Timney Vs Geissele trigger

Twigg

NES Member
Opinions wanted.

My AR has the Anvil Arms lower with their stock trigger. It breaks at nearly eight pounds, 500 rounds have not made things smoother. I have a full distance Appleseed coming up in August and need something better. I'm planning on doing more long distance shooting.

I keep hearing good things about Geissele and Timney triggers.

Geissele's seen to be sold out everywhere, the Timney's are available but for a couple of bucks more I could have a Geissele - if I can find one.

So; Geissele or Timney ?

Gimmie your $.02 please.

Ditto what Jose said.

You might also consider a Rock River match trigger, especially if you can get one tuned by John Hollinger ($125 last I saw on White Oak's website). Maybe not quite as good as the Geissele, but better than anything else out there.

Ditto what Jose said.

You might also consider a Rock River match trigger, especially if you can get one tuned by John Hollinger ($125 last I saw on White Oak's website). Maybe not quite as good as the Geissele, but better than anything else out there.

Hollinger also stocks Geissele triggers, if you find that they are out of stock elsewhere.

I have a new Geissele. Wow it's sweet! If you want to try it, it will be at the NH Shoot. :)

Call (or online) Rainier Arms. They have these in stock now. I ordered mine online, about 3 (or was it 4?) days later it showed up in my mailbox.

http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=455

I just got mine a week or so ago. A nice thing with Rainier, they send you the trigger and two extra springs, so you basically get all the Geissele options, without having to choose which trigger pull you want up front, all for the same price as the others. This is a nice plus!

Also Rainier was 1st class in getting me the shipment without overpriced shipping. They even returned phone calls and were very helpful. I'm very happy with their service.

See me at the NH shoot to discuss this further or to try it yourself. If you don't make it to the shoot, I'm happy to let you try it another time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom