This from Brownells

Grab them while you can (no, not my avatar's tits....those are mine)....the next time we have a mass shooting these things will again triple in value. Those that are not willing to learn from the past are doomed to repeat it! (Someone said that somewhere once)

Last edited:
brownells shipping is not always the best. there are a few shops that have lowers for 70$ or less. I picked up 5 for free shipping and a FFL dealer willing to take them in. total. was 57$ ea.

Adding the transfer fee is going to apply to every receiver you buy....the receiver looks to me to be $65 shipped

correct 20$ is the lowest posted in this thread though. I got 17$ea vs 30$ from local store on 5 lowers. which turned out to be about 7$ minute for the FFL.

Adding the transfer fee is going to apply to every receiver you buy....the receiver looks to me to be $65 shipped

I know many places do that, but try and avoid them. The LGS I use charged me $10 total last time for all the transfers. When Adam at Acme was my LGS, he did a similar thing. Their published price is a little more than I pay but repeat business support of your LGS goes a long way. This shop will not charge for each transfer and does follow MA law, not doing FA-10s on receivers only.

I know many places do that, but try and avoid them. The LGS I use charged me $10 total last time for all the transfers. When Adam at Acme was my LGS, he did a similar thing. Their published price is a little more than I pay but repeat business support of your LGS goes a long way. This shop will not charge for each transfer and does follow MA law, not doing FA-10s on receivers only.

This is good, I accepted my LGS "deal" on transfer of the 5 lowers was better than the 25$+ other shops wanted for each lower. Also didnt get the WTF why dont you buy a lower from me response.... "I dont want to pay 100$ + for a lower or 80$ for a poly