Transfer wait times?

I don't know any FFLs who won't proceed after 3 days, absent some other factor that gives them pause. And having been an FFL I can tell you that having asked an ATF Inspector specifically about this, the guidance I received was not threatening in the least. (No, well its your respnsibility of something bad happens) The processes a FFL must follow are very clear. Follow the process and you are clean. Cut corners and you will have a problem.

I was not specifically talking about NH. After Sandy Hook Maryland had a 6 week delay to just RUN the NICS check. It happens. I wasn't specifically talking about NH.

IIRC there are some box stores that won't do it, but if someone is buying from a box store they deserve whatever self punishment they get. When someone tells me they buy a gun from a box store or puds, I think of those people in the middle east who flog themselves with chains or whatever till they get bloody. Except in the US, instead of a durka snackbar, its a skinflint flogging themselves with a flail made out of pennies that are strung together with music wire or something.

The other thing that has been happening lately according to some dealers I talked to, is there are a lot of NICS checks that go into delayed/resarch and never get resolved. So basically anyone with a full blown delay is getting f***ed unless the dealer does a default proceed after 3 days. At this point I literally would refuse to buy any guns from a shop that doesn't do a default
proceed, especially if someone has a known delay problem.

The law is the law. The law says you can proceed after 3 business days. (ATF business days - Mon-Fri and the days don't count if a mid week day is a holiday)

Follow the law and you are fine.

12ish years ago when the Cabelas in East Hartford opened up I went up there excited to actually be able to try on hunting clothes before buying. I got some great stuff and wandered over to the gun counter to look while they were hemming some pants for me. There were people holding tickets with a big number board, like at the Deli counter at Stop and Shop.

Ha. Never ever ever ever, I thought to myself.

Been waiting a week now on a delayed NH pistol check. Anyone else wait that long this month?

Wondering if and who I should call. I never had any problems with many NICS checks in the past.

Been waiting a week now on a delayed NH pistol check. Anyone else wait that long this month?

Wondering if and who I should call. I never had any problems with many NICS checks in the past.

Never, to me sounds like something is wrong.

I would poke the shop first, make sure it really hasn't come back or that they think its on par with current performance, then if it still seems wrong call here:

Myself the one time this happened to me (not an actual week) I called a lawyer, who contacted them, was not expensive and seemed to free things up instantly, but probably was not needed and I could've reached out myself or just waited a little for the same result.

Well I was letting this go, but since it's come back up....

After the last go round about the useless nature of the NH checks, and the opposing view about how much better it was than just using the Fed system. I filed an information request with the NH SPD to get the numbers and information on their process directly from them.
This may come as a shocker, but all they do is file a NICS check, exactly the same as the FFL would if we used the Fed system. The only difference is, while the Fed system has a deadline for providing a response, NH does not.

And in the event their NICS check comes back Denied, the process, from them, is for the applicant to follow the Fed process for appeal. The ONLY time this does not apply is when they screw up and enter the wrong information into the Fed system. This happened 18 time in 2019, its what they call "Amended Denials". When they initially sent the stats, they didn't say what those were, it took a couple more emails but they did explain it.

What it comes down to is the ONLY way a NH denial becomes an approval without a Fed appeal is if they are the source of the mistake when they are putting your info into the Fed system.

Eliminate the NH system and those mistakes don't happen, those 18 who were wrongly denied wouldn't have been, and @teamRR would not have had to pay a lawyer..... which he probably didn't need to anyway.

Total Calls 53,010
Approvals 52,059
Delays 1,420
Remain Delay 365
Denials 589
Instant Denials 386
Delay/Denial w/ Transfer24
Amended Denials 18
These definitions are from when they used to do their own research, they stopped that when the Fed system went on-line.
Approvals: Background checks submitted by a Federal Firearms Licensee (gun dealer) which result in either an instant approval or a subsequent approval after research is conducted.
Delays: Backgrounds check requests that cannot be categorized an approval or denial without additional research.
Instant Denials: Denials when no research is needed after a background check.
Denials: Background checks submitted by a Federal Firearm Licensee that result in either an instant denial or a subsequent denial after research is conducted.
Amended Denials: Background checks that initially result in a denial, but then are reversed, based on new information received at the state level. This is a correction process to remove a subject from denial status when appropriate. It is not an appeal.
Delay/Denial with Transfer: After a delay resulting in a firearm transfer by a Federal Firearms Licensee, it is determined the permit should have been denied. The ATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives) is notified and is responsible for the process of retrieving the firearm.

I have the data for 2017 and 2018 as well. And some data for 2020 like this
March 2020 total requests 11930. Compared to March 2019 at 5670. Covid drove some serious sales.

Well I was letting this go, but since it's come back up....

After the last go round about the useless nature of the NH checks, and the opposing view about how much better it was than just using the Fed system. I filed an information request with the NH SPD to get the numbers and information on their process directly from them.
This may come as a shocker, but all they do is file a NICS check, exactly the same as the FFL would if we used the Fed system. The only difference is, while the Fed system has a deadline for providing a response, NH does not.

And in the event their NICS check comes back Denied, the process, from them, is for the applicant to follow the Fed process for appeal. The ONLY time this does not apply is when they screw up and enter the wrong information into the Fed system. This happened 18 time in 2019, its what they call "Amended Denials". When they initially sent the stats, they didn't say what those were, it took a couple more emails but they did explain it.

What it comes down to is the ONLY way a NH denial becomes an approval without a Fed appeal is if they are the source of the mistake when they are putting your info into the Fed system.

Eliminate the NH system and those mistakes don't happen, those 18 who were wrongly denied wouldn't have been, and @teamRR would not have had to pay a lawyer..... which he probably didn't need to anyway.

Total Calls 53,010
Approvals 52,059
Delays 1,420
Remain Delay 365
Denials 589
Instant Denials 386
Delay/Denial w/ Transfer24
Amended Denials 18
These definitions are from when they used to do their own research, they stopped that when the Fed system went on-line.
Approvals: Background checks submitted by a Federal Firearms Licensee (gun dealer) which result in either an instant approval or a subsequent approval after research is conducted.
Delays: Backgrounds check requests that cannot be categorized an approval or denial without additional research.
Instant Denials: Denials when no research is needed after a background check.
Denials: Background checks submitted by a Federal Firearm Licensee that result in either an instant denial or a subsequent denial after research is conducted.
Amended Denials: Background checks that initially result in a denial, but then are reversed, based on new information received at the state level. This is a correction process to remove a subject from denial status when appropriate. It is not an appeal.
Delay/Denial with Transfer: After a delay resulting in a firearm transfer by a Federal Firearms Licensee, it is determined the permit should have been denied. The ATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives) is notified and is responsible for the process of retrieving the firearm.

I have the data for 2017 and 2018 as well. And some data for 2020 like this
March 2020 total requests 11930. Compared to March 2019 at 5670. Covid drove some serious sales.

Generally I think that's good information but it does not explain why certain people are able to pass NH checks & not fed checks.

And if the source of the problem is NH, which its going to be with most NH residents, its a whole lot easier to solve that problem in person, with a lawyer if you want, at the state police, versus filling fingerprints and waiting for an indeterminate amount of time that could be a year for the feds to come around.. similarly if you get denied in NH you are also going to find out why with a whole lot less process than the feds (again, no fingerprints, just ask & recieve).

Generally I think that's good information but it does not explain why certain people are able to pass NH checks & not fed checks.

And if the source of the problem is NH, which its going to be with most NH residents, its a whole lot easier to solve that problem in person, with a lawyer if you want, at the state police, versus filling fingerprints and waiting for an indeterminate amount of time that could be a year for the feds to come around.. similarly if you get denied in NH you are also going to find out why with a whole lot less process than the feds (again, no fingerprints, just ask & recieve).
All I can tell you is that those who do the NH checks told me all they do is type it into NICS, and if that gets a deny the applicant has to follow the Fed process. The only exception is if they screw up, and all they are doing is entering the applicant's information.

I've never heard a first hand account of someone being denied on a Fed check at an FFL and getting a pass on the NH check at the same time. The only way this could even come up would be buying a rifle and handgun at the same time. I've done this but it does lower the pool of people it could happen too.

If anyone has ever been in this situation please speak up, or PM me, I'd love to hear it first hand. But keep in mind, even one day later could mean a change in a database so to be a conclusive example it would have to be at least the same day.

Just as an added data point.

I called the NH gun line number and left a message. Their site says you should receive a call back on the next business day. They never called back.

Going on 11 days now since the NICS check was delayed.
15 days since the store called in the initial check.

Store basically said just keep waiting, we'll call you when we hear back.

Some folks actually get a proceed vis the state poc but a denied via feds - basically NH does it better (even when mistakes are made they fix them without fingerprints and months of waiting/red-tape).

How does NH override the Fed denial if they are using the same databases, but are separate checks?

Separately, I wish I had known about the baked in waiting period for purchases before signing a lease there. So much for the Live Free part.

How does NH override the Fed denial if they are using the same databases, but are separate checks?

Separately, I wish I had known about the baked in waiting period for purchases before signing a lease there. So much for the Live Free part.

There is something a little different that goes on in between the lines somewhere from how its being explained. I don't know what it is but people have had problems both ways, with NH and not feds, with feds not NH.

Have personally read a response from NH explaining they corrected erroneous information in my case that indicated they are doing more than advertised.

Also doesn't add up that simply submitting checks in NH would get them so backed up. If they were only parroting information you shouldn't see a 10 day wait.

In the heat of the buying craze I was basically putting in my form late afternoon on a Friday and picking up Saturday afternoon. Did that 2x and in February picked up something at Sig that took 10 minutes maybe and that's typical. The only long wait I ever had was that one time I called a lawyer and I would do the same again in such an event.

Seems like something is wrong in your situation, I bet you would really like to know what.

There is something a little different that goes on in between the lines somewhere from how its being explained. I don't know what it is but people have had problems both ways, with NH and not feds, with feds not NH.

Have personally read a response from NH explaining they corrected erroneous information in my case that indicated they are doing more than advertised.

Also doesn't add up that simply submitting checks in NH would get them so backed up. If they were only parroting information you shouldn't see a 10 day wait.

In the heat of the buying craze I was basically putting in my form late afternoon on a Friday and picking up Saturday afternoon. Did that 2x and in February picked up something at Sig that took 10 minutes maybe and that's typical. The only long wait I ever had was that one time I called a lawyer and I would do the same again in such an event.

Seems like something is wrong in your situation, I bet you would really like to know what.

it isn’t me that is waiting. I’m just quoting what I have read in this thread.

even the 24 hour waiting period is too much and is a denial of rights. Not to mention a waste of gas and time. Unsat

it isn’t me that is waiting. I’m just quoting what I have read in this thread.

even the 24 hour waiting period is too much and is a denial of rights. Not to mention a waste of gas and time. Unsat

To be clear I don't believe in background checks at all, the whole process is an infringement.

One of my biggest problems with the system in general is they specifically hide our own information and make it extremely difficult to use the courts when decisions are questioned. You and I can can't just go check NICS like we could our credit report or state records, they specifically hide the system from citizens. If we disagree we can't just request a hearing and get in front of a judge, we have to attempt to work it out with some faceless remote government agency.

A better system would actually be that anyone who gets a denial is brought into a hearing at a local federal court, either charges are pressed or the background check is reversed and records are corrected. Most of the denials are probably errors in records, identity, or interpretation of what a record means. There are some dumb criminals but very few felons are walking into an FFL to buy their guns.

As explained by them to me first hand, they can't. If the Fed check they run come back denied the process is for the applicant to appeal the denial directly with the Feds using the established Fed process, the NH people are just messengers.
The eroniuse information was them entering it incorrectly into the NICS check. It would be one of the "Amended Denials" I listed previously. This is the only type of error they are capable of correcting, one they themselves created.
Waits got really long in March, that's when thing went crazy
1597543792239.png
The volume doubled. And they are recording it in their database when it's called in, and then entering it into NICS. It's a manual process, no linked databases, this is where their "correctable" errors occur. And it's why a jump in local volume has such a dramatic affect, they have a small number of people doing data entry, and being gov employees they are expected to only do so many per day. So assuming they aren't sitting around with nothing to do 50% of the time, and they have the desire to crank up production, they would fall behind 1 day for every day that the volume doubles. Look at the numbers, it's no wonder they fell behind. I got these numbers from them in the beginning of April, so no numbers after March.

On the other hand, the Fed system has vastly more resources, both people and tech, so an increase has a far lower impact.

The NH check is nothing but a waste of tax payer money and a source of mistakes and delays.

The eroniuse information was them entering it incorrectly into the NICS check. It would be one of the "Amended Denials" I listed previously. This is the only type of error they are capable of correcting, one they themselves created.

No, was not a denial, was the same situation as was the recent poster describes, difference is instead of waiting I got a lawyer involved. Then nearly immediately a proceed came in along with an explanation (without details) that they corrected records.

I don't think you have the system 100% understood, regardless of what you were told things do not work consistently with how you are describing them.

