Try to find an AR-15/M4 type rifle wow!

Boy, I picked the wrong time to begin "shopping" for an AR-15 assault rifle.
Left-handed no less i.e. DPMS or Stag.
Wiped out everywhere!!
...and if you do find one, ch-ching, open that wallet wide baby[rolleyes]

Guess I'll wait a while.
Thanks Bobby.[angry]

ace57

Wiped out everywhere!!

Guess I'll wait a while.
Thanks Bobby.[angry]

ace57

They had 7 at Riley's a week ago.

5 AKs. No idea on price/configuration.

Please don't call them "Assault rifles". Paul at State Line should still have the AR rifle and AR pistol which I gave him on consignment not too long ago. You may want to give them a call. They won't rip you off. Jack.

... AR pistol which I gave him on consignment not too long ago. ...

Grrr, don't make me spend more money! No...doobie build it yourself! build it yourself... don't buy one already built....but want now...me precious! Build self, yes me precious....mmm

Wiped out everywhere!!

Guess I'll wait a while.
Thanks Bobby.[angry]

ace57

Keep looking!

A suggestion:

Don't call it an assault rifle. An assault rifle is a select-fire gun (don't call it a weapon either). You're looking for a semi-automatic rifle.

We need to be careful. The anti's love to use language against us, let's not help them out [smile] Welcome to the forum!

EDIT
Sorry for the dupe advice, I posted before reading.

Don't call it an assault rifle. An assault rifle is a select-fire gun (don't call it a weapon either). You're looking for a semi-automatic rifle.

But isn't that what 'AR' stands for or is there another meaning to 'AR'?

Wiped out everywhere!!

Guess I'll wait a while.
Thanks Bobby.[angry]

ace57

Grin, no problem. I just picked up a Thompson in .45 ACP. Yup, I just love the round. 30-rd. mags are readily available and I think one 50-rd. drum should do it. My model is the T1-C (Commando). Definitely a "personal choice" item, but I just could not get on board with all the .223 mania. For me, and to my own personal liking, this item is the one for me. [wink]

Just to clarify, I never used the term "weapon."

As far as the definition of "assault", I understand this "genre" of rifle is semiauto, and the earlier definition descended from selectfire armament.

I am not attempting to incur the wrath of "anti's" nor am I trying to draw negative attention to this site, I was merely making a comment. Didn't realize I had to be THAT careful with my terminologies.[rolleyes]

My biggest mistake was saying "thanks Bobby" when I meant " thanks Barry." But what's a few name changes/birth certificate changes among friends.[laugh]

My second biggest mistake was waiting till after the election to shop for this type of "semi automatic rifle." (howz that)

oh, btw, thanks for the welcome to the forum.[grin]

ace57

But isn't that what 'AR' stands for or is there another meaning to 'AR'?

"AR" stands for "ARmalite." Armalite was the subsidiary of Fairchild Aircraft, which was the original producer of AR-10 and AR-15 rifles (and some other firearms).

Just to clarify, I never used the term "weapon."

As far as the definition of "assault", I understand this "genre" of rifle is semiauto, and the earlier definition descended from selectfire armament.

I am not attempting to incur the wrath of "anti's" nor am I trying to draw negative attention to this site, I was merely making a comment. Didn't realize I had to be THAT careful with my terminologies.[rolleyes]

My biggest mistake was saying "thanks Bobby" when I meant " thanks Barry." But what's a few name changes/birth certificate changes among friends.[laugh]

My second biggest mistake was waiting till after the election to shop for this type of "semi automatic rifle." (howz that)

oh, btw, thanks for the welcome to the forum.[grin]

ace57

Grin, remember the song, "The Name Game"? I wouldn't worry about it. [wink]

"AR" stands for "ARmalite." Armalite was the subsidiary of Fairchild Aircraft, which was the original producer of AR-10 and AR-15 rifles (and some other firearms).

Bingo!!!

I can't believe we made it that far into the thread before someone pointed that out.

Thanks Ray, you're right....haha, "the Name Game" haven't thought of that song in a while...you're dating yourself!
Like your quote Ray, BTW, I went to school and was friends with Gen. Georges grandson, nice guy, much mellower than I bet his grandad was[smile]

Thanks Mark and others for the leads, I'll check them out. I like Zero Hour, bought a SW 1911 there...

