This is my Personal EDC, just the way I carry my crap

I don't have any issue drawing from the fanny pack. The real advantage is nobody realizes its actually a holster. I don't think it's any longer to draw than from my crossbreed.

Don't be too sure about that. It's not like fanny pack holsters are a new invention. I took some training once that included a brief portion on identifying if someone was carrying concealed. One point that was made was that, these days, if a guy is wearing a fanny pack you should assume there's a gun in it. Criminals are also aware if this. Do you really think no criminal has ever googled the phrase "how to carry a gun hidden"?

A fanny pack on a guy screams gun!!

What is with all the other stuff in the Versapack? It obviously has some purpose but it seems it is very redundant and missing some survival basics. How many knives can you use at once?

I did a little paracord work to the fanny pack today, it needed a new lanyard for pull tab to draw the weapon and I added a handle on the front to aid in that function.

4fc0c05ad91c3f4075a34abdf2c65853.jpg

9131448c3ee527ff8373998eed76bd3c.jpg

What is with all the other stuff in the Versapack? It obviously has some purpose but it seems it is very redundant and missing some survival basics. How many knives can you use at once?
I'm sure a fanypack does scream gun to someone who is gun savvy, for everyone else I'm just a guy with long hair on a bicycle. The average person doesn't pay it any mind. Even if they do what do I care, I have every legal right to carry it concealed.

Well it's all spread out & opened on my desk so it looks like a lot more stuff than it actually is. The Versapack only weighs 7.4 pounds with that gear and the fannypack is 3.8 lbs with a loaded 45 & a 1911 at that. I typically carry 2 utility knives and a folder. This is simply an EDC bag not a bugout bag or a get home bag. It's what I carry when I'm out and about, back and forth from work, the contents change with the day but for the most part this is the base content. What survival gear do I need 30 miles from home. I always have plenty of water, I'm either on my bicycle or in one of my vehicles. I can ride a loaded bicycle 25 miles in an hour & 20 minutes an I rarely go anywhere without one.

Last edited:
lmao you guys are clowns. Kursac nice setup you got going on. I'd personally rock the maxpedition over the fanny pack if I had to, but thats just me.

It only screams gun if your a gun owner. There are runners other athletes and people that like to go out in sweats with few or no pockets that wear a fanny pack and It doesn't scream gun to them.

Fanny pack doesnt scream "gun" to me but it screams things like "dont leave your children alone with this guy". This is my general stereotype and maybe you pull off the look... Buuuut i doubt it. [rofl]

If I were a bad guy trying to ID armed citizens I'd shoot any guy with a fanny pack on general principle. I get the whole "I ride a bike" thing, but if you're serious about "...the Ka-Bar [fanny pack] is always on my body..." then you really should re-think things. Be invisible.

Those are Dobermans right?

Yes those are AKC Dobermans, they are brother and sister 1 litter apart. The Blue male is Charlie Brown & the the Fawn is Gingersnap and she is a bitch. Charlie Brown hit 108 lbs and Ginger is around 85 lbs
Charlie will be 8 this year and ginger is over 7 years now

8e58ab622b184ed06f1f959255b93bc7.jpg

Great looking dogs. I've had many dobes over the years. I had to put my last one down about a year ago... But I'm sure we'll get another.

I gotta say that you sure do carry a lot of stuff in that fanny pack. Just make sure that there is no way that you can cut yourself with anything in there, cause that thing is so gay that you will get AIDs instantly.
I generally keep a BOB in the truck and enough stuff on my person to make sure I can get to my truck if I need to. However, my truck is parked within eye shot all day so it is not that big a deal. I don't know what I would do if that was not the case. maybe walk around with saddlebags draped over my shoulder?

The only time I carry the Versapack over my shoulder is when I'm out at an event like a car show, fair, gun show or some kind of outside event. On my bicycle it rides in my MTX trunk, in a vehicle it either on the seat or floor.

The fannypack most of the time is in front over my right leg. When I have regular street cloths on it also uses my gun belt for support. When I'm in bicycle gear and on my bicycle the fannypack is behind me and the gun compartment is in the small of my back to give my legs full range of un obstructive movement. The idea is to keep me and my 45 together should I get separated from my bicycle.

I just replaced the lanyard on the fannypack and added a handle to aid in drawing the weapon. The key is setting up the fannypack for the rip cord to work properly. You don't actually unzip the fannypack to access the weapon. You set the zippers to the draw corner and keep the lanyard exposed. You pull the lanyard forward and down & the pack unzips awarding you access to your weapon. Their are several techniques to do this with your strong arm or with both hands.

e77f6e5cae352e292f0b677090efc78f.jpg

a949a59298befc9ff028311511016b90.jpg

081aa2905a4f75ed56cabe534b3b638e.jpg

af3704a80db40437af614def320adf03.jpg

b2817bbec197506b586d0e7ed1375e13.jpg

Last edited:
I am going to make some changes to my EDC do to some of the feed back I have received in regard to the fannypack. I am going to remove the mag from the Versapack and keep it in the same compartment with the 45. I will also add another mag to the mag pouch built into the fannypack. I agree it makes more sense to keep the spare mags with the gun itself. The only thing I suppose I should keep a spare mag in the Versapack for when I'm using the crossbreed holster. I noticed as well in these pictures is that when carrying in the fannypack that I am better off keeping a different mag in the gun than the factory mag that came with the gun. It will allow the 45 the maximum amount of room in the gun compartment. The top zipper has a habit of catching on the trillium sight.

b2817bbec197506b586d0e7ed1375e13.jpg

45088543de083c24afc95a33825e5ace.jpg

bd66abea6abdcf62cb9b69c0b1e7c213.jpg

f8567775eb7081bf018aa7091eec83c9.jpg

1c1450d205886a20e892efee31d9ba5e.jpg

Rep points to you Sir. Not only were you good natured about the busting of your chops, I have to admit that you are very well prepared.

thank you, I know most people are good natured & if you can't have some fun with it what the point. It is nice to reach an age when you just don't care what people think. LOL I have a great life so for me I'm good

Rep points to you Sir. Not only were you good natured about the busting of your chops, I have to admit that you are very well prepared.

I gotta agree with this. Everyone has been giving you crap about your fanny pack and man purse, and you just roll with the punches. You must be the most mello person on the planet. Not gonna lie, I'm jealous dude [smile].

I gotta agree with this. Everyone has been giving you crap about your fanny pack and man purse, and you just roll with the punches. You must be the most mello person on the planet. Not gonna lie, I'm jealous dude [smile].

life is to short to get upset about that stuff, I have employees that drive semi trucks. I have had them roll over, go over the side of a mountain, had a container come off a chassis going the other way and take out a brand new sleeper and trailer and dump the load all over the highway and shut it down for 8 hours. Life has a way of putting things in perspective, I don't let much bother me anymore, I have dealt with some real issues over the years. I have completely enjoyed this thread, it was a lot of fun.

life is to short to get upset about that stuff, I have employees that drive semi trucks. I have had them roll over, go over the side of a mountain, had a container come off a chassis going the other way and take out a brand new sleeper and trailer and dump the load all over the highway and shut it down for 8 hours. Life has a way of putting things in perspective, I don't let much bother me anymore, I have dealt with some real issues over the years. I have completely enjoyed this thread, it was a lot of fun.

You're definitely a cool dude. :D

I did make a short vid to show the draw and placement on my body how I ware this fanny pack. I also have my crossbreed gun belt on and the fanny pack is looped through the gun belt. This is how I normally ware this rig unless I'm on my bicycle then it is only secured with the attached strap.

On another note I just replaced the lanyard to draw the weapon and added a new Paracord handle to the front to draw the weapon. This is a new feature I added and the 1st time I used it. I did not edit out any flaws in drawing the weapon, the top zipper does have a habit of getting caught on the rear sight of the 1911. This is raw, I like to put things in the light of day.

http://youtu.be/jpJULhT0SlI

I did make a short vid to show the draw and placement on my body how I ware this fanny pack. I also have my crossbreed gun belt on and the fanny pack is looped through the gun belt. This is how I normally ware this rig unless I'm on my bicycle then it is only secured with the attached strap.

On another note I just replaced the lanyard to draw the weapon and added a new Paracord handle to the front to draw the weapon. This is a new feature I added and the 1st time I used it. I did not edit out any flaws in drawing the weapon, the top zipper does have a habit of getting caught on the rear sight of the 1911. This is raw, I like to put things in the light of day.

http://youtu.be/jpJULhT0SlI

The rear trillium sight on the 1911 has a habit of catching the top zipper when drawing the weapon. If I felt a situation escalating I might make sure the top zipper was past the rear sight as I may cast a moment in drawing the weapon. I do suspect however that heat of the moment might make this a non issue.

on another note the new paracord handle on the front is a win win with me. It certainly does make for a much easier grab to open the fanny pack and access the weapon.

Back
Top Bottom