This from Brownells

I got 2 Anderson lowers for $59 ea out the door at J&S guns in acushnet. A small premium to pay but he made money, and there was no shipping or transfer fee.
View attachment 118991View attachment 118992

good deal, its a tad of a drive for me to J&S and would have cost me to much in gas and time.
its nice to see the discounted lowers actually at a discount price in MA. I paid 43$ for my lower and that was retail they advertised dealing pricing also. Im guessing 10 or more for dealer prices?
Its all fun......

picked up my two lowers tonight for a total of 73.50 out the door. Definitely better fit/finish then the Remsport or Anderson lowers I own and for even less money.

So, that means it is now $69 without shipping fees.

Are these decent lowers?

We handled that transfer. $20.

as we have received many of these brownells knows we are ok with it and are no longer asking us of its ok every single Time.

Is that $20 per lower, or can you do multiple lowers for $20?

If we could get the lower, the shipping, and the transfer all together, that would make a FANTASTIC group buy, if we could get them to knock a little off if everyone went to PPF for maybe 100-200 lowers.

On a similar note, is everybody on the email list for Ares Armor? Some nice Black Friday sales the past few days. BCG for $65 was sold out, but is now back in stock. Today's stripped upper for $39 looks nice. Who knows what is coming next.

http://aresarmor.com/store/Category/BlackFridayDeals

How are these BCG's? So many names out there, hard to tell one from another. I think the things to look for are shot-peened, MPI tested, and Mil-Spec, right?

Color me stupid - but why do FFLs charge $20/lower for a transfer? I haven't been on the other side of the counter, so I really don't know. The 4473 is now digital, right? And you don't have to do an eFA-10. So am I ignorant to assume that doing 5 lowers takes as much time as 1 lower? The only reason I ask, is because that's exactly what's stopping me from buying things at the moment - I want one of these, maybe one of those, one of these. I (may) combine on shipping to save money - only to get hit up 5 times at $20 a transfer.

Maybe there's a processing fee per registered item that I don't know about and thus the cost - but I really don't know. Insight anyone?

If PPF were doing $40 or $50 for a 5-pack transfer on some lowers, I'd be finding my credit card right now and placing an order. But when I say "$100 for a transfer of 5 lowers" out loud, I knee jerk and say, eh I don't need more lowers right now.

Color me stupid - but why do FFLs charge $20/lower for a transfer? I haven't been on the other side of the counter, so I really don't know. The 4473 is now digital, right? And you don't have to do an eFA-10. So am I ignorant to assume that doing 5 lowers takes as much time as 1 lower? The only reason I ask, is because that's exactly what's stopping me from buying things at the moment - I want one of these, maybe one of those, one of these. I (may) combine on shipping to save money - only to get hit up 5 times at $20 a transfer.

Maybe there's a processing fee per registered item that I don't know about and thus the cost - but I really don't know. Insight anyone?

If PPF were doing $40 or $50 for a 5-pack transfer on some lowers, I'd be finding my credit card right now and placing an order. But when I say "$100 for a transfer of 5 lowers" out loud, I knee jerk and say, eh I don't need more lowers right now.

Its like anything else there is a cost associated with being a FFL and doing the transfers, I dont know what that cost is though?
FFL who did my transfers for the lowers charged me 70$ for 5 normal transfer is 35$ I walked in to my FFL and watched the whole process from opening box to walking out the door was 10min. So seven bucks a minute. all the shops with in a reasonable drive to be either where not interested or wanted 25+ for each lower. So in the end what do you do. My lowers cost me 57$ each TOTAL just cant get much cheaper than that. I didnt travel outside my daily route or spend extra money on pit stops.

Its like anything else there is a cost associated with being a FFL and doing the transfers, I dont know what that cost is though?
FFL who did my transfers for the lowers charged me 70$ for 5 normal transfer is 35$ I walked in to my FFL and watched the whole process from opening box to walking out the door was 10min. So seven bucks a minute. all the shops with in a reasonable drive to be either where not interested or wanted 25+ for each lower. So in the end what do you do. My lowers cost me 57$ each TOTAL just cant get much cheaper than that. I didnt travel outside my daily route or spend extra money on pit stops.

For me, I have to drive at minimum 25 minutes to get a transfer done. If a FFL started to "package" transfers, I'd be on it like a fat kid and cake. Heck, local Meinike balanced one snow tire for me for $6! I was getting quotes from the dealership for $200 for 4! Just to balance 4 mounted snow tires on steel rims! The hard part was done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, I have to drive at minimum 25 minutes to get a transfer done. If a FFL started to "package" transfers, I'd be on it like a fat kid and cake. Heck, local Meinike balanced one snow tire for me for $6! I was getting quotes from the dealership for $200 for 4! Just to balance 4 mounted snow tires on steel rims! The hard part was done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im lucky enough to work real close to a FFL for transfers....other than that they dont offer much for me inventory wise. Sadly though If I cant order direct from vendor and just give the vendor the FFL license copy they will not order anything in for you...what ever each FFL dealer has there ups and downs....Still a few out there that when you wave cash around they are more serious with your offers.

Color me stupid - but why do FFLs charge $20/lower for a transfer? I haven't been on the other side of the counter, so I really don't know.

To pay for all the overhead of running a gun shop and all the bullshit that that entails. Gotta make money somewhere. Things might be different if we still lived in an era where every 4th gun owner had an 01 FFL and ran it out of their basement with minimal overhead other than the license fee. Those days are long gone, like the $80 crates of golden tiger AK ammo from 2004. [laugh]

If you're buying a bunch/multiples at once most of the good dealers will probably do a bundle deal with you, if you agree to come in at a time when it's not busy for them. This is something I don't even bother to ask for because $20 a lower is "****ING FREE" [laugh] where I come from. It's hard enough to get a dealer in MA that will transfer a lower without shitting their pants over the prospect so I tend to reward them with my money.

-Mike

Last edited:
I completely agree. 20 bucks for a transfer is nothing considering the 35-50 charge any other shop will charge you if they don't flat out decline and offer you something they have in stock. I love PPF, Johnny is a cool dude to talk to, transfers are incredibly fast and at 20 bucks unbeatable. I could have technically gotten the transfers free last week because PPF was offering free transfers to former military which I did not know or ask for but still a good deal. People just keep talking about Transfer fee, shipping charge and the 7 dollar processing fee and not looking at the big picture which is that you can get two first quality Bushmaster lower receivers for 73.50 out the door.

I just used coupon GS4 and you get free shipping at $50. You just need to add something in your cart so your order totals more than $50. So I stand corrected from my previous post it's a good deal.

Mike did you pay shipping or did you have a code? I just got off the phone with John and I am trying to get two shipped his way also, just trying to avoid the 15.95 in shipping

On a similar note, is everybody on the email list for Ares Armor? Some nice Black Friday sales the past few days. BCG for $65 was sold out, but is now back in stock. Today's stripped upper for $39 looks nice. Who knows what is coming next.

http://aresarmor.com/store/Category/BlackFridayDeals

Hahahahaha...
http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/Polymer-80-Black
Ares notice to BATFE said:
NOTICE TO BATFE GOONS AND JACKBOOTED THUGS: This Product not only complies with the GCA of 1968 but also complies with your arbitrarily and capriciously moved goal post and your unlawful attempts to create law. It is Solid Core and has no Indexing Marks. I DO BITE MY THUMB AT YOU, SIR! I DO BITE MY THUMB AT YOU!

Sorry, I had to laugh
[rofl]

Here are the two lowers.
7e0db28e2ade6aeb71d8c647110f7e22.jpg

Back
Top Bottom