Even reading the published NH gun line appeals process they provide, it is different from the feds - at a minimum you can find out why a denial occurred without sending forms & fingerprints, which is a major difference.

I attempted to have you contact a lawyer who deals with this stuff but you refused. That particular person (who is a big gun rights person) has gotten up and made a case for why the NH system is important.

Last edited:
No, was not a denial, was the same situation as was the recent poster describes, difference is instead of waiting I got a lawyer involved. Then nearly immediately a proceed came in along with an explanation (without details) that they corrected records.

I don't think you have the system 100% understood, regardless of what you were told things do not work consistently with how you are describing them.

Even reading the published NH gun line appeals process they provide, it is different from the feds - at a minimum you can find out why a denial occurred without sending forms & fingerprints, which is a major difference.

I attempted to have you contact a lawyer who deals with this stuff but you refused. That particular person (who is a big gun rights person) has gotten up and made a case for why the NH system is important.
OK so not a denial, they just sat on it or misplaced it, whatever, would not have happened if it wasn't for them, still their screwup. Of course with no deadline and no default proceed they can do that without repercussions, not even a you F'd up entry in their file.

I contacted those processing the checks DIRECTLY. You are living in denial because you paid for something you didn't need to and can't accept the reality of the situation. It's called cognitive dissonance.

OK so not a denial, they just sat on it or misplaced it, whatever, would not have happened if it wasn't for them, still their screwup. Of course with no deadline and no default proceed they can do that without repercussions, not even a you F'd up entry in their file.

I contacted those processing the checks DIRECTLY. You are living in denial because you paid for something you didn't need to and can't accept the reality of the situation. It's called cognitive dissonance.

I could care less about the $100 it cost me to expedite breaking my small pile of guns out (when I buy its usually an order of various things at once). In that situation if it was a fed delay I would not have been any better because like many places now, the FFL doesn't transfer on default proceed. Feds do the same thing except with them there isn't a damn thing you can do except send fingerprints and wait.

That lawyer I pointed you to actually does end up going to the state police with clients and detangling background check problems. When the state has considered removing this practice of performing background checks she has fought against it because it removes the only reasonable option to work through such problems.

Whatever you were told it is not 100% correct, some pieces are missing - an obvious one is NH will provide the reason for a denial quickly & personally, feds won't.

I could care less about the $100 it cost me to expedite breaking my small pile of guns out (when I buy its usually an order of various things at once). In that situation if it was a fed delay I would not have been any better because like many places now, the FFL doesn't transfer on default proceed. Feds do the same thing except with them there isn't a damn thing you can do except send fingerprints and wait.

That lawyer I pointed you to actually does end up going to the state police with clients and detangling background check problems. When the state has considered removing this practice of performing background checks she has fought against it because it removes the only reasonable option to work through such problems.

Whatever you were told it is not 100% correct, some pieces are missing - an obvious one is NH will provide the reason for a denial quickly & personally, feds won't.
So your lawyer friend fights to maintain a system they earns her money, no reason to question that.

Hmmm "an obvious one is NH will provide the reason for a denial quickly & personally" but you keep saying they didn't provide any details on why you were delayed? Only that they corrected it. That sure doesn't fit with your claim that they provide a reason. Sounds like they screwed up, fixed it, and didn't have to admit to you that it was all them to begin with. And being treated like a mushroom only cost you $100, good for you.

And you really need to learn how these systems work, the average data entry person can't change criminal history records, that involves the original submitting agency. And they can't just say they are going to ignore something that comes up, they have to see it corrected or it's their ass on the line. What they can do is correct the information they themselves enter when submitting a check, that's your information. So if NICS kicks back a denial, they can enter different identifying information (because they screwed up), or it has to be corrected on the Fed level. The local people don't have the discretionary authority to just ignore a Fed denial. So AGAIN, the only thing they can correct is when they themselves create the error.

So your lawyer friend fights to maintain a system they earns her money, no reason to question that.

Hmmm "an obvious one is NH will provide the reason for a denial quickly & personally" but you keep saying they didn't provide any details on why you were delayed? Only that they corrected it. That sure doesn't fit with your claim that they provide a reason. Sounds like they screwed up, fixed it, and didn't have to admit to you that it was all them to begin with. And being treated like a mushroom only cost you $100, good for you.

