To shoot or not to shoot hmmmmm...

So now that the weather is nice, my trigger finger has been getting itchy, and since I purchased several little toys over the winter months I want to get out and do some shooting. I have a question that has been on my mind for some time now though

One of my newest purchases is a mint BNIB pre-ban Norinco AK-47 that I purchased. I really wanna take this out and shoot it BAD! However being that I collect many other items, in most hobby worlds anything un-used and brand new fetches more money for that aspect. Is it the same in the gun world? If I take this rifle out and "pop its cherry" so to speak will I greatly affect the value of it or does it not matter as much.

Most of the rifles I buy are NIB, It's just what I like to buy as a collector, but I wanna shoot them as well! decisions decisions decisions.....[mg]

Id have to say this gun is brand new considering everything from mags to bayonet, everything is sealed in plastic. So I'd have to assume its brandy spankin new

If you can't bear to shoot the NIB guns: buy two of each, shoot one and keep the other looker. Remember: two is one and one is none. When SHTF, you maybe able to make one good gun out of two broken ones.

If you can't bear to shoot the NIB guns: buy two of each, shoot one and keep the other looker. Remember: two is one and one is none. When SHTF, you maybe able to make one good gun out of two broken ones.

So ill have to tell the gf "honey but two is always better than one I NEED two rifles" makes sense to me, now just to convince the girl......

My guns are tools. What's the point of having guns in the safe you never use? If it bothers you so much to shoot it and there's a significant price premium for unfired, sell it, buy a used one and spend the difference on ammo.

The only way I'd own a gun I never fired would be something with sentimental value that was in unshootable condition.

Are you kidding me?!

Shoot it!

Would you buy a mint muscle car and not drive it? Would you hook up with a hot girl and not... well you understand what I'm trying to say here.

No one ever said on their death bed" You know I shouldnt have gone shooting as much" I say shoot the thing.

Ok so now a better question.....who wants to invite me to their range/gun club so we can de-virginize this puppy

Ok so now a better question.....who wants to invite me to their range/gun club so we can de-virginize this puppy

I'll be in Newton NH tomorrow if you want to break her in. Easter just isn't Easter without Gunpowder residue. Plus the weather forecast... Excellent plus 1.

My guns are tools. What's the point of having guns in the safe you never use? If it bothers you so much to shoot it and there's a significant price premium for unfired, sell it, buy a used one and spend the difference on ammo.

The only way I'd own a gun I never fired would be something with sentimental value that was in unshootable condition.

Sorry, I have to disagree. My father has old never fired firearms. They are an investment. Take one shot and lose thousands of dollars. He can tell if it was ever fired. I can't and will never know as much as he does about collector firearms. He used to have a ffl until they f'd it all up for non store dealers; but he still has a collectors( relic) license.

Sorry, I have to disagree. My father has old never fired firearms. They are an investment. Take one shot and lose thousands of dollars. He can tell if it was ever fired. I can't and will never know as much as he does about collector firearms. He used to have a ffl until they f'd it all up for non store dealers; but he still has a collectors( relic) license.

Fair enough. Guns just aren't about that for me. If I somehow had a collection like that, I'd probably sell it to buy shooters. If you buy guns used, you can shoot them and still probably sell them for what you paid or more.

It's a pre-ban AK, I don't think shooting it will drop its value that much (as with some other true collector firearms). It's still going to worth $1,500+ even if you put 1K round through it :)

I'm in the shoot it camp. Buying a gun that you like and not shooting it is heresy. It's like marrying a beautiful woman and never...kissing...her.

Shoot it. Shoot it hard and put it away wet. [wink]

Yep its official I'm taking this puppy out this spring. Prob keep all the mags and such in the packages borrow some from my pops or something but definitely gotta take it out. Now to go ammo shopping!

Back
Top Bottom