This is my Personal EDC, just the way I carry my crap

I did make a short vid to show the draw and placement on my body how I ware this fanny pack. I also have my crossbreed gun belt on and the fanny pack is looped through the gun belt. This is how I normally ware this rig unless I'm on my bicycle then it is only secured with the attached strap.

On another note I just replaced the lanyard to draw the weapon and added a new Paracord handle to the front to draw the weapon. This is a new feature I added and the 1st time I used it. I did not edit out any flaws in drawing the weapon, the top zipper does have a habit of getting caught on the rear sight of the 1911. This is raw, I like to put things in the light of day.

http://youtu.be/jpJULhT0SlI

Last thing I'm thinking about seeing a long haired dude wearing a fanny pack is him being able to draw a 1911 from it in under a second. I was expecting to see a dime bag or some wraps, nicely done.

You're definitely a cool dude. :D

Yeah, I have to second that... for a long haired hippy looking, fanny pack wearing guy, you do seem to have your shit together.

I did make a short vid to show the draw and placement on my body how I ware this fanny pack.
http://youtu.be/jpJULhT0SlI

Damn, I hate it when I just want to hate something but just can't find a good reason... Dude, that is a lightning fast draw. It is also made more effective cause if you draw on someone they will be laughin uncontrollably and unable to attack. [laugh]

Seriously, that is a very fast draw and a fine carry piece. You have obviously put a great deal of thought into your gear and it is one hell of a set up

Last thing I'm thinking about seeing a long haired dude wearing a fanny pack is him being able to draw a 1911 from it in under a second. I was expecting to see a dime bag or some wraps, nicely done.

Yeah, I have to second that... for a long haired hippy looking, fanny pack wearing guy, you do seem to have your shit together.

Damn, I hate it when I just want to hate something but just can't find a good reason... Dude, that is a lightning fast draw. It is also made more effective cause if you draw on someone they will be laughin uncontrollably and unable to attack. [laugh]

Seriously, that is a very fast draw and a fine carry piece. You have obviously put a great deal of thought into your gear and it is one hell of a set up

Thanks guys, I do appreciate the complements. I do have to say I like the added handle to the front of the fanny pack. I do love carrying a 45 and I sure hope I never need it but if I do I think a big hole will serve me best.

938e4648.jpg

Last edited:
I guess maybe posting the draw form the holster might have ended the thread. I had a great time with this at any rate.

I think its the other video with the tour of the van... the stuffed animal dog... [shocked]

Jk of course! Go green and come to some shoots! I think you'll fit in fine!

I think its the other video with the tour of the van... the stuffed animal dog... [shocked]

oh I forgot that links to all my other crap, lol I have been meaning to clean some of that crap out anyway

Last edited:
Kursac, you have to go GREEN. You are exactly the type of person that this forum needs more of. It is great to see some fresh ideas and a good attitude.

Besides, I want to try and talk you into converting one of your trailers into a mobile pistol range. [smile]

[rofl][rofl][rofl] This thread is full of win! I haven't laughed so hard in a while.... and in between cracking up I learned something about fannypack carry!

Kudos to the OP and all participants!

[rofl][rofl][rofl] This thread is full of win! I haven't laughed so hard in a while.... and in between cracking up I learned something about fannypack carry!

Kudos to the OP and all participants!

Thank you, it's a fun thread, I know fanny packs are not a popular option, I looked into Thunderware but how many big guns can you keep in 1 place. I could just imagine how that thread would go. I abandoned the idea pretty quickly.

Kursac, you have to go GREEN. You are exactly the type of person that this forum needs more of. It is great to see some fresh ideas and a good attitude.

Besides, I want to try and talk you into converting one of your trailers into a mobile pistol range. [smile]

Thanks man that's very kind of you to say, going green is likely in my future here, I'm trying to sneak a 22 pistol in under the radar so the wife doesn't notice so I can get more range time in.

I like the idea of converting a trailer into a mobile range but I imagine the legalities of that would make it nearly impossible at least in the north east. Even with a 53' trailer the space a decelerator took up it would be difficult to get a 50' range. The walls of a trailer are very thin, I would be curious as to what you would need to put on the walls if anything. I don't know if standing in a can with live rounds would work either. It is a neat concept though.

I like the idea of converting a trailer into a mobile range but I imagine the legalities of that would make it nearly impossible at least in the north east. Even with a 53' trailer the space a decelerator took up it would be difficult to get a 50' range. The walls of a trailer are very thin, I would be curious as to what you would need to put on the walls if anything. I don't know if standing in a can with live rounds would work either. It is a neat concept though.

http://www.bluelinecorp.net/. These guys do it but cater to Law Enforcement. I remember seeing the story some time ago on a local news outlet, or maybe even here on NES, and thinking, wow, that would be cool for civilian use as well. It is a pretty cool concept and they promote the idea that they will save Departments money by bringing the range to the LEO's and training onsite during regular work hours.

Jesus christ, the AIDS! LOL

I gotta say that you sure do carry a lot of stuff in that fanny pack. Just make sure that there is no way that you can cut yourself with anything in there, cause that thing is so gay that you will get AIDs instantly.
I generally keep a BOB in the truck and enough stuff on my person to make sure I can get to my truck if I need to. However, my truck is parked within eye shot all day so it is not that big a deal. I don't know what I would do if that was not the case. maybe walk around with saddlebags draped over my shoulder?

I'm glad you mentioned that, I completely forgot about some of those videos, especially the Calypso videos. I was playing with my gopro camera and the iMovie app on the iPad. I should do a video on the Calypso some time but I have put it away for the winter in my warehouse. It is my bugging out vehicle, not as in " The Zombi Apocalypse " but to just stop the world and get off now and then. I have a 1927 Model T and like to do antique car shows now and then.

c9333cc5.jpg

Last edited:
http://www.bluelinecorp.net/. These guys do it but cater to Law Enforcement. I remember seeing the story some time ago on a local news outlet, or maybe even here on NES, and thinking, wow, that would be cool for civilian use as well. It is a pretty cool concept and they promote the idea that they will save Departments money by bringing the range to the LEO's and training onsite during regular work hours.

We use Jerrys trailer to do our low light and decision shoot scenarios. It's great. It was a DOD trailer that he bought.

This is my FX that I use as a touring bike & fowl weather Comuter. I have hundreds of miles on this bicycle. The aero bars are now on my road bike. I did a 130 mile ride from Boston to Provincetown on this bike in 8 hours. I use a Topek quick track system on both my commuter bikes to accommodate my EDC. Both my commuter bicycles have 3 water bottle carriers, 2 on the frame and 1 in the MTX bag. I can also carry 2 additional water bottles in the drop down pannier compartments. As a rule I have 1 bottle mixed with electrolytes, being a endurance rider I have a good knowledge of what my body needs to maintain endurance activity.

26058_1312190977326_1607213793_724825_263476_n.jpg

This is an MTX bag that also has drop down painniers if I need additional storage. I am also thinking about the Topek rear basket as well for the next season comming. My road bike also uses the quick track system. My mountain bike is raw and pure recreation, as a mountain bike should be

cd731844ef0e3400bea9548974d65bbf.jpg

5a0c12bf0f6e0a2463242c9c3cf0c04b.jpg

6ae088ea4bebf46511a9800b9e401071.jpg

8f882434a6a11afa8b9d379532e0fb7a.jpg

Jesus christ, the AIDS! LOL

I worked for BOC gas for a couple of years as a scientific medical driver hauling medical gas and artificial atmospheres. My responsibility was the Brigham and Dana Farber as well as Harvard and MIT. This was about 10 years ago and I did very little driving & most of my work was on the Longwood medical area and the labs in Cambridge.

I can tell you the on the grand scale AIDS is not the most dangerous thing out there. Cancer is far more likely to kill you than AIDS ever will. AIDS has to be transfers from person to person within the body, it is very fragile and can not live outside the body on a toilet seat or the rim of a drinking glass, in fact it can't even survive in the acidic saliva in your mouth. I have lived long enough to know people that have passed on with HIV as well as know people that are living with it today. For the most part it is a chronic virus that can be treated for your entire life.

That Trek is a darn good choice. I used to ride road bikes years ago and would do century rides regularly. Screwed up the cartligage in my left knee and had to give it up. Picked up a mountain bike (rockhopper comp) about six years ago and have been wishing for a touring bike ever since. Might have to do something about that.

Nice bag system on the bike.

That Trek is a darn good choice. I used to ride road bikes years ago and would do century rides regularly. Screwed up the cartligage in my left knee and had to give it up. Picked up a mountain bike (rockhopper comp) about six years ago and have been wishing for a touring bike ever since. Might have to do something about that.

Nice bag system on the bike.

Thanks, the bike is a little tricked out, I have butterfly trekking bars on it along with some special grips for endurance ridding. I also clip in when I ride. The large bag is a Caradice Bike Beuro. It can carry a 17" lap top that I never carry anymore. It is a killer bag though I ordered I'd from Europe. It's compleatly water proof and holds an unbelievable amount of stuff. The front bags are Nashbar and is dedicate to bicycle support, tools, parts and lubricants. The bar bags hold munches on the go. The bar bags bounce between bikes too.

My road bike is a Specialized Sectur Elite. It's an aluminum frame and carbon fork. I don't do all carbon because I rack my bicycles though I do keep this bike light. No fenders or anything extra, just the aero bars and the rear rack for the MTX trunk bag.

I added another bag to my combination, this is a Falcon 2 as my base pack with a 12x5 for my jet boil and a 10x4 to carry my water refill. I put an admin triad pack on the front and a medium Rolly Polly. It's a nice pack and I'm still working on it.

6fa69dd8d29a3e253a1bb1a2e684d30a.jpg

4082e6c6dc325448c5b3aeef16d08fe6.jpg

0f85f57d4863ab7e0e57aabd25f1b76e.jpg

This is you're new fanny pack? [rofl]Just bustin em on ya. That's a nice setup. [thumbsup]

Where did you p/u the Falcon 2? I like the Maxpedition products. I may grab one very soon.

Kudos to you sir! Only thing I don't like is the collars on the dogs. I train working dogs for a living and those pinch collars are great. But yours are about four to five sizes to big for those two. Take some links out. Should be very tight to the neck as high on the next as possible. The correction should come from the pinch with very little pressure. You can hurt the dogs when they are to big, it digs into their neck. Just my two cents. I like everything else even though I wouldn't wear the fanny pack! Sorry

Good work having your gear with you. You should consider upgrading your flashlights though. I'm pretty sure that silver one you carry in your fanny pack is the same one I got in a cheap 5 pack from a big box store. Super thin metal and the keyring is about as thick as a twist tie. The big D-Cell black flashlight in your day pack looks like the ones that were always dead when I needed them. Also, if it's a bulb it's not LED reliable. While they may be functional for light, a blinding and reliable tactical flashlight may be a better carry. Thanks for the post. It reminded me to reevaluate my gear.

I ran into at the rally on Saturday and said hi. One thing I noticed with your setup though. U had a knife attached at the rear of the your pack and also some keys. It would be very easy, especially in a crowded area, to bump into you and take your knife and keys. Just an observation.

Back
Top Bottom