TV firearm handling annoyances

You all need to watch less television.
Probably so, but who dares to go to an NBA game.

The fake that bothers me the most is in a western, the bad guy's henchmen are on up on balconies. When they get shot, they fall forward over the balcony rail and die in the street.

The fake that bothers me the most is in a western, the bad guy's henchmen are on up on balconies. When they get shot, they fall forward over the balcony rail and die in the street.

Would you rather they fly back 6 feet to show the awesome stopping power of non-jacketed .45?

[laugh]

Would you rather they fly back 6 feet to show the awesome stopping power of non-jacketed .45?

[laugh]

Please refer to post 92 .[smile]

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but the one that really annoys me is Mythbusters. They always claim that they do everything with safety in mind, but when it comes to firearms handling they're complete morons. Things like the improper use of chamber flags by sticking them in the muzzle instead of the chamber, or Adam aimlessly waving a pistol around with no regard for safe direction, or even chambering a round through the ejection port on a semiauto. These not only don't teach someone the proper way to be safe, but they teach people that it's ok to be unsafe with firearms.

It's bad for the extractor(maybe) and beats the hell out of the base of the case but I don't see how it is a safety issue.

Back
Top Bottom