Trump - we need to stop people on no fly list from buying guns

Fairfax, Va.— The executive director of the National Rifle Association's Institute for Legislative Action, Chris W. Cox, released the following statement regarding terror watchlists:
We are happy to meet with Donald Trump. The NRA's position on this issue has not changed. The NRA believes that terrorists should not be allowed to purchase or possess firearms, period. Anyone on a terror watchlist who tries to buy a gun should be thoroughly investigated by the FBI and the sale delayed while the investigation is ongoing. If an investigation uncovers evidence of terrorist activity or involvement, the government should be allowed to immediately go to court, block the sale, and arrest the terrorist. At the same time, due process protections should be put in place that allow law-abiding Americans who are wrongly put on a watchlist to be removed. That has been the position of Sen. John Cornyn (R.-Tex.) and a majority of the U.S. Senate. Sadly, President Obama and his allies would prefer to play politics with this issue.

Excellent.

As usual,the NRA has anticipated this.

So what? I'm not gay, does that mean I don't support gay rights? I don't go to church, does that mean I don't feel strongly that people should freely exercise their religion so long as it doesn't infringe on others' rights? He's for an easier path to citizenship. He's been on record saying he supports deporting illegal undocumented immigrants if they are ever discovered in a way that does not violate due process. As for Weld, he sees things differently now as far as gun rights. Call me naive, but I think it's completely within reason to change your political views over time. You're not bound to your opinion for life

You'd have a much tougher time convincing me you're for gay rights if you were caught dumping a rainbow flag in the trash that someone just gave you.

They are blaming the NRA for Orlando, do they blame Revereware for building pressure cookers after Boston?

Or AAA after deadly car accidents? Or AARP after an old person steps on the wrong pedal and runs their car past the produce dept and all the way to the bread isle at the local Piggly Wiggly?

NO. WHY? Because these pols get fu(kin campaign contributions from the other two commie orgs I mentioned above!

Many republicans are likely to support Zeldin's compromise bill, HR 4237, I suspect this is going to be the bill that Trump and the NRA will back.

4237 is not perfect, but it does include a semblance of due process.

Fairfax, Va.— The executive director of the National Rifle Association's Institute for Legislative Action, Chris W. Cox, released the following statement regarding terror watchlists:
We are happy to meet with Donald Trump. The NRA's position on this issue has not changed. The NRA believes that terrorists should not be allowed to purchase or possess firearms, period. Anyone on a terror watchlist who tries to buy a gun should be thoroughly investigated by the FBI and the sale delayed while the investigation is ongoing. If an investigation uncovers evidence of terrorist activity or involvement, the government should be allowed to immediately go to court, block the sale, and arrest the terrorist. At the same time, due process protections should be put in place that allow law-abiding Americans who are wrongly put on a watchlist to be removed. That has been the position of Sen. John Cornyn (R.-Tex.) and a majority of the U.S. Senate. Sadly, President Obama and his allies would prefer to play politics with this issue.

This position is too rational, it doesn't satisfy the emotional needs of those who want to FEEL better that the Nanny State is taking care of them.

just abstain from voting then. A vote for GJ is a vote for Hillary.
God that is so annoying to read, especially when people are so concerned about Hillary winning. Maybe encourage people to get involved instead of standing on the sidelines and letting the mess keep rolling on?
Waiting for Trump boners to come in here and defend this. Should be fun.
You have no idea what it takes to get on that list do you?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/743078235408195584

Trump is showing his true colors.
Are you all happy for voting for him now? Thanks guys, you did a great f'ing job nominating a giant orange turd.

- - - Updated - - -

rights cannot be restricted without due process.
You think so? Lets see how that plays out...

So say you're on the list and can't buy a gun.

what happens to the ones you already own? Do they come get those too?

is that the end game? (well, obviously it is but you know what I'm saying..)

IANL but I would think, no, but when it came time to renew your LTC I think if you are on the list, and not just the same name as someone, you would find it hard to keep your LTC. Again each chief will have their own rules

Let's look at the reality of it.
That list would be weaponized so fast you'd feel the breeze.
10's of thousand of people would be pounded onto it and they would be years if ever to get off it, assuming you could afford to fight it at all.
Of course there's always the possibility that the same people who want to flood this country with thousands of military aged goat f*ckers really have the best interests for our safety at heart.
Which is more likely?

ONLY if there is due process to add a name, and a means to appeal being on the list!

They need a NEW LIST, not the same mysterious double secret list they have already.

Many republicans are likely to support Zeldin's compromise bill, HR 4237, I suspect this is going to be the bill that Trump and the NRA will back.

4237 is not perfect, but it does include a semblance of due process.
It's far from being perfect. It's still stripping people of their constitutional rights because "hey, I think he's a terrorist!" You can't tell me that the judges in the mockery that passes for a justice system in this country will do anything other than rubber stamp any petitions brought forth under this bill. This will be more knee-jerk POS legislation. Something happens and the politicians get all torqued up and "derpppp...we gotta do somethin!!!! OMG, GUNZZZZ!" Not only should we try to block any bill like this, we should remove the politicians backing it from office.

That bill passes and the "list" will balloon while .gov uses it to deny rights to all sorts of groups it doesn't like. Just another tool to control dissidents.

It's bullshit that somebody who has a felony conviction on their record permanently loses their 2A rights.

edit - or what economist said

There are many legal punishments that don't involve being incarcerated. A kid toucher may only get a year or two, but he has to register for life and can't be around kids. A drunk driver may only get a year in prison, but they may lose their DL for life.

Hold on hold on... Let's not jump to the typical NES conclusions... He said he's meeting with the NRA to discuss. Okay - so lets consider what that means. It means he's seeking their council. It means that they'll make recommendations that will allow people due process, etc. Now - what the Donald does with that advice - we shall see. But lets not kid ourselves. You think any other Republican would be meeting with the NRA for council right after a mass shooting.... How about crooked Hillary? Give me a break..

Last edited:
Hold on hold on... Let's not jump to the typical NES conclusions... He said he's meeting with the NRA to discuss. Okay - so lets consider what that means. It means he's seeking their council. It means that they'll make recommendations that will allow people due process, etc. Now - what the Donald does with that advice - we shall see. But lets not kid ourselves. You think any other Republican would be meeting with the NRA for council right after a mass shooting.... How about crooked Hillary? Give me a break..[/QUOTE

Very good point

Yes it's a complete shit show because this concept you are thinking of "pre crime, possibly maybe someone might be bad, so we'll just put them on ice until we can figure that out or not" is not supported as a tenet in law. The state is compelled to "shit or get off the pot" when it wants to restrict someone's rights in any way... and typically this means, applying criminal charges. Not sure where you come from but "Some guy sorta kinda, possibly maybe, but maybe kinda, wants to be a muzzie terrorist... because we don't like him or his friends etc. " You can't possibly think, with a straight face, that detaining someone based on nebulous accusations is suitable for a free country, can you?

-Mike

Agreed.
Wasn't there a horrible Tom cruise movie about this?

What's a Trump boner? is that a gay thing?

Derogatory term typically used by NES illuminati to marginalize people who support Trump. Typically spewed by knuckleheads who are above voting for Trump because they are so intellectually superior to the mindless Trump supporters. See also: smokes weed and Gary Johnson ball lapper.

If they "compromise" on a no-fly list with some type of due process, do you think we could get NFA scaled back or carry reciprocity? We have to get something right?

If they "compromise" on a no-fly list with some type of due process, do you think we could get NFA scaled back or carry reciprocity? We have to get something right?

We ain't gettin shit.

NRA will roll over and play dead like they have before. They already support this ****ing bill.

This is being looked at the wrong way, Just because trump said it doesnt mean he means it..
Trump may be the best polition on the planet.. he's the only republican nominee who can get away with saying this..... convient that after he dessimated all his republican compitition hes back peddling on what he's said in the past ,isn't it?

He gets to have it both ways, some people support the supposedly offensive/dumb things he's said after orlando , and the others support the notion that taking somone rights away without due process is a good idea(mostly because they haven't though it out)

Now if the nra sets trump strait with out making him hit the twitterverse and they propose somthing that is in line with my interpretation of the 2nd, trump looks like a super star. If the nra goes along with anything, ill leave the group, not send money, and remove the NRA from my estate stuff for when i die.
Hopefully trump has thought this out or spoken with the NRA before he made the statement. Because with out a percieved success, he looks a fool more than usually and loses credibility with both sides.

I'd like to think trump is always underestimated, and actually has a masterplan....
The nra somehow making trump look good to both sides will bring trump some of Hillary votes and helps the NRA get a the supreme court nominee in the long game.

Last edited:
No fly list is different than terrorist watch list. If you are on terrorist watch list, I don't want you have guns and I want you and your family packed and shipped back to the shithole Mideast.

Its the "suspected terrorist watch list" not a "terrorist watch list"

Here is how you sound....."gunofthrone, i suspect your a terrorist and even though i have no proof get out of MY country and take people who are not on the list with you out of MY country because they know you."

Ya thats how Americans should treat each other.

If it really were a list of terrorist, we wouldnt send them back ( back doesn't even make sense because some like orlando were born here), we'd execute them.

Last edited:
No fly list is different than terrorist watch list. If you are on terrorist watch list, I don't want you have guns and I want you and your family packed and shipped back to the shithole Mideast.
What if your family isn't from the Middle East? Like, oh I don't know, Tim McVeigh? Or is this about to turn into "hurr durr muzzies are terrorists"?

Back
Top Bottom