• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trail camera thread. Post ur trail camera photos.

night season started recently. Time to try my hand at e-calling these guys in. I hear them every time I camp but have yet to get one on trail cam

Me thinks this is a Raven?

It is hard to count the pinion feathers.*

Raven 01.05.2024.png

*Ravens have 17 rigid tail feathers called pinions, while a crow only has 16.

The difference between a raven and a crow is just a matter of a pinion.

😆

Last edited:
I believe it was evolve harvest from Tractor Supply. I simply overseeded the area and it came up great last year. I don’t really mow that area so wasn’t paying attention if it came back up this year. I also overseed the back yard with pasture blend red and white clover, but that didn’t come up good this year

Me thinks this is a Raven?

It is hard to count the pinion feathers.*

View attachment 835868

*Ravens have 17 rigid tail feathers called pinions, while a crow only has 16.

The difference between a raven and a crow is just a matter of a pinion.

😆
[Picton] While funny, it is factually inaccurate, both crows and ravens have the same number of pinion feathers. [/Picton]

Second picture looks Looks like a wild game of twister

what are you feeding them?

In the tube it is a mix of corn and record rack nuggets.

On the ground there are a couple of salt blocks and a screw in corn block called the corn holer. I picked it up a few years ago for couple of bucks. it is basically a big screw of molded feed that you screw into the ground.

It’s not something I would generally spend the money on but it was only a couple of bucks as it was a left over. I should have bought more. They went nuts over it.

IMG_2844.jpeg

You can see it in this picture:
SYFW0037.jpeg

This is likely the method I try this coming year. No patience to have it look like pebble beach. As long as something other than ferns comes up I’ll consider it a win
I believe it was evolve harvest from Tractor Supply. I simply overseeded the area and it came up great last year. I don’t really mow that area so wasn’t paying attention if it came back up this year. I also overseed the back yard with pasture blend red and white clover, but that didn’t come up good this year

Back
Top Bottom