• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Thoughts on GOAL Yard Sale

Did anyone here go? I got there about 10:15 and waited in line about 15 minutes before I could get in. I guess if I wanted any of the "good" stuff, I should have been one of the first five people to be let in.

What a mess! Lotsa old ammo and brass, shotgun shells, various reloading items, holsters, books. The last room held the firearms that were for sale. By the time I got there, the only two possibilities for me were a Norinco SKS for $150 and a (gen 1 I think) Glock 17 with a 17 rd. mag. for $350.

I was tempted a bit by the Glock but ultimately left with nothing.

Anyone think the SKS or the Glock were decent buys?

I really wish this had not fell on the same day as an NES event.

For those of you that went, I hope you made out well.

$150 for a Norinco SKS.. Not bad, I would have bought it. As much as I dislike the SKS.. It would have made a great beater gun for the range.

Jamie and I were on the way down, called Ross to see what was going on..

He said that he'd been in line, and it was down the parking lot. We figured that anything that we would have been looking for would have been gone by the time that we got there.

So we skipped. Sounds like it was a good plan as we ended up staying at the car shoot a little longer than we planned.

If it would have been nice out and actually outside, we would have made the trip. But too much to do in too little time kept us from standing in line for too long.

Got there around 10:45AM. Had to wait 10 minutes to enter. Pickings were slim; but everyone appeared to have something in hand. It took forever to exit, due to the long check out line. Many people were giving donations. It was nice to see the generosity.

Y'all are gonna hate me then...

Scored 5 boxes of Federal Hydra-Shok .380 ACP for $10 each. Plus a box of lead wadcutter .38 special for $1.

Oh, and a Remington 572 Fieldmaster for $50...

Guy ahead of me in the line to do the paperwork for the guns got a Ruger Mark I with scope for $75 (wish I'd gotten THAT one!).

There were bargains to be had - you just had to get in quick and go right to the good stuff...

Y'all are gonna hate me then...

Scored 5 boxes of Federal Hydra-Shok .380 ACP for $10 each. Plus a box of lead wadcutter .38 special for $1.

Oh, and a Remington 572 Fieldmaster for $50...

Guy ahead of me in the line to do the paperwork for the guns got a Ruger Mark I with scope for $75 (wish I'd gotten THAT one!).

There were bargains to be had - you just had to get in quick and go right to the good stuff...

That was me[smile]

I stopped by at 1. Things were pretty picked over, but I got a few speed loader cases for $1 ea. There was a sporterized '03, a 12 ga. lever action, and a .22 target rifle still stitting on the table. I was tempted by the .22, but at $350 it was too steep for an impulse buy. Did anybody else pick it up?

$150 for a Norinco SKS.. Not bad, I would have bought it. As much as I dislike the SKS.. It would have made a great beater gun for the range.

Heathen!

If I could have gone, I'd have beaten a path through women and small children to get such deal.

Interesting day at GOAL - overall I'd say mission accomplished. Like anything done for the first time, there were definitely some "lessons learned". Here are a couple of pics for those of you who missed out:

Nancy welcoming the tired, poor wretched refuse yearning to breath free:

GOALYardSale001.jpg

The checkout line finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel:

GOALYardSale002.jpg

Oh, and anyone who swiped my blue, LED flashlight that I brought so you folks to check out the bores on the rifles, GIVE IT BACK! It wasn't part of the yard sale!

Back
Top Bottom