And you really need to learn how these systems work, the average data entry person can't change criminal history records, that involves the original submitting agency. And they can't just say they are going to ignore something that comes up, they have to see it corrected or it's their ass on the line. What they can do is correct the information they themselves enter when submitting a check, that's your information. So if NICS kicks back a denial, they can enter different identifying information (because they screwed up), or it has to be corrected on the Fed level. The local people don't have the discretionary authority to just ignore a Fed denial. So AGAIN, the only thing they can correct is when they themselves create the error.

I didn't need to know why because there wasn't a denial, big difference. Had it had been a denial I would have been given that information, to either correct or contest.

When you go meet with someone at the state police its not the paper pusher, its those in charge - big difference.

For a typical NH resident the problem that will arise is mistaken identity or confusion over NH criminal records - either can likely be solved in NH when one is sitting with the state police.

I didn't need to know why because there wasn't a denial, big difference. Had it had been a denial I would have been given that information, to either correct or contest.

When you go meet with someone at the state police its not the paper pusher, its those in charge - big difference.

For a typical NH resident the problem that will arise is mistaken identity or confusion over NH criminal records - either can likely be solved in NH when one is sitting with the state police.
Except the denials come through the fed system so it has to be correct there.

And you only have "I heard someplace" information and NO personal experience, or direct information from those very people you claim can correct problems. I have direct information from them and work with the systems that do checks daily. The state police can't just change a record submitted by a court, and they can't just ignore or change the results of a NICS check. These things have to go all the way back to the originating agency and then be fed back up through to the Fed database. These is no magic, it's a process. And elefimating points of possible mistakes is always better. In this case it's the repeated manual entry of information, first to the NH check, then them putting it into NICS.

Except the denials come through the fed system so it has to be correct there.

And you only have "I heard someplace" information and NO personal experience, or direct information from those very people you claim can correct problems. I have direct information from them and work with the systems that do checks daily. The state police can't just change a record submitted by a court, and they can't just ignore or change the results of a NICS check. These things have to go all the way back to the originating agency and then be fed back up through to the Fed database. These is no magic, it's a process. And elefimating points of possible mistakes is always better. In this case it's the repeated manual entry of information, first to the NH check, then them putting it into NICS.

If the originating agency for records is NH then NH can fix it (which if what you are saying is correct might not mean over turning the original decision but just getting records corrected then performing a new check).

And I am not saying "I heard someplace" I am saying, I have personally spoken with a lawyer involved with this stuff, who I tried to get you to speak with, but you refuse.

Also am aware of one NH person personally who walked out of a store with a pistol, went back in an hour later or something to get a rifle he decided he just had to have, and received a denial. Something went different in that NH & fed check, don't know what, if/how he resolved it (was involved in the ridiculous fed appeals process last I spoke with him), but I believe the guy in that he was not a PP.

If the originating agency for records is NH then NH can fix it (which if what you are saying is correct might not mean over turning the original decision but just getting records corrected then performing a new check).
You really don't know how this stuff works. The "Originating Agency" is not NH. It's not even the state pd or even the department doing the check. The originating agency for a criminal record is the Court and even if this is in NH it could be any one of the county courts. And you're missing the point, or intentionally ignoring it, the denial comes through NICS, no way they are going to override that denial and put their own head on the block, and they have made it clear that a NICS denial must be appealed through the Fed process.

And why would I ask a third party for their OPINION, when I've gotten information directly from those processing the checks? Why don't you contact the state?

Hear is the quoted statement from their lawyer.
This is the question I asked "And there are two statistics I was particularly interested in that are not included, that being the number of denials that were appealed and of those the number that resulted in the denial being reversed. Please provide this information or explain why it is not available."

And the response from Heidi Barba Staff Counsel NH Department of Safety
"I will start with the two statistics you are most interested in regarding denied appeals. We do not handle appeals at the state level, therefore this is not a statistic we maintain. All appeals are handled at the federal level by FBI/NICS."

This should put an end to this discussion, unless you have direct quotes from the NH DOS to support your position.

You really don't know how this stuff works. The "Originating Agency" is not NH. It's not even the state pd or even the department doing the check. The originating agency for a criminal record is the Court and even if this is in NH it could be any one of the county courts. And you're missing the point, or intentionally ignoring it, the denial comes through NICS, no way they are going to override that denial and put their own head on the block, and they have made it clear that a NICS denial must be appealed through the Fed process.

And why would I ask a third party for their OPINION, when I've gotten information directly from those processing the checks? Why don't you contact the state?

Hear is the quoted statement from their lawyer.
This is the question I asked "And there are two statistics I was particularly interested in that are not included, that being the number of denials that were appealed and of those the number that resulted in the denial being reversed. Please provide this information or explain why it is not available."

And the response from Heidi Barba Staff Counsel NH Department of Safety
"I will start with the two statistics you are most interested in regarding denied appeals. We do not handle appeals at the state level, therefore this is not a statistic we maintain. All appeals are handled at the federal level by FBI/NICS."

This should put an end to this discussion, unless you have direct quotes from the NH DOS to support your position.

The reason you would discuss this with a 3rd party is she can explain what methods are available for relief when someone gets an erroneous NH POC decision. She has actually been involved with it, we haven't.

You are missing the point - even if what you say is true (and again I think there are details missing here, I really do not believe that NH won't help when NH information is there but is being interpreted wrongly by the feds), the state need not actually reverse the denial to help someone get through NICS bullshit. Plenty of people have a problem, resolve the issue (ie maybe annul a misdemeanor that wasn't prohibiting but was wrongly interrupted by the feds) then go and buy a gun, no appeal needed, no forms or fingerprints to figure this out in NH.

Look at the difference in process:

Hand Gun/”other” DENIALS: The Division of State Police is responsible for conducting criminal background checks for handgun and “other” purchases only. If you were denied a handgun or “other” purchase, a letter will be sent out to your home address, explaining the reason for denial. Please give at least two weeks for this letter to be delivered. If further clarification is needed, please contact the GUN LINE DENIAL # at 603-223-3873 x 4 at which time you will be prompted to leave a message. A return call will be returned no later than the next business day. If needed, an appointment to review your denial will be set up with one of our staff members at that time.PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THE COUNTER WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT.

Long Gun Denials: If you were denied a rifle/long gun purchase, the Division of State Police WILL NOT be able to assist you with your denial. All long gun transactions are processed by the FBI NICS. You will need to acquire your NTN from the firearms dealer you attempted to purchase at and submit your appeal request to the FBI NICS Appeals Unit. For further information on the FBI NICS Appeals Unit please visit Firearm-Related Challenge (Appeal) and Voluntary Appeal File (VAF).

The reason you would discuss this with a 3rd party is she can explain what methods are available for relief when someone gets an erroneous NH POC decision. She has actually been involved with it, we haven't.

You are missing the point - even if what you say is true (and again I think there are details missing here, I really do not believe that NH won't help when NH information is there but is being interpreted wrongly by the feds), the state need not actually reverse the denial to help someone get through NICS bullshit. Plenty of people have a problem, resolve the issue (ie maybe annul a misdemeanor that wasn't prohibiting but was wrongly interrupted by the feds) then go and buy a gun, no appeal needed, no forms or fingerprints to figure this out in NH.

Look at the difference in process:

Hand Gun/”other” DENIALS: The Division of State Police is responsible for conducting criminal background checks for handgun and “other” purchases only. If you were denied a handgun or “other” purchase, a letter will be sent out to your home address, explaining the reason for denial. Please give at least two weeks for this letter to be delivered. If further clarification is needed, please contact the GUN LINE DENIAL # at 603-223-3873 x 4 at which time you will be prompted to leave a message. A return call will be returned no later than the next business day. If needed, an appointment to review your denial will be set up with one of our staff members at that time.PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THE COUNTER WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT.

Long Gun Denials: If you were denied a rifle/long gun purchase, the Division of State Police WILL NOT be able to assist you with your denial. All long gun transactions are processed by the FBI NICS. You will need to acquire your NTN from the firearms dealer you attempted to purchase at and submit your appeal request to the FBI NICS Appeals Unit. For further information on the FBI NICS Appeals Unit please visit Firearm-Related Challenge (Appeal) and Voluntary Appeal File (VAF).
So NH will fix it if they put in the wrong info and you pay for this (taxes and lawyer) and you say this makes them GOOD, as opposed to them not being involved and not making the mistake to begin with.

And that they will tell you you've been denied (at some point since they have no deadline), why, and that now you have to pursue it through the Feds, makes them great. [laugh]

They are unnecessary middlemen that cost the taxpayers, introduce potential mistakes, and cause unnecessary delays.

And I give you a direct quote, with context, and the source, but you refuse to accept the accuracy of the statement, true cognitive dissonance.

But, please, post a quote with context from your 3rd party source, with her name...... I'm waiting......... What? is she unwilling to go on record? You say I should call her, well she's YOUR source, you get her quote.

Back
Top Bottom