Tula Arsenal rebuilt AR's now at Century?

So will we maybe be seeing Tula Arsenal rebuilt AR's sometime down the road?: [wink]

Russian capture AR rifles. In excellent shape with only some handling marks. All serial numbers matching - Bushmaster manufacture. Appear to have very little if any use. Tula Arsenal rebuilt and stored away - get a piece of history

20080817180857ENLUS0145321912189965.jpg

im guessing they got those from the georgians?
the russians wouldnt have to much need for those i dont think, with the AK-74M being on par with the m4 style rifle, or the new AN-94 maybe even being better with its interesting features.

EDIT:
when are the russians going to develop new helmets!? talk about ww2 stuff.

They got them from the Georgians - I pulled the pics from another forum where they were talking about the U.S. equipment the Russians have walked off with that they got from the Georgians.

shesh! talk about not securing unused weapons.
not to worry though, im sure the US administration is more then willing to throw more money into a fellow "democratic" countries military.

i cant imagine why they would be giving them 5.56 NATO rifles when its far into eastern europe, which is the land of the AK47 and AK74. the only bullets your going to see there are 7.62x39, 5.45x39 & 7.62x54R.
i cant see there being a large 5.56x45 supply in those parts. duh!

We're allies, ammunition commonality could prove useful down the road? Or more accurately, already has proved useful since Georgia had 2K troops in Iraq.

All I can say is what a waste of a bunch of perfectly good rifles. They'll
probably get destroyed, or at best, sold off as parts somewhere.

-Mike

i cant imagine why they would be giving them 5.56 NATO rifles when its far into eastern europe, which is the land of the AK47 and AK74. the only bullets your going to see there are 7.62x39, 5.45x39 & 7.62x54R.
i cant see there being a large 5.56x45 supply in those parts. duh!

If you're sponsoring another country, it isn't that big of a deal logistically to throw some ammo into the mix. Further, a lot of that military surplus you speak of has probably conveniently disappeared after the fall of the soviet union. I bet Victor Bout and some of his buddies had a field day with that so many years ago. It's probably all sitting a in a warehouse in Yemen down the street from the warehouse that has 12 million AKM rifles in it. [laugh] I bet a lot of that stuff got bought at pennies on the dollar.

-Mike

Last edited:
their m4's. - looking to be made by bushmaster by the logo on the lower recievers.
the US "donated" over 4,000 of the carbines to the georgian army before the conflict began.

Just goes to show what happens when there is no parkarizing under the front sight and the keys are not staked properly! [crying]

B

WTF? I have read reports that the retreating Russians were destroying Georgian military equipment they captured - is that what this is? Most of what I can make out in the pile are AR style guns - but it looks like there might be a SAW in there too?

I just can not take it Iam going to cry [crying] Take those sad pictures away.

I'm pretty sure all of those are post-86 MGs. See the first picture? The selector that is visible is on Auto.

Although in Russia, cash can get you almost anything.

I'm pretty sure all of those are post-86 MGs. See the first picture? The selector that is visible is on Auto.

Although in Russia, cash can get you almost anything.

im surprised the russian military didnt keep them for itself and use them as new training aids for OPFOR weapons, or sell them to some poor country. money is money. no need to waste things that have value.

Back
Top Bottom