• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

today's member shoot in NH - post pix HERE

Some folks can share ammo "easier" than others.
If you and I are at a shoot together, (go GREEN), I'll gladly hand you a mag, explain the basics and hand you my AR. But if you want to shoot something specific, by all means, bring ammo for sure!

Here's some of my shots...

Sorry I didn't take more pictures this time, it's because I spent some time shooting brass, not just pictures... :)

Just a very vew rounds were sent downrange to this particular target holder:
NES_NH_071809_001_DSC_3328.jpg

Pre-shoot safety briefing:
NES_NH_071809_002_DSC_3294.jpg

NES_NH_071809_003_DSC_3311.jpg

NES_NH_071809_004_DSC_3316.jpg

NES_NH_071809_005_DSC_3318.jpg

NES_NH_071809_006_DSC_3293.jpg

NES_NH_071809_007_DSC_3295.jpg

NES_NH_071809_008_DSC_3297.jpg

NES_NH_071809_009_DSC_3300.jpg

NES_NH_071809_010_DSC_3301.jpg

Like little soldiers... waiting to be deployed downrange:
NES_NH_071809_011_DSC_3302.jpg

NES_NH_071809_012_DSC_3303.jpg

NES_NH_071809_013_DSC_3304.jpg

NES_NH_071809_014_DSC_3307.jpg

Helping to raise funds for TVI's family (we can't tell you how we did it, but this is it in progress):
NES_NH_071809_DSC_3327.jpg

If anyone want's a hi-res version of any of these, just let me know.

Last edited:
So I have a question about these shoots: based on the comments, it seems that the folks who attend are very generous with their guns. My question is how does the ammo situation work out? Do you buy ammo at the club that's hosting, or bring a box of 5.56 x XX and hope someone will let you shoot their AR-15?

Some ammo is hard to find, and expensive for those that can even find it. I only have a limited suppy myself because it's hard to find.

Many of us will list what guns we're bringing so you'll know what's available to try if you like. If you can, bring some ammo of the appropriate type to use. I'm sure everyone will appreciate it. If not, many will let you shoot what they have.

If you can bring your own ammo, I know I appreciate it. However, if you didn't bring your own, I'll let you use some of mine. Most people are very generous.

Before I forget thanks to those that let me use some of their ammo.... [grin]

It's almost impossible not to get hit with hot brass while at one of these. I know several of us got hit on the backs of our neck, shoulders, forearms.

Heck even at the front edge of the picnic tables that were, what, 15' or so from the firing line there was the occasional incoming piece!

I thought it was fun... I was shooting at one of the stations, yet I was being pelted constantly by brass as if someone was tapping me on the shoulder....

tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap...tap. It kind of made me smile, and glad to have on safey glasses and a hat! [rofl]

I litterally couldn't have counted how many times I was hit with flying brass.

Its not too bad now, just feels like a swollen eye. It was more "How in the Sam Hell did that get in there?" than anything. I don't think it'd happen again if I stood in the same place and he fired ten thousand rounds through that gun.

Now I feel bad! I only ran 250 or so through it. Some were bouncing off the rafters. Sorry!

It was a great shoot, thanks for setting everything up Rob.

Kalahri - I hope the eye's doing alright. I didn't know what was going on at first but then one look at your eye, ouch... That thing threw some serious brass[wink]

It was great to meet everyone and I couldn't have asked for a better time.
PantherarmsAR10 - Thanks for the great photos. This photo
DSC_0480.jpg

is great. I finally have something worthy of being an avatar!

Here's a few good shots that I have on my camera.
IMG_5231.jpg

Jacks table of goodness!
IMG_5249.jpg

IMG_5250.jpg

IMG_5244.jpg

Not sure who had this but I was drooling[smile]

IMG_5246.jpg

IMG_5247.jpg

You knew when EC was shooting these [wink]

IMG_5235.jpg

IMG_5230.jpg

IMG_5227.jpg

Video's

Last edited:
Awesome pics guys ....and Kevin that one of you with Jacks sub spitting out brass.... Priceless [wink]

Excellent pics by everyone ....and I gotta say Timber & Gonzo you two must have the AR market cornered [laugh]...you boys definetly came prepared and I guarantee that target stand was your doing [wink]

Was great to get a chance to meet you all , and I hope to do it again ... Im just happey everyone had a good time !

Oh R1ch when you get a chance shoot me a PM , high res shoot pics gotta have 'em [wink]

And to all you members who are not green , trust me its the best $19 you'll probably ever spend.....green green and green... not only can you come to these shoots , but just to get a chance to meet everyone is worth it in gold ..

-Rob

This shoot looksl ike it was a blast. Wish I could have made it. Unfortunately I didn't have all my ducks in a row for the weekend, as I had other plans already made but those got canceled on Saturday. I ended up with nothing to do on Saturday. Oh well, next time.

Awesome pictures. The AR's with all those evil features were great. I also liked the Socom 2 and the huge pile of AR mags and ammo!

I don't wanna wait that long!!!!! how about end of September.. I just think late october or november might be getting down in the temp zone. especially with how the weather is going this year it might turn into early winter by then and most clubs wont have ranges open due to frozen burms.. The chances of that happening are very slim but you never know we do live in New England and they always says if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes.. lol

Ok I'll PM Derek and talk to the club about it and see what I can do [wink] not sure they'll go for pumpkins but we'll see...either way I wanna do it again it was a blast..

Sent the big guy a PM earlier so just keeping my fingers crossed and waiting to hear back from him...but if anythings gonna happen , it will get posted in the "Greenie" section [wink] ... incentive to become a green member , keep your eyes open !

Back
Top Bottom