Now, if anyone would just buy my Left handed Anschutz 1903 from gunsamerica, I'd be all set....[hmmm]

ace57

Picking up a MA Compliant S&W M&P15FT that I got sent in from out of state via a connection. I'm on a waiting list for a MA Compliant Sig 556...

I missed picking up a Sig 556 a few weeks ago by 2 minuets (not kidding!!!). I called and they (Four Seasons) had one, left work to get it and there was a guy fondling it when I got there and took it... Grrrrr....

Thanks Ray, you're right....haha, "the Name Game" haven't thought of that song in a while...you're dating yourself! Like your quote Ray, BTW, I went to school and was friends with Gen. Georges grandson, nice guy, much mellower than I bet his grandad was[smile] Thanks Mark and others for the leads, I'll check them out. I like Zero Hour, bought a SW 1911 there... Now, if anyone would just buy my Left handed Anschutz 1903 from gunsamerica, I'd be all set....[hmmm] ace57
Grin, no problem dating myself...not ashamed of my age. Did you ever have any conversations about his Grandad? Was he (grandson) aware of the politics in play during his Grandads life? Did he ever have anything to say about his Grandad's career? Needless to say, I liked Gen. Patton, what he stood for, and how he approached things. Did the Grandson, being part of the family, have any insight as to the workings of Patton's mind? Grin, different scenarios, but my own feeling is that he (Patton) and later, McArthur, were put down and castigated for speaking truth from a military viewpoint. Just not "politically correct" at the moment.[wink]

Grin, no problem. I just picked up a Thompson in .45 ACP. Yup, I just love the round. 30-rd. mags are readily available and I think one 50-rd. drum should do it. My model is the T1-C (Commando). Definitely a "personal choice" item, but I just could not get on board with all the .223 mania. For me, and to my own personal liking, this item is the one for me. [wink]

I freakin' hate you. Lucky bastich! (turns green with envy)

PICS please.

Hey, I'm around 50 Ray, I ain't no spring chicken.
I agree with your assessment of the political correctness versus military perspective. Patton was only a LITTLE outspoken now, wasn't he?

You might be interested to know that George's grandson wrote a book on his family in the last 5 years. Not sure of the title, nor have I read it.

As far as our conversations, when I knew Robert/Bob (his grandson) we were roommates in prep school. Of course, his grandad was dead before he was born, and quite frankly, we did not have too many conversations about his family, boarding school is sort of like that. Lets just say that much of the seventies were a "haze" unfortunately, if you know what I mean.[thinking]

He completed boarding school (here in MA actually), I did not, I was "shown the door," again if-you-know-what-I-mean.[rolleyes]

Wonder what ever happened to his renowned pearl handled sidearms?

ace57

I freakin' hate you. Lucky bastich! (turns green with envy)

PICS please.

Grin, don't hate me, was just lucky enough to have the funds available to purchase it. Picked up a couple of "3rd hands" to take care of the drum and one of our forum members had a mag loading tool for the 30-rd. stick mag that he was willing to sell. Its only needed for the last 5-6 rounds or so, but at that point it makes loading effortless. I thank Ernie for selling me the item.

To those who dislike the "assault rifle" terminology, take it up with Zero Hour Arms. [wink]

www.zerohourarms.com

Zero Hour Arms specializes in sale of military style assault rifles, pistols, shotguns, NFA transferable & post sample machine guns, ARMS mounts and SIR RAS Rail Interface systems. We manufacture sound suppressors and silencers for LE & civilian use.

Like the terms or not, that's your choice. But this recurring theme of denying that "weapon" and "assault rifle" are not "correct" is utter horseshit. You’re not going to scare an "anti" any more than they already are simply by using the proper terms.

Weapon: as defined by Merriam Webster:

Main Entry: 1weap•on
Pronunciation: \ˈwe-pən\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English wepen, from Old English wǣpen; akin to Old High German wāffan weapon, Old Norse vāpn
Date: before 12th century
1 : something (as a club, knife, or gun) used to injure, defeat, or destroy

Assault Rifle (same source):
Main Entry: assault rifle
Function: noun
Date: 1972
: any of various automatic or semiautomatic rifles with large capacity magazines designed for military use.

Back
Top Bottom