trying to get my Class A but I am stuck

I am a little confused about how a primary care doctor is able to make a judgement about one's mental fitness, assuming that he/she doesn't moonlight as a psychiatrist.
Your primary care doctor can't make a judgment about whether or not you would be prone to violence. Most all mental health professionals will also say that they can't predict who will and who won't be violent.

But this stuff isn't about the realities of mental health.

To the OP:

You have the choice of cooperating with your Chief Of Buffoons, which means getting your doctor or a new doctor that isn't a bigot.

Or, fighting your Chief, which is likely to get expensive, time consuming and not certain of coming out in your favor.

You can decide on moral grounds (fight the bastard in court), fiscal (get another doctor) or convenience (get another doctor).

I would make it clear to your doctor WHY you are leaving him and tell all your freinds who he is so they can avoid him. You just can't say or write anything untrue about him.

Don't be TOO surprised if your Chief gives you restrictions.

I am a little confused about how a primary care doctor is able to make a judgement about one's mental fitness, assuming that he/she doesn't moonlight as a psychiatrist. .

Your PC doctor can't. Period.

The "requirement" serves two purposes:

1. Dissuade as many people as possible from even applying; AND

2. Provide the chief a piece of paper s/he thinks s/he can hide behind "in the event something happens."

Your PC doctor can't. Period.

The "requirement" serves two purposes:

1. Dissuade as many people as possible from even applying; AND

2. Provide the chief a piece of paper s/he thinks s/he can hide behind "in the event something happens."

My point exactly. We need an emotocon for sarcasm. [wink]

Couldn't find one for sarcasm, but I found a fun one for frustration, heh.

174.gif

agree

To the OP:

Or, fighting your Chief, which is likely to get expensive, time consuming and not certain of coming out in your favor.

You can decide on moral grounds (fight the bastard in court), fiscal (get another doctor) or convenience (get another doctor).

I would make it clear to your doctor WHY you are leaving him and tell all your freinds who he is so they can avoid him. You just can't say or write anything untrue about him.

Don't be TOO surprised if your Chief gives you restrictions.

I agree, I will just find another doc. In fact I am looking for one. Unfortunately, you're probably right about restrictions.

Just giving you guys an update on my situation. I spoke to cop today and he told me that I have to know my doc for 10 years or more. So basically telling me I can't jump doctors.

Just giving you guys an update on my situation. I spoke to cop today and he told me that I have to know my doc for 10 years or more. So basically telling me I can't jump doctors.

SUE HIM.

The towns budget is bigger than his and the CLEO knows it.

I'm not a rich man by any means, but I'll donate $250 to the fund right now. Just get one of the NES lawyers (or some other legitimate firearms lawyer) to agree to take the case and I'll send a check this afternoon. This is BS.

WTF!!! I'm 65 years old and I haven't known my doc for 10 years. My old one retired. So, if I moved to your town from ,let's say Wisconsin, and was applying, I'd need to wait ten years 'til I knew my doc long enough. This is getting absurder (sorry Scriv), and absurder. [angry][angry]

OMFG. So after seeing the same doctor after 9 1/2 years, who then dies, means you have to wait another 10 years before you qualify for a LTC?

Bugger that!

WTF!!! I'm 65 years old and I haven't known my doc for 10 years. My old one retired. So, if I moved to your town from ,let's say Wisconsin, and was applying, I'd need to wait ten years 'til I knew my doc long enough. This is getting absurder (sorry Scriv), and absurder. [angry][angry]

Seriously, how many people have known their doctor for 10 years? 10 years ago my doctor what whatever Navy doc I happened to get when I walked into the medical facility that day. More recently my PCP left the practice to work as a private physician for a college sports team and I had to get a new one. I don't think I've ever had the same doctor for more than a few years.

This is some seriously capricious stuff that this COP is pulling and I can't imagine it would hold up even in a MA court.....

I'm not a rich man by any means, but I'll donate $250 to the fund right now. Just get one of the NES lawyers (or some other legitimate firearms lawyer) to agree to take the case and I'll send a check this afternoon. This is BS.

We were on our way to coming up with a mechanism for this but the effort has stammered a little. But yes, we in MA need an org like this.

We were on our way to coming up with a mechanism for this but the effort has stammered a little. But yes, we in MA need an org like this.

Thanks, but I want to try one more doctor. I had a organ transplant when I was a kid, so I will ask my transplant team. The cop told me since its not my pcp, he will take the letter into consideration. Whatever the hell that means. If either they don't write the letter or he refuses to accept it, then I will take every legal action possible within my budget. I am willing to spend up to a thousand dollars. On that note, I will not accept other peoples hard earned money. Thanks though. In the mean time I am writing to my representatives about GOAL bill H.2259. I am praying that it will pass.

If either they don't write the letter or he refuses to accept it, then I will take every legal action possible within my budget. I am willing to spend up to a thousand dollars. On that note, I will not accept other peoples hard earned money.
Unfortunately, $1000 won't get you anywhere. At most, $1000 will get you four hours of a lawyers time. That's enough for your lawyer to write a letter or two, if that.
In the mean time I am writing to my representatives about GOAL bill H.2259. I am praying that it will pass.
While I, too, am praying that it will pass, I doubt that it will. In fact, I'd be flabbergasted if it passes.

Thanks, but I want to try one more doctor. I had a organ transplant when I was a kid, so I will ask my transplant team. The cop told me since its not my pcp, he will take the letter into consideration. Whatever the hell that means. If either they don't write the letter or he refuses to accept it, then I will take every legal action possible within my budget. I am willing to spend up to a thousand dollars. On that note, I will not accept other peoples hard earned money. Thanks though. In the mean time I am writing to my representatives about GOAL bill H.2259. I am praying that it will pass.

Come by the next hearing and tell your story there. We need more people in situations like yours, even if it is rectified by the COP not denying you, which I suspect they won't deny you because they are rank bullies who back down to people who stand up to them or pay their game to win. Many of the official stats don't show outright denials and the legislature needs to know why. Yours is a good example that people probably give up.

On that note, I will not accept other peoples hard earned money.

With all due respect, it's not about you. If I can donate a few bucks towards a case (yours or someone else's) that has a decent chance of creating some positive case law that we could all benefit from I will do so in a heartbeat. I'm pretty sure there are more than a few of us here on NES who will do the same.

With all due respect, it's not about you. If I can donate a few bucks towards a case (yours or someone else's) that has a decent chance of creating some positive case law that we could all benefit from I will do so in a heartbeat. I'm pretty sure there are more than a few of us here on NES who will do the same.

+1
I'm in for some amount.

Back
Top Bottom