• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trail camera thread. Post ur trail camera photos.

Of course the one Saturday you have to work in the month...

IMG_1035.jpg IMG_1039.jpg

Of course there is buck buzzing (unable to count points) around at all hours of the night too. Haven't seen the 8 pointer from a few weeks ago, but one can hold out hope that he is still around.

Yeah, I would have loved to catch someone in the act of stealing mine. I'm going to research wireless cams- need 500 foot range, night capability, prefer pics over video. If not camo, I can cover w/ a skin.

I've snagged a few pics of the neighbor kid, other neighbors, and a surveyor cutting across my property. Pretty sure it was not one of them- I think it was one of the stupid fudds that park on my street to head into the woods. One was hunting today (Sunday [rolleyes] ), so not exactly law abiding citizens.

Since I am out of the trail cam action for a while, for your entertainment here's a pic from last winter of some young white tail and a very old buck traversing across the back 40:

white tail.jpg

[laugh2]

Last edited:
Had two game cameras stolen from me in Belchertown, MA in the past two seasons. Guess I need better hiding spots. Also, both were locked so some effort was put in to get the camera.

Yeah, I would have loved to catch someone in the act of stealing mine. I'm going to research wireless cams- need 500 foot range, night capability, prefer pics over video. If not camo, I can cover w/ a skin.
There's [thread=296124]an active thread for that[/thread], here's a sample from tonight captured by a Moultrie 880 with Eye-Fi card. The wireless range with the Eye-Fi SD card is quite short, not even close to 500 feet:
2ikfcav.jpg

The cellular based wireless game cameras are expensive, so when one does go missing it hurts that much more.

Spypoint has a proprietary wireless system that sends copies of pictures from their "tiny" series game cameras ($200+) to a "blackbox-d" receiver, they claim a 500' range.

I hope this isn't a dupe... I mean to post it to this thread when I saw it on FB, but you know how good intentions go...

This is a trailcam pic from a buddy who hunts in Arkansas. We first met when I was 7 and he was 3, and I never saw him again until 20 years later when we wound up starting at the same job, two weeks apart. Over the years we figured out our mutual connections, and then, "Wait... were you that snotty-nosed little brother?"

Yep.

Anyhoo, he's been catching this guy on camera for 4 years, but only at night. Southern deer are small, but this guy is massive, aside from the impressive 15 point rack.

15jpt.jpg

ww
Anyhoo, he's been catching this guy on camera for 4 years, but only at night. Southern deer are small, but this guy is massive, aside from the impressive 15 point rack.

View attachment 152267

Years ago saw one like that in a corn field near the Saturn plant, Spring Hill TN. Yep, normally deer in the South are smaller. First time I saw some here they looked like horses by comparison.

New cam locked to tree, higher up. Nothing but my dogs so far. Heavy hunting pressure in my area this year.

Does anyone use these for security on their land?

A good friend just bought a house with 30 acres of woods and wants to put a couple up.

Which ones are good? Night vision ? Video or just image feed?

Thanks for the help.

my buddy put a couple of trail cams out on his property about 7 months ago, pretty interesting images of wild life. it started as a "lets see whats out there" project. another one is going in soon near the chickens to see why they are disappearing every once in a while. don't know what he uses for cameras but they were not a lot of money from wal-mart and work quite well.

If they're alkalines, cold weather can reduce their life. Try NiHms or lithium AAs if you weren't already. Walmart used to have the advanced lithium AAs for like $6.50 per 4 pack.

As point of reference I run regular Duracell or energizer AA's in Covert MP6 cameras. Started 5 cameras with fresh batteries in July. Only had to change one so far. I left a camera in the woods after season last year and picked it up in April expecting the batteries to be dead but nope my daughter and I were on camera picking it up.

I have had cameras that would chew through batteries in 2 weeks or less as well. Been doing the cam thing with a few different camera brands for the last 10+ years. The point is, if the camera is chewing through batteries I wouldn't look to the batteries as the first choice of the cause of the issue.

My hunting partner checked camera and found these this morning..., from this morning. [crying]

- - - Updated - - -

Attachments

• IMG_0720.jpg
    IMG_0720.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0719.jpg
    IMG_0719.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0715.jpg
    IMG_0715.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I just got a semi! Tha's a biggun! Is that am or pm?

yesterday was a good day to go out because of the cold/crisp weather...some effin fudd took a shot a few hundred yards away from my stand and MISSED the doe he was shooting at. He also scared away anything for a mile, and woke up the entire neighborhood (i know because my dad called me). i haven't had one in my sights yet, but i can say for sure that i'm not taking a shot if i think i'm going to miss.

My hunting partner checked camera and found these this morning..., from this morning. [crying]

- - - Updated - - -

Back
Top Bottom