Tonight, Westford will be considering zoning bans on firearm stores.

They should do what Kittery Trading Post Does. Actual Store could be in NH with a small location
just to transfer sales in Mass. Not much for the Po-Po to look at doing it this way.

Malodave
Likely it would work well to avoid the onerous inspections but the commies will still get their sales tax that way.

I heard (from a MA FFL) that the state is adding a bunch of stuff to their dealer inspection requirements which will make it difficult for dealers to remain.
Said it is in the pipeline and essentially a seminar on how to shut down your local gun shop.

Might be worthy of another thread but just something I thought of after seeing the last few posts above^^
I'm sure that will stop the violence problems in murder pan and Roxbury

Why stop with suspending the second amendment? Shouldn't the nineteenth amendment also be on the chopping block? Face facts--it is only since women were allowed to vote that extra-killy guns were invented, oceans started drowning big cities (well, not yet, but they WILL), animals started going extinct, and carbon dioxide started killing us all. There is a definite link between the second and nineteenth amendments that should not be ignored any longer.
Even my mother thinks women should not have the right to vote, way to lopsided as liberal.

I heard (from a MA FFL) that the state is adding a bunch of stuff to their dealer inspection requirements which will make it difficult for dealers to remain.
Said it is in the pipeline and essentially a seminar on how to shut down your local gun shop.

Might be worthy of another thread but just something I thought of after seeing the last few posts above^^

Trying to turn MA into what DC used to be. No local FFLs means no legal way to buy handguns.

I no longer have contact with those who were the organizers of WestfordPro2A. I wonder if they are still active or even aware of this?

Drive around westford and count the massive number of BLM lawn signs ..... and that'll give you an idea of the town's predominant left-leaning preferences.

Last edited:
I was there small victory they didn’t vote they referred it back to the planning board I copied this From the Pro 2a hope they don’t mind

Summary of Select Board Meeting: Anti 2A By Law​

Dear Friends,

Congratulations on a strong showing at the Select Board meeting last night. That was the first “salvo” in what is sure to be a protracted battle regarding Second Amendment rights in Westford yet again. You were all calm, respectful, and eloquent. Thank you.

It will be instructive to watch, when it becomes available, the video from that meeting. At the start of the By-Law discussion, it was made clear by the Town Planner that the Select Board had asked him to draft a Firearms Business By-Law, and present it to the Planning Board.

By the time we 2A supports were done, the Select Board was marching to a different tune. At the end, it suddenly ‘wasn’t up to them to tell the Planning Board what to do',’ and even when the Town Planner asked if he should present the draft By-Law to the Planning Board, the reaction was ‘well, we don’t want to tell them how to do their job. They may want to talk about it before they consider a By-Law'.’

This is a classic example of politicians stepping into something smelly, and then deeply regretting it.

The battle will now shirt to the Planning Board. Westford Pro 2A will be watching the Agenda’s carefully. When they start posting Firearms discussions of any kind, we all need to show up in FORCE, and make it clear, Firearms are not to be regulated different than any other lawful business.

WESTFORD PRO 2A

If its due to an abrupt change in zoning across the state I think youd have a court case though? Im not a lawyer
I think it was Chicago that implemented a no gunstore or range scheme and got shot down for it but dont remember the particular details.

Banning gun stores does seem like it violates the 2A. If access to arms can be banned then keeping and bearing become meaningless

They just placated you. Planning board shuffles it to Selectmen. They shuffle it to Zoning. Around and around it goes. It might not pass soon but eventually it's a go. That die has been cast.
Just a matter of time.

Most of the arguments boil down to the Town making it unnecessarily difficult for people
to exercise their 2A rights. Either by fees, taxation or zoning.

Trying to turn MA into what DC used to be. No local FFLs means no legal way to buy handguns.
and it is surprisingly easy to do, it seems. with a total approval of grateful local residents.

and it is surprisingly easy to do, it seems. with a total approval of grateful local residents.
We are learning there’s quite a large population of gun rights agnostic people, but once it hits their town, they’ll come out in force to say “not in my back yard”.

Places like Littleton and others that seemed gun friendly, were only so because residents weren’t aware guns were in their town.

We are learning there’s quite a large population of gun rights agnostic people, but once it hits their town, they’ll come out in force to say “not in my back yard”.

Places like Littleton and others that seemed gun friendly, were only so because residents weren’t aware guns were in their town.
residents crave to be dominated and oppressed, nothing new about it. society at all is not wanting any freedom at all, as is. all they want is to be provided with benefits.

I was there small victory they didn’t vote they referred it back to the planning board I copied this From the Pro 2a hope they don’t mind

Summary of Select Board Meeting: Anti 2A By Law​

Dear Friends,

Congratulations on a strong showing at the Select Board meeting last night. That was the first “salvo” in what is sure to be a protracted battle regarding Second Amendment rights in Westford yet again. You were all calm, respectful, and eloquent. Thank you.

It will be instructive to watch, when it becomes available, the video from that meeting. At the start of the By-Law discussion, it was made clear by the Town Planner that the Select Board had asked him to draft a Firearms Business By-Law, and present it to the Planning Board.

By the time we 2A supports were done, the Select Board was marching to a different tune. At the end, it suddenly ‘wasn’t up to them to tell the Planning Board what to do',’ and even when the Town Planner asked if he should present the draft By-Law to the Planning Board, the reaction was ‘well, we don’t want to tell them how to do their job. They may want to talk about it before they consider a By-Law'.’

This is a classic example of politicians stepping into something smelly, and then deeply regretting it.

The battle will now shirt to the Planning Board. Westford Pro 2A will be watching the Agenda’s carefully. When they start posting Firearms discussions of any kind, we all need to show up in FORCE, and make it clear, Firearms are not to be regulated different than any other lawful business.

WESTFORD PRO 2A
Typo n that last paragraph

If its due to an abrupt change in zoning across the state I think youd have a court case though? Im not a lawyer
There are already court cases moving through the lower courts. Here's a loss from last week at the district level:

Pre-Heller and NYSRPA, an en banc panel of the 9th Circuit held that a textual and historical analysis of the Second Amendment demonstrated that the Constitution does not confer a freestanding right on commercial proprietors to sell firearms. That Supreme Court denied cert.

My guess, and it's strictly a guess, is that post NYSRPA courts will draw analogies to "adult entertainment" zoning. The cases will then hinge on the "secondary effects" of gun stores, with judges cherry picking "facts" based on their own biases. In short, business as usual.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom