Tough bird refuses to be a victim

What a great guy.

It's too bad that the gang filth and scum has taken over that area. He did the right thing by closing the shop but it's pathetic and sad that he had to in the first place.

A good man for sure. He saved lives by removing those vermin from the planet.

You will note they mention he was only 1 of 2 shop owners "allowed" to have a CCW in the area at the time....[sad2]

What a crazy story. A majority of people walk this earth and are never confronted by an armed thug. Nevermind two, three, four, five times! [shocked]

What a crazy story. A majority of people walk this earth and are never confronted by an armed thug. Nevermind two, three, four, five times! [shocked]

Open a little storefront containing maybe a few hundred thousand dollars in highly portable merchandise and you may be visited buy the rainbow coalition from time to time. It's just another way to "spread the wealth around".

Open a little storefront containing maybe a few hundred thousand dollars in highly portable merchandise and you may be visited buy the rainbow coalition from time to time. It's just another way to "spread the wealth around".

Of course, opening up a little storefront doesn't give them carte blance (I don't think your'e suggesting this...)

Leaves little to wonder why our government can confiscate and distribute wealth through tax and inflation using armed thugs with government costumes and those that don't have the pretty costumes can't.

Did you hear the stupid 911 dispatch? The first thing he says is he needs a police car at "and gives his address" and the first thing out of her mouth is "and where is this at?" um he just told you stupid send the cop. this reminds me of the special on 20/20 a few weeks ago where they said in this scenario your cell phone is your best line of defense. Looks like maybe no seeing as how the operator can't do her job.

Unbelievable!!!

When you sell * Bling * [Rolex] like that, you really gotta be prepared for the element.

I can't believe that he said that people derisively call him paranoid. I would think that after 5 shootouts and knowledge of a hit out on him from a notorious gang this man is simply being prudent.

After the first couple incidents, I would suspect that the next ones were either out looking to make a name for themselves by taking this guy down or out to avenge the death of their homies.

As to the "cell phone being your best line of defense" crowd - this call and the girl in the Chicago area should make it pretty clear that a cell phone is not a failsafe, even if the police could instantly teleport to the location. Add in travel time, and the cell phone becomes a lot less useful as a defense. I know, preaching to the choir, but perhaps talking points when we meet these people FTF.

Thanks for sharing this video.

I can't believe that commentator suggested that he roll over and let the armed robber take what he wanted and suggested that it would be over. I thought Lance's response was excellent. When you roll over, you let the guy with the gun make the decisions. Just giving him what he wanted doesn't guarantee that he still wouldn't kill him. Lance is a hero in my mind. Unfortunately he has to pay the price for depending himself in the form of seclusion etc. He did the right thing however. I'd have done the same too.

ps: He took some bad guys off the streets forever.. that's a detterrant

People, heck Cops too!!

People, heck Cops too!! Unless the cop is from a major city it is quite rare that they will ever have to fire there weapon in self-defence..

There was a cop in Detroit that was involved in a number of fatals, and of course the city was getting sued by all the survivors.. Further investigation and review finally cost him his job.. He seemed to have propensity for shooting people he had disagreements with both on and off the job???

[shocked]

Man - that guy is hardcore.

Too bad people call him paranoid, it sounds like he just wanted to work his business and earn a living - and not be screwed with. But the gangsta' nitwits just wouldn't leave him alone. So they got what was coming to them.

Just giving him what he wanted doesn't guarantee that he still wouldn't kill him.

But force, or a declared design of force, upon the person of another, where there is no common superior on earth to appeal to for relief, is the state of war: and it is the want of such an appeal gives a man the right of war even against an aggressor, tho' he be in society and a fellow subject. Thus a thief, whom I cannot harm, but by appeal to the law, for having stolen all that I am worth, I may kill, when he sets on me to rob me but of my horse or coat; because the law, which was made for my preservation, where it cannot interpose to secure my life from present force, which, if lost, is capable of no reparation, permits me my own defence, and the right of war, a liberty to kill the aggressor, because the aggressor allows not time to appeal to our common judge, nor the decision of the law, for remedy in a case where the mischief may be irreparable. Want of a common judge with authority, puts all men in a state of nature: force without right, upon a man's person, makes a state of war, both where there is, and is not, a common judge.

- John Locke, Second Treatise of Civil Government, 1690

These truths are self-evident.

This passage, written over 300 years ago, stunned me when I first read it in college, in 1979. I was never the same after having read it.

Back
Top Bottom