• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Recommend a trauma kit

Took the class today. Learned a ton. Glad I did it. Chris our instructor had a lot of great info to share and a very fitting sense of humor. It is something I'd like to take again as there is so much info it;s hard to take it all in. Still not sure what kit to purchase as nothing seems to have everything I think I'd want in one. Defiantly have a better idea.

On a different note Cape Gun Works is a very nice store. They had a lot of nice toys in there.

Wasn't sure where to put this so I figured this would get the most exposure. After a few years of living off my friends memberships I'm going to be joining a club. Means more shooting in my future and being around more shooters. I'd like to have a trauma kit on hand just in case. I don't want to have to rely on others. I currently have a Blue Force gear kit but that is for home. I'm happy with it I suppose. Never had to use it and I really don't want to use it.

I'm looking for something to bring with me to bring with me to the range. If the BFG is where it's at then I'll just get another one. I am looking for recommendations. Obviously I am no medical professional since I'm asking about such things. I don't mind spending money on quality stuff but I also just don't want to throw money out there because something has a nice new color this year. What kits are we all feeling good about?

I would also be interested in a class in using such things.
Make your own.

Make your own.
Ya looks like that is what I'll be doing. I can't seem to find a kit that has everything I'm looking for that isn't big money and includes a number of things I will probably never use.

I think I am going to start here since it has a lot of what I am looking for and then I'll just fill in the gaps around it.

Ya looks like that is what I'll be doing. I can't seem to find a kit that has everything I'm looking for that isn't big money and includes a number of things I will probably never use.

I think I am going to start here since it has a lot of what I am looking for and then I'll just fill in the gaps around it.

Check out this, as well:

I'd add a SWAT-T to that kit.

Well yes. You are correct. In the moment low light multiple gsw. Trying to cut clothes off assess wounds. In the middle of dinner time. It's like please shut the f&$# up. Dench would understand.
The bolded just triggered a funny old memory. I had to lay my bike down one night at work to avoid t-boning some assmunch in an intersection.

I ended up unconscious in the road but was spared from breaking anything. So I’m back-boarded in the whambulance, awake and semi-alert and trying to feel around my own body for any protruding bones or heavy bleeding.

My LT was in the back with me now talking with EMS. First thing I said was ‘Lou don’t let them cut my boots. (Ems cuts everything) I don’t care if it hurts just use the zipper and f***ing pull ‘em off.’

Then all of a sudden I feel something long and hard protruding from right between my legs and groin area. So I freak out a little and start yelling “Get it out! Get it out!” “What the f*** is that?!”

Lou and EMS are like ‘what?? What hurts??’
I said ‘there’s something sticking out of my ass!’

My LT reaches down and gives a couple of tugs (no pun intended lol) and he pulls my old leather sap out.

Of my back pocket.

Which had flipped itself upside down or inside out from concrete friction while I was rolling across the intersection. I was like ‘oh f*** thank God dude. Get me TF out of here’. [rofl]

F7C0087C-BA63-4812-91B0-38BF4AD681C0.gif

Back
Top Bottom