• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trauma vest

houdini

NES Member
I took a fly fishing vest an adapted for a trauma vest.I got it big so I can put it over a winter coat. What I have in it is.
Knife
Pad of paper
Pen pencil and magic marker
Tourniquet
Red hazard bag
Gloves
Scissors
Breathing mask
Emergency blanket
Israel bandage
Rap gauze lg
Self adhering wrap sm lg
Head lamp extra battery
Whistle
Small gauze wraps
Gauze pads sm me lg
Finger splint
Quick clot
Duck tap
Chest seal
Trash bags
Sling
Lg gauze rap
Swat it stretch and tuck technique
Tape
Finger technique

..... mmmm-ok, so...... do you wear that out, and drive around looking for emergencies?

(sorry, maybe I'm ignorant. I do have a full trauma kit that I keep in my truck.... but, just not seeing the point of a vest setup)

Last edited:
I think that you're either Breaking Guild Rules, or trying to put these guys out of business:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMo3rvYKRWI

I applaud preparedness, but how often do you find yourself in need of anything beyond duct tape and gauze?

Now, that said, where's the Narcan, EpiPen, Benadryl, Tylenon, Motrin and aspirin? Oh, and a bottle of water to chug above?

I think that you're either Breaking Guild Rules, or trying to put these guys out of business:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMo3rvYKRWI

I applaud preparedness, but how often do you find yourself in need of anything beyond duct tape and gauze?

Now, that said, where's the Narcan, EpiPen, Benadryl, Tylenon, Motrin and aspirin? Oh, and a bottle of water to chug above?

I mean if you are going to go that far might as well get your sterile saline bottle, maybe a few bags of saline for IV fluid, some IV start kits, decompression needles, maybe a third hand cardiac monitor?

This is my trauma vest. My mom made me wear it in 4th grade.

il_570xN.1705920809_2jhq.jpg

Soooo much trauma. I'm off to drink a bottle of Jack and shelter in place.

When I was a Army Combat Medic I had all that stuff in an aid bag.
I can see how having it all easily accessible in a vest could be useful if I was providing medical support in a live fire training environment but not actually participating in the training.

I took a fly fishing vest an adapted for a trauma vest.I got it big so I can put it over a winter coat. What I have in it is.
Knife
Pad of paper
Pen pencil and magic marker
Tourniquet
Red hazard bag
Gloves
Scissors
Breathing mask
Emergency blanket
Israel bandage
Rap gauze lg
Self adhering wrap sm lg
Head lamp extra battery
Whistle
Small gauze wraps
Gauze pads sm me lg
Finger splint
Quick clot
Duck tap
Chest seal
Trash bags
Sling
Lg gauze rap
Swat it stretch and tuck technique
Tape
Finger technique

Who Are You? Do you identify as an ambulance?

If this vest is in lieu of a bag or backpack, then it’s actually not a bad idea. I can see folding it up and keeping it in your truck, unraveling it and getting easy access to everything as useful.

I’m gonna give OP the benefit of the doubt that it’s not something you wear out and about like I wear my CCW sash everywhere I go.

The comments are pretty funny in this thread, though. F-ing fondue set [rofl]

263E6829-19E6-4144-98F8-6A33930DB0EB.png FEC8D1B3-781C-44CB-BA0A-2B6CF774188B.png Either of these would be more practical.... I have the rescue essentials one , it came with stuff.. tourniquet is good and I added a chest seal and decomposition needs..

Creative idea. If it is conveniently stowable, and easily/quickly donnable then I could see it I guess.

The one item that seems a bit extrameous (to me) is the finger splint. A finger splint level injury strikes me as more of a boo-boo than a trauma situation. Maybe swap that out for an eye injury kit, or some basic meds like benadryl or asprin that could help in am emergency?

I have to admit, there are some funny comments in here, but truth be told, if you know how to use the sh!t, IDGAF if you put it all in a clown suit, I respect you at least trying to be prepared. Hell, even if you don’t know how to use it, maybe someone more knowledgable around you can make good use of the supplies in an emergency (though a vest might not be best in that situation...).

I doubt even 10% of people have so much as a bandaid in their vehicle, and probably not much more than a box of thosr at home. Keep it up.

He got like 20 harmonica’s in that vest? Dude can play the shit out of one of thise things...

Yeah, sure can. Blues Traveler has some tour dates this Spring in Mass and NH...

Back
Top Bottom