Trail camera thread. Post ur trail camera photos.

That'd be proper management :), however, if somebody is going to shoot him this year, might as well be you.
Well considering we're hunting my property for the first time, and I suspect the hunting pressure in my area is low (I think we've seen this buck the past 3 years), it is an option. Heck it might even happen naturally if we never see him during daylight hours.

Well considering we're hunting my property for the first time, and I suspect the hunting pressure in my area is low (I think we've seen this buck the past 3 years), it is an option. Heck it might even happen naturally if we never see him during daylight hours.

If you have enough land you could put out a couple food plots and start managing the herd. If you do get a shot at him, he'd definitely be a deer to be proud of, real nice buck. Hard telling what another year or two would do to the rack, might have more points, or mass but the shape will be similar. I've only seen 3-4 deer that nice hunting in 18 years, shot one 2 years ago.

If you have enough land you could put out a couple food plots and start managing the herd. If you do get a shot at him, he'd definitely be a deer to be proud of, real nice buck. Hard telling what another year or two would do to the rack, might have more points, or mass but the shape will be similar. I've only seen 3-4 deer that nice hunting in 18 years, shot one 2 years ago.
Problem is...it's acreage yes (~6), but mostly wetland/swampy with some dry areas around the edges. I tried to do some micro-plots; failed miserably. I would have to do some real forest clearing to get enough rain/sunlight to hit the ground to even allow growth.

My old man shot a spike Buck last weekend, so I put the gut pile out on the far corner of the farm bc I've always figured dead deer scent would spook deer and draw predators, put a cam on it for lawlz, within 48 hours I got multiple shots of yotes eating the guts, a spike Buck, a 4pt, a 6pt, and this 8pt, plus a bunch of does all over the area. Yotes cleaned the guts out on the first night.

DO NOT HESITATE!!!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

This was from Friday night, I recharged the battery on the DVR and didn't reset the date.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was from Friday night, I recharged the battery on the DVR and didn't reset the date.

Dammit!! You know how many times I started holding my breath while watching that as you aligned the crosshairs on the deers chest cavity?!? Outta breath now...

I figured it was mounted on a rifle or something. Kept waiting for the bang.

Last edited by a moderator:
268bbbcef8b09dbf7e77db0412c1f229.jpg

0e54a155ced96e63d5ec7d9fa2f3f2e3.jpg

6b89165fa7f6c9f3e1b7654c2c6e9d68.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom