Three wishes from Smith and Wesson:

If you could ask the S&W M&P genie for three wishes what would they be?

I'd ask for the M&P Pistol in 10mm with a 15 round capacity. (never get it in MA anyway [crying]), an M&P version of the .460, and a nice M&P15 .40S&W carbine.

1. Blued steel, walnut grips, pinned and recessed.
2. Make all the guns in the Performance Center.
3. Roll the prices back to 1975.

To rip off the HK MP5 (which is what my brain thinks every time I see M&P), put it in .45, and sell it to us for under $500.

Just one big wish from the Genie....

Since S&W is based out of Mass, to issue a free (or at cost) S&W product to any or all Massachusetts residents who sucessfully obtain their LTC/FID!

Tell me that wouldnt jump start sales and a new way of thinking in this State!

S&W M&P nomenclature was around LONG before the H&K MP series. used to refer to a .38 special revolver which eventually evolved into the Model 10.

I'd like to see an M&P version of an AR-10 in .308. (^_^)

M&P 50 BMG?

M&P LadySmith? In proper GI Jane fitting.

M&P .45 carbine that would make the Thompson Sub Machinegun look like a heavy paperweight.

M&P line of tactical evening wear.

M&P fragrances. Something that isn't quite as mundane as Hoppys #9

M&P Urban Assault window planters - full ballistic cover in a tasteful floral arrangement

I would like three wishes:

-Offer the third gen autos without that stupid magazine safety.

-Get rid of the locks on the revolvers!

-Make an MA M+P 15 rifle which has the rail system and 16" lightweight bbl.

-Mike

1) Re-issue of S&W 1006 and 1076 10mm pistols - hold the mag safties.

2) Make the 610 as a square butt, not round.

3) S&W 1911's having 10mm as an option.

Notice a pattern here? [smile]

Joe R.

School me on the "pinned and recessed" and why they are better.

P = pinned - Non pinned barrel replacements are ugly as they are press fit
into the frame. Pinned are screwed in and pinned and much easier to replace
or exchange. R = recessed. Recessed refers to the bullet being set into the
cylinder and the flanged part (head) sits in the cylinder vs outside the cylinder.

Last edited:
I actually like the locks in certain situations. I would like to make them optional.

Due to MA's crap transportation laws, it's often easier (for me) to lock a gun with an internal lock rather than use a cumbersome trigger lock or carry a big damn case around.

I actually like the locks in certain situations. I would like to make them optional.

Due to MA's crap transportation laws, it's often easier (for me) to lock a gun with an internal lock rather than use a cumbersome trigger lock or carry a big damn case around.
The internal lock may meet the letter of the law, but it will not be very helpful in convincing anyone that the firearm in question is securely stored. Believe me. I know this from experience. Avoid the hassle buy using a cable lock or a trigger lock or any other method that is "recognized" by the powers that be.

The internal lock may meet the letter of the law, but it will not be very helpful in convincing anyone that the firearm in question is securely stored. Believe me. I know this from experience. Avoid the hassle buy using a cable lock or a trigger lock or any other method that is "recognized" by the powers that be.

+1... IMO this is what makes the locks doubly worthless. I know that
not ever gun store owner is up on the law, but I've been told on more
than one occasion by various FFLs that the intetgral lock on an S+W
product is completely meaningless in MA, WRT safe storage and the
like.

-Mike

Really? I had assumed that meeting the letter of the law was the point... wonder if any of our legal types would possibly chime in on this...

If there is any evidence (other than gun shop info) that it is against the law to use internal locks as transportation locks I'd be really interested in looking at it.

Neither an internal lock OR a trigger lock will cut it as far as transportation goes:

No person possessing a large capacity rifle or shotgun under a Class A or Class B license issued under section 131 or 131F shall possess the same in a vehicle unless such weapon is unloaded and contained within the locked trunk of such vehicle or in a locked case or other secure container

P = pinned - Non pinned barrel replacements are ugly as they are press fit
into the frame. Pinned are screwed in and pinned and much easier to replace
or exchange. R = recessed. Recessed refers to the bullet being set into the
cylinder and the flanged part (head) sits in the cylinder vs outside the cylinder.

Now I know what they are, are any of those features functionally (not aesthetically) better?

I understand that a pressed barrel may need to go to S&W to be replaced, but seriously, how many people have worn out one handgun barrel, let alone more than one?

Neither an internal lock OR a trigger lock will cut it as far as transportation goes:

No person possessing a large capacity rifle or shotgun under a Class A or Class B license issued under section 131 or 131F shall possess the same in a vehicle unless such weapon is unloaded and contained within the locked trunk of such vehicle or in a locked case or other secure container

Uhh... A M&P, or any other Smith and Wesson gun with an internal lock is not a large capacity rifle or shotgun.

--EasyD

Chapter 140: Section 131C. Carrying of firearms in a vehicle

Section 131C. (a) No person carrying a loaded firearm under a Class A license issued under section 131 or 131F shall carry the same in a vehicle unless such firearm while carried therein is under the direct control of such person. Whoever violates the provisions of this subsection shall be punished by a fine of $500.

(b) No person carrying a firearm under a Class B license issued under section 131 or 131F shall possess the same in a vehicle unless such weapon is unloaded and contained within the locked trunk of such vehicle or in a locked case or other secure container. Whoever violates the provisions of this subsection shall be punished by a fine of $500.

Back
Top Bottom