• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Travel between Massachusetts and Pennsylvania

Every time I see these posts I wonder if I’m reckless or other people are pants shitters. I have made the drive from Philly to Boston so many times I could only guess, 250 to 300 times. I have all the permits but New York, when I hit New York I stash my pistol under the seat and grab it when I hit CT. In my 35 years of driving I’ve been pulled over dozens of times, I’ve had a few tickets, a few laughs and zero searches.
If someone hits you while you're in NY and carrying without a license in their great state, cops show up on scene, you get transported in ambo, cops search your car and find your piece, insta felony. Chances of that happening? Less than 0.005%? But not 0. The pants shitters prepare for that extremely unlikely scenario. Just like why do some guys wear a condom AND still pull out even if their girl is on her own BC lol.

I’m not sure about that, the Delaware River is our border with Jersey. You know you are crossing into Jersey and it’s not just the sucking sound.

Yeah, I looked, you are right... but its not that hard for someone to bail out on 84 before they cross, and they'd cross into NJ like seconds later.

Every time I see these posts I wonder if I’m reckless or other people are pants shitters. I have made the drive from Philly to Boston so many times I could only guess, 250 to 300 times. I have all the permits but New York, when I hit New York I stash my pistol under the seat and grab it when I hit CT. In my 35 years of driving I’ve been pulled over dozens of times, I’ve had a few tickets, a few laughs and zero searches.

The most memborable thing about crossing is that you know immediately you are in NJ from the smell.... [rofl] [rofl] its either because of it being america's armpit, or its the deposits of the pant shitters at the border.... [laugh]

View: https://youtu.be/NUT07eZoXPw?t=10

Nobody is going to come out of the bushes and kill you if you stop in NJ to take a piss or something. [rofl]

That said, it's good advice regardless, as the service stops on the turnpike etc are generally disgusting. /puke
Dude there are ninjas with xray vision in nj

The pants shitters prepare for that extremely unlikely scenario. Just like why do some guys wear a condom AND still pull out even if their girl is on her own BC lol.
I could argue you’re not prepared for shit with a gun locked in the trunk. In the end, the odds of getting lit up driving or crashing and have my car searched are about the same. I’ll take my chances.

That’s because that dude chose badly.

If someone hits you while you're in NY and carrying without a license in their great state, cops show up on scene, you get transported in ambo, cops search your car and find your piece, insta felony. Chances of that happening? Less than 0.005%? But not 0.

I don't see any realistic data to back that up other than what @Drix quoted about some retard keeping a flintlock in his glovebox. Tons of people move guns across those states every day, legally. That much is fact.

The pants shitters prepare for that extremely unlikely scenario. Just like why do some guys wear a condom AND still pull out even if their girl is on her own BC lol.

I think the odds of pant shitters actually inducing the undesired scenario are exponentially higher than if they just hid their guns/ltc/etc. shit in accordance to FOPA and stopped being faggots about the whole thing. Pant shitters literally don't know what "act normal" means because they're too busy fussing and being retarded. They induce their own nervousness. (often I'm confused as to why these people own guns, because they're borderline incapable of handling it, IMHO, but I digress and thats something for another thread).

Classic example, there was a time ages ago where Maryland State Police used to, once in a blue moon, rustle people going through the 95/harbor tunnels based off an aggregated fusion center type ping bringing up someones FL or other state CCW existence via a license plate. Some guy got pulled over for a marked lanes violation or some BS and got his car tossed for nothing, ONLY BECAUSE HIS WIFE WOULDNT SHUT THE f*** UP. The cop asked him if he had any firearms with him and before he could say "no", she started running her mouth... about "telling the cop about gun" that wasnt there. This caused the cops to put the guy on the pavement, cuff him, and toss his car. All because of someone being a retard and not shutting the f*** up. His wife is basically a pant shitter. These are the things that pant shitters do. They are shitmagnets and bring problems into themselves or others like a goddam surf casting apparatus. 99.9% of the time those problems can be avoided by simply shutting the f*** up. Don't want problems? then stop shitting your pants and thinking like an mindless/over-obeisant type pant shitter. [rofl] it's pretty simple.

Two things to remember:
1) FOPA only covers the gun. It is silent on mags, ammo, etc.
2) Hollowpoints are basically illegal in NJ.

