• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Transfer question

1903Collector

NES Member
I am at my yearly limit on personal transfers. do transfers between C&R licensees count towards that. In other words I am selling a bunch of milsurps that I aquired with my C&R, could I sell them to another C&R holder in the state without violating the four per year transfer rule. My inclination is yes, but I am not sure. Anyone have any advice on this. Sorry if this has been asked before...Thanks

03C

I have to admit that I am not 100% certain about this.

I'm sure that EOPS/CHSB would tell you "no", but I am not certain what a wizened reading of MGL would determine.

I *thought* that since MA does not recognize a C&R, a C&R->C&R transfer is identical to a private transfer, so it counts towards the 4/year limit.

I always assume that under MGL, a C&R is equivalent to a piece of Charmin.

Is a C&R referenced anywhere in MGL?

-Gary

I *thought* that since MA does not recognize a C&R, a C&R->C&R transfer is identical to a private transfer, so it counts towards the 4/year limit.

No. Your "Charmin" assessment is correct.

-Gary

If it's being sold out of state the MGL laws don't apply. If it's being sold to you from out of state then they do apply. You can still get them shipped to your door so they are worth more than Charmin. :)

Back
Top Bottom