apologies. - KilgoreTrout

Last edited:
How long before the police get what? Apaches with 30mm chain guns and hellfire missles? Do you guys hear yourselves talk?

The application of high quality thermal imaging from the air is what people are referring to. There is no hiding from that in most circumstances. You don't need 30mm and missiles to make that combination very effective.

The application of high quality thermal imaging from the air is what people are referring to. There is no hiding from that in most circumstances. You don't need 30mm and missiles to make that combination very effective.

Yeah, that's what I thought first but then I said to myself, "Self, since FLIR and high quality cameras are nothing new and already in use by EVERYONE I should rule that out."

I watch that video and all I ask is why are we still there and why are young kids cheering about killing people who they don't know and would have no way of harming an American if we weren't wasting our time trying to do exactly what the soviets were there for 25 years ago.

I find nothing funny or honorable about killing people for no reason other than they live in a certain country and were carrying a rifle.

Utterly pointless.

I find nothing funny or honorable about killing people for no reason other than they live in a certain country and were carrying a rifle.

Utterly pointless.

SIGH... the rest of your post aside, have you considered that maybe they were in the process of planting an IED, planning an ambush or maybe even already in contact with troops on the ground who called in the air assets? Look, I know these ****s well. It's no longer about about why are the Americans here. It's about convert to Islam or die. They want to kill you and your unborn children. I've been there, most of you have not. So, please stop talking about what you think you know. The people who have been there and seen their friends die do not care what you think. Yes, we should no longer be there. We get it. I get it. Unfortunately, we are beyond that.

Last edited:
America does own the night when it comes to weapon systems. These military men & women are doing their job...and they are doing it effectively. God Bless our troops!

[iwojima]

I watch that video and all I ask is why are we still there and why are young kids cheering about killing people who they don't know and would have no way of harming an American if we weren't wasting our time trying to do exactly what the soviets were there for 25 years ago.

Utterly pointless.

Jeeziz.

Please refer to the first sentence in your own sig lines.

The only way to deal effectively with terrorists is to kill every GODDAMN LAST ONE OF THEM.

But hey I'm sure you're right. Those dudes from a certain country out in the middle of the night, collaborating and carrying weapons were probably just... farming.

SIGH... the rest of your post aside, have you considered that maybe they were in the process of planting an IED, planning an ambush or maybe even already in contact with troops on the ground who called in the air assets? Look, I know these ****s well. It's no longer about about why are the Americans here. It's about convert to Islam or die. They want to kill you and your unborn children. I've been there, most of you have not. So, please stop talking about what you think you know. The people who have been there and seen their friends die do not care what you think. Yes, we should no longer be there. We get it. I get it. Unfortunately, we are beyond that.

If they were doing any of those things, it was being done in their own country and wouldn't hurt Americans if we weren't over there. Your post is pointless and only supports my argument. If we weren't there they wouldn't be trying to kill us.

Jeeziz.

Please refer to the first sentence in your own sig lines.

The only way to deal effectively with terrorists is to kill every GODDAMN LAST ONE OF THEM.

But hey I'm sure you're right. Those dudes from a certain country out in the middle of the night, collaborating and carrying weapons were probably just... farming.

Guys fighting in their own countries are not terrorists. Whether you hate them for their nationality or religion does nothing to change the fact we are an occupying army with absolutely no "enemy". Bin laden is dead. That's why we went there and we should have been gone the minute we knew he was no longer there.

And my Sig line has absolutely nothing to do with invading other countries and occupying them indefinitely. Nice try though.

Last edited:
Guys fighting in their own countries are not terrorists. Whether you hate them for their nationality or religion does nothing to change the fact we are an occupying army with absolutely no "enemy". Bin laden is dead. That's why we went there and we should have been gone the minute we knew he was no longer there.

And my Sig line has absolutely nothing to do with invading other countries and occupying them indefinitely. Nice try though.

Ok so let me get this straight.

You believe that because Bin Laden is dead, we no longer have anything to worry about?

And you believe that if we left the sandbox, terrorists around the globe would just decide to leave us alone and throw in the towel? (no pun intended)

I agree with you 100% that we should GTF outta there but hey, while the .gov is deciding to keep our boys there, why not light up armed combatants with absolute superior firepower and post videos of it on YouTube? Maybe, just maybe, there's a Jihadist in the making somewhere out there googling the shit out of his Saturday night, seeing video's like that and realizing all this death and destruction is being brought on by an extremist group within his country that brutally attacked one of the most powerful countries in the world and now he's having second thoughts about just how good-looking those 70 virgins might be?

LOL

Last edited:
I think the whole Apache platform is impressive technology, the 3900 yard missile strike is quite a site.

question ... how do I hide from those damn cameras?

Back
Top Bottom