• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Turning Antis around .. One at a time

Duxprep

NES Member
I just received this note from a student I had for my NRA basic Pistol Class last weekend. [smile] I love it when I am able to get through the fog

Thanks for the picture and THANK YOU for being such a great teacher, mentor, and professional in all aspects of the course from start to finish! I am convinced that your well versed knowledge and expertise, skill level, and love for the subject reassured me without doubt, the decision and responsibility Ihave committed to is the right one for me and my family. The way in which you delivered the course and educated me seemed so, "ZEN" and natural, that it has encouraged me to continue to want to learn more about the subject, be responsible and respectful while handling the tool, integrate what was taught to me, and improve from there.

I have to say I was pretty frightened if not completely stressed about handling the different types of guns. After the completion of the course, I realized how ignorant I really was on guns and shooting. I realized my only frame of reference came from inaccurate images and methodology about guns and shooting from movies and the news (sad, I know). Personally, you turned a very foreign and scary subject into an exciting endeavor and empowered me with a new perspective on gun safety and shooting. I realize that as I continue to handle and practice what you have taught me, I will gain more confidence and ease with all aspects of shooting. I know I am at the very beginning stages, but I am confident that what I learned from you is a critical foundation to being successful, safe, and responsible with all aspects of gun safety and shooting and the sport itself. Thank you again for all of your help and encouragement! I am sure I will be in contact with you as I move forward in the licensing and registration process, researching and purchasing, etc

Nice work. Interesting that level headed speaking, education and common courtesy were tools that helped win this person over. Versus stamping your feet and crying about the way things "should" be. Perhaps we can all take notes from Dux.

Back
Top Bottom