It's all about risk tolerance. Yes, the chances of getting stopped or breaking down and a NJ cop doing an illegal search are small, but the consequences can be astronomical.

Two things to remember:
1) FOPA only covers the gun. It is silent on mags, ammo, etc.
2) Hollowpoints are basically illegal in NJ.

It's all about risk tolerance. Yes, the chances of getting stopped or breaking down and a NJ cop doing an illegal search are small, but the consequences can be astronomical.

2, IIRC, only applies if you're actually carrying them in the gun, as a standalone charge, they're not "always posession illegal, no matter what". The NJ HP ban is context
specific. It's definitely not "HPs are illegal under all conditions" in NJ.

as far as 1 is concerned if your shit is locked up right they have to satisfy a 4A requirements for searches to be legal to even getting to see the "stuff". this places the "state" on a bad footing if they try to screw someone, vs a "loose gun in a car" thing, which is different. See also "reasonable person". I've never heard of a FOPA case where someone got "waived" on the gun but whacked on something else, etc. This is another thing that ayoobists and pant shitters like to make up to make people afraid of everything.

ETA: as far as "small" goes I would say "microscopically small". As in my odds are greater of "getting killed by a car if I walked to the grocery store and back" kind of small.

In most states outside of the PAPD adventurism, when you see an unlawful possession arrest, 99.9% of these people literally shitmagnet the charges to themselves.

"kid had a rifle in backseat of the car with some stuff on top of it but 2in of stock was still visible. targets and other stuff still visible. was wearing a 50 BMG necklace"
"cop pulls guy over, cop sees grip of handgun protruding from under seat after shining his light into the vehicle"
"guy was drunk driving, hits pole, cops find loose gun"

etc, etc ad nauseam. all stuff that is easily avoided by not being retarded.

Last edited:
If you're transporting a handgun in a car thru NY state, even if it's unloaded, locked in trunk and there's a print out of FOPA taped to the box in case a cop forces a search, as soon as you cross into NY state isn't that an insta-felony? Cause NY doesn't honor FOPA? States rights an shiet.
Not how that works. NY is absolutely obligated to honor FOPA (whether or not they do so in practice is another question).

I've driven to and from PA dozens of times with guns.

Number of times I was arrested: 0
Number of times my FOPA compliance was questioned: 0
Number of times my car was searched: 0
Number of times I was questioned about guns: 0
Number of times I got pulled over: 0

Just follow the laws and stop worrying. I've been to ~22 states with guns and the only state I've ever been pulled over is MA, my home state where I spend the most time by far. No one is sitting at the state line just waiting to arrest you.
This..... I do this route on 84 all the time to see my son in PA, and down to see my daughter in SC. I don't have a CT gun license.

You will notice full retard state police presence on 84 in NYS. Do the speed limit or close there and I've never had a problem. Expect there will be at least 2-3 speed traps in that short little area between Danbury, CT and Matamoras, PA

If you're transporting a handgun in a car thru NY state, even if it's unloaded, locked in trunk and there's a print out of FOPA taped to the box in case a cop forces a search, as soon as you cross into NY state isn't that an insta-felony? Cause NY doesn't honor FOPA? States rights an shiet.
No.

You will notice full retard state police presence on 84 in NYS. Do the speed limit or close there and I've never had a problem. Expect there will be at least 2-3 speed traps in that short little area between Danbury, CT and Matamoras, PA

IMHO the patrols vary. and the stretch is about an hour or so, of scenic driving. I have had runs that had zero NJSP in one direction and a half a dozen in the other. I usually peg up the cruise a few mph above the limit and basically get ignored.

The worst part of the whole thing honestly is the tolls in NY before CT coming back, not sure if they finally fixed it or not, but for years its always been an MA turnpike style clusterf*** where the ez-pass lanes are shrouded by troglodyte lanes.

Some DAs NY and NJ will punish you with the process. You win in court cuz FOPA, but you've suffered a lot of damage.

not doing things because someones too busy shititng their pants is another equal form of damage, IMHO. we saw this with covid BS and only later actually recognized how horrible it really was.

Just don't get lit up for speeding like this. Do people in free states really drive around with 'truck guns' like this just riding on the passenger seat and floor well? lol. Unfathomable coming from MA thinking.

adsf11.png

If someone hits you while you're in NY and carrying without a license in their great state, cops show up on scene, you get transported in ambo, cops search your car and find your piece, insta felony. Chances of that happening? Less than 0.005%? But not 0. The pants shitters prepare for that extremely unlikely scenario. Just like why do some guys wear a condom AND still pull out even if their girl is on her own BC lol.
Worth remembering that AAA+ covers towing to your choice of destination within 100 miles.

I have done this trip many times with firearms. I don't have a Conn. out of state permit and no NY permit. Just make sure your firearms are unloaded and locked up in casses and covered up or in the trunk. There is no reason to declare you have firearms if you are stopped. It will be in your best interest that your vehicles lights are all working and you follow the speed limit in Conn. and NY. your trip should be uneventful.

Just don't get lit up for speeding like this. Do people in free states really drive around with 'truck guns' like this just riding on the passenger seat and floor well? lol. Unfathomable coming from MA thinking.

View attachment 741507

Yes.
The important thing is to keep the muzzle pointed somewhere it’ll just go through a floorboard and not hit the transmission, brake lines, or wiring harness in the case of a ND.

As far as driving through NY, the only advice I can give is if you stop at a rest area to piss, use a stall rather than a urinal if CCing since a State Trooper is liable to walk in to relive himself at the urinal next to you and you run the risk of literally getting caught with your pants down.

2, IIRC, only applies if you're actually carrying them in the gun, as a standalone charge, they're not "always posession illegal, no matter what". The NJ HP ban is context
specific. It's definitely not "HPs are illegal under all conditions" in NJ.

as far as 1 is concerned if your shit is locked up right they have to satisfy a 4A requirements for searches to be legal to even getting to see the "stuff". this places the "state" on a bad footing if they try to screw someone, vs a "loose gun in a car" thing, which is different. See also "reasonable person". I've never heard of a FOPA case where someone got "waived" on the gun but whacked on something else, etc. This is another thing that ayoobists and pant shitters like to make up to make people afraid of everything.

ETA: as far as "small" goes I would say "microscopically small". As in my odds are greater of "getting killed by a car if I walked to the grocery store and back" kind of small.

In most states outside of the PAPD adventurism, when you see an unlawful possession arrest, 99.9% of these people literally shitmagnet the charges to themselves.

"kid had a rifle in backseat of the car with some stuff on top of it but 2in of stock was still visible. targets and other stuff still visible. was wearing a 50 BMG necklace"
"cop pulls guy over, cop sees grip of handgun protruding from under seat after shining his light into the vehicle"
"guy was drunk driving, hits pole, cops find loose gun"

etc, etc ad nauseam. all stuff that is easily avoided by not being retarded.
I know of a case in MA where a car was impounded when consent to search was not given for a car parked in a college lot. The officer saw a British 303 spent case, and a warrant was granted - even though a gun in the car of the confirmed LTC holder would not be a crime on school property unless improperly stored or carried in his/her person. The warrant was issued based on the officer's declaration it was illegal to have a gun in the car on school property in the warrant application (yes, I read it). The victim in this case violated the first rule - he failed to be the gray man, or as I would call it, get lost in a crowd of one.

I know of another case where a driver was hassled because the NYSP trooper recognized a CT carry permit in his wallet. Having a LEO as a back seat passenger is what saved him, as the cop did not want to hear anything about NY penal code 265.20(13) that provides an exemption for visiting competitors to an NRA sanctioned match (and the NRA is very good about sanctioning non-NRA like USPSA matches - the matcho rganizer sends the training department a form, the apply a rubber approved stamp, and send it back)

It's amazing how many people have their LTC front in center in their wallet so others can see it when the get out their credit card, pay in cash, present ID to prove their papers are in order, etc.

Worth making sure you can open your trunk to change a tire without any evidence of guns being visible if you are transiting non-permissive territory.

Last edited:
Nobody is going to come out of the bushes and kill you if you stop in NJ to take a piss or something. [rofl]

That said, it's good advice regardless, as the service stops on the turnpike etc are generally disgusting. /puke

f*** NJ. Whenever I go down south, especially armed, I navigate to Scranton and then go from there to completely avoid that shithole.

Back
Top Bottom