• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Three Dutch commandos shot in metro Indianapolis, one is critical, while attending urban warfare training

Just a block from my favorite steak house, St Elmo's. Downtown was nice 20 years ago but is a shithole now. Ten years ago, you couldn't walk anywhere at night. Now, it's idiocy to go anywhere downtown after 6pm.
It wasnt very nice in 2006. Although we had huge numbers on our side so we didnt get jerked around to much. The police were pricks though I remember that.

The problem is that they were still wearing the Dutch issued footwear and couldn't run away fast enough. I found a photo of them having lunch in Indy before the encounter.
View attachment 655729
I heard that Crocs was making a MilSpec version for the Dutch using proprietary Croslite material.

1661806599192.png

Unless mine are counterfeit...??? [rofl]

So a handsome 26 yo kid, serving his country is murdered ( likely by some subhuman skell).

I don't understand.... Why is this grist for jokes here on NES?
His death isn't... just the situation.
For some of us humor is the Great Equalizer.

When I go, I hope there will be laughter at my wake...

So a handsome 26 yo kid, serving his country is murdered ( likely by some subhuman skell).

I don't understand.... Why is this grist for jokes here on NES?
Sweet Jesus, 30 years ago all the travel books warned about the LEO's in the USA. Why the eff weren't these men briefed about beefing with the locals at 3am? Effing nuts. Nah it ain't funny, but in a war zone it's all funny or you go nuts.

You've been here for 13 years and just finding out about the dark humor we sometimes deal in?
Nah.... I've been the ER for 20 years. There is literally no darker humor to be found.

This one just bothers me I guess.

It's been 13 years... Wow.

Nah.... I've been the ER for 20 years. There is literally no darker humor to be found.

This one just bothers me I guess.

It's been 13 years... Wow.
I’ll point out that a lot of the darker humor came here before it was known one of them passed.

I like soldiers, and soldiers like dark humor. I tend to think these Dutchies would like our posts, generally. It’s a shame about their buddy, that’s for sure. RIP.

I took this from from an Dutch news source, some accident

"The men, members of the Dutch special forces (KTC) were on an urban warfare training exercise in Indiana, involving fighting in built up areas. The accident happened in the men’s free time, the ministry said."

None dare call it murder o_O

Last edited:
This appears to have fallen down the memory hole
Interestingly, I've not been able to find a picture of the suspect, Shamar Duncan, anywhere. My friend wonders why that might be.
Not even a mugshot which is a public record. Hmm?

This appears to have fallen down the memory hole
Interestingly, I've not been able to find a picture of the suspect, Shamar Duncan, anywhere. My friend wonders why that might be.

As Buckwheat sang in his hit 1980's SNL album, he was "Wookin punub inall dawong paces."

Back
Top Bottom