TV firearm handling annoyances

What television firearm handling bugged you when you watched it?

Two that annoyed me most recently:

- On the Mentalist, Agent Lisbon had to surrender her firearm, so she cycled the slide then dropped the mag before turning it over. In that order.

- On Bones, whenever Agent Booth fires his gun. He's supposed to be a crack shot, yet blinks every time he pulls the trigger.

Since getting my LTC, I seem to be paying a lot closer attention. [smile]

The best has to be when someone is holding someone at gunpoint and then after a while they rack one in. I almost always scream, at least to myself, so the gun wasn’t loaded this whole time. There are many more but part of me thinks I am glade they do it stupidly on TV. If the need ever arises it is better to be up against someone who learned all about handling firearms from watching TV then someone who really knows how to handle one.

My favorites is when you know the guns already loaded and they Load another round just to show they are serious. It's like dude he just fired 2 shots at you. Did him loading another round really make you MORE scared? Or Less knowing that now you have one more bullet then he does. Same thing goes for shotguns. I can't tell ya how many times I've seen people re-cock shotguns in movies and tv shows. I'm thinking ok well If he does that 3 more times he won't have any shells left in the damn thing and then I wont have to worry about it.

Oh and we won't even get into Trigger finger ettiquite. I'm sure we can all go on for hours about that crap.

Let's not overlook the second and third cop entering a room with their guns aimed at their partners' back/head at some point.

Some of the worst gun handling and shooting is on Guns&Ammo TV. Especially Sheriff Jim Wilson, take off those stupid glasses and go back to the nursing home, no one cares about your stupid stories.

And John Scoutten on Shootingusa. Wow, you have a bad flinch and stop grinding your teeth when you shoot

Chuck...

Did anybody watch 'Chuck'?

In the opening credits they fire a pistol and the entire cartridge comes out of the barrel. Yes... case and bullet still attached.... ugh!

I was amazed at all the stupid stuff Isee now that my eyes are open.

David

Was watching a Law and Order SVU last night and Ice-T was cleaning is 92FS - with his finger on the trigger. My wife was laughing at me I was yelling at the TV.

One of my all time favorites was while watching the crime comedy "pscyh" - A cop whips out his dual shoulder holstered glocks akimbo style in a crowded restaurant.

Also any movie where a guy runs out of ammo, the slide doesn't lock back, and they continually press the trigger with the empty clicking sound. (Although isn't it true some older mags don't lock the slide back on certain handguns if I recall correctly?)

Lethal Weapon

Murtough stopped the hammer from falling with his finger while Riggs had a gun pointed at his own head and squeezed the trigger [rofl][shocked]

Yeah, but Jet Li can fly and keep himself airborne simply by kicking bad guys in the face.

You can't? Huh...weird

Has anyone ever tried the ol' place two mags upright on the table, fire off two guns akimdo, when they run dry, drop the mags and slam the guns down onto your two spares? Seems like a bad idea...but might work

Back
Top Bottom