2023 Fishing thread

Yeah, the rec fishing limit is bullshit when the commercial guys kill everything. It's got me half tempted to get my commercial tag when I get my boat on the water.

Except recreational harvest is 4.5x as large as commercial, not including fish that are harmed and returned to the sea. And the scumbags that ignore the recreational limits.

Anybody want some free ice fishing gear? I have 5 or 6 tip-ups, a jigging rod, a bait bucket with an aerator which may or may not still work, a very sharp (brand new blades) manual ice auger, and a few other odds & ends.
I went to two or three fishing derbies, (winter drunk fests) with my co-workers over the years. Otherwise, the stuff has sat unused in my workshop. I think most of the tip-ups may have never been used, and the ones that were are good as new.
I hate seeing unused sporting goods, so please, come and get it.
P.M. or text/call. I'm often in Lunenburg and we could meet in the Walmart parking lot.
Five zero eight four one four zero three seven five.

Anybody want some free ice fishing gear? I have 5 or 6 tip-ups, a jigging rod, a bait bucket with an aerator which may or may not still work, a very sharp (brand new blades) manual ice auger, and a few other odds & ends.
I went to two or three fishing derbies, (winter drunk fests) with my co-workers over the years. Otherwise, the stuff has sat unused in my workshop. I think most of the tip-ups may have never been used, and the ones that were are good as new.
I hate seeing unused sporting goods, so please, come and get it.
P.M. or text/call. I'm often in Lunenburg and we could meet in the Walmart parking lot.
Five zero eight four one four zero three seven five.

See you Saturday.

Was a bit of a ride for sure. Gave me some "alone" time to see how school is going for my son. He was pumped of course. Now I'll have him out in a kayak pre-drilling his holes for ice fishing.

Update on Maine I F & W regulations:

Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife

mefishwildlife.com

Updated Laws for 2024​

North Zone Bass Management

Beginning on January 1, 2024 all waters containing bass in the North Zone will be managed under General Law regulations of “No size or bag limit”. The purpose of this change is to clarify that bass are managed as an invasive species in the North Zone and are not provided protective regulations that would promote, popularize, or enhance their sportfish value in this part of the state.​

Lead Sinkers

Current law: It is unlawful to sell, offer for sale, or use a lead sinker that weighs 1 ounce or less or measures 2.5 inches or less. This does not include artificial lures, weighted line or lines, or jig heads. It is unlawful to sell, offer for sale, or use an unpainted bare lead jig that weighs one ounce or less or measures 2.5 inches or less (Title 12, §12663-B & Title 12, §12664).
Effective September 1, 2024, it is unlawful to sell or offer for sale a painted lead jig that weighs one ounce or less or measures 2.5 inches or less; and effective September 1, 2026, the use of these painted lead jigs will be prohibited.​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom