This is how bad the .22LR shortage has become

The shelves at Walmart are now starting to fill up again, finally.

#necropost #coyote33IsAtItAgain

at least around metrowest the .22 prices at walmarts are still in the 8.5-10c per round. I've been doing better buying the 325 round boxes of fed automatch at a little over 6c/round. The Winchester in the red 100 boxes and CCI that Walmart has been stocking (or is left when I shop) isn't cost effective next to Dicks/Cabela's pricing

Last edited:
I thought the shortage ended November 8th

No, it was only last weekend that there was more than .22 shorts available. It's about time! I've been checking all along. Luckily, I had plenty on hand. Now it is time to restock my own shelves.

I was doing some organization last night. Thought to myself that I have a bunch of .22lr, why not count it.

23000rds later I still feel like I don't have enough. Haven't bought .22lr since 2008, current pricing is better than recent years, but still stupid expensive.

#necropost #coyote33IsAtItAgain

at least around metrowest the .22 prices at walmarts are still in the 8.5-10c per round. I've been doing better buying the 325 round boxes of fed automatch at a little over 6c/round. The Winchester in the red 100 boxes and CCI that Walmart has been stocking (or is left when I shop) isn't cost effective next to Dicks/Cabela's pricing

WTF?!?!?! I don't do dicks, but I've never seen a deal on ammo from cabela's! Wally world always has cheap CCI mini-mag prices, I just picked up 500 a few hours ago, 6.8c/rnd.

WTF?!?!?! I don't do dicks, but I've never seen a deal on ammo from cabela's! Wally world always has cheap CCI mini-mag prices, I just picked up 500 a few hours ago, 6.8c/rnd.

You're green and live in NH, you should have been watching this thread in the members section.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/229263-Palmetto-State-Armory-Daily-Deals

A month ago they had Federal .22's for 4.36 cents a round and free shipping if you bought 5 or more boxes.

This^

I guess Coyote33 doesn't get out much, I've been swimming in .22's since last Spring.

The prices have even fallen back to reasonable levels too.

April 2017, I was in NC, and could not believe I actually saw .22 boxes on a shelf in a sporting goods store (pricey, though). I get to Walmart maybe every 3 weeks, and every time I go, I have been checking since April. They had some .22 shorts maybe by May/June, but nothing else until last week.

Last edited:
You're green and live in NH, you should have been watching this thread in the members section.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/229263-Palmetto-State-Armory-Daily-Deals

A month ago they had Federal .22's for 4.36 cents a round and free shipping if you bought 5 or more boxes.

I'm pretty well stocked on 22, I was just getting my beer at walmart and happened by the ammo section. I think last time I was there they had CCI as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely!!

"reasonable" prices for .22 won't exist until a 550 pack of Xpert goes for $5.95 at Walmart again.

OK, I'll work in a reasonable inflation rate from 2000 to today. . . . . $11.59.

That said, I did some organization of the ammo cabinet over the weekend. I'm good for a while. I forgot how many new-opening Walmarts I took advantage of during "the difficult years." Strange that there was only 3-4 people there at opening each time.

Back
Top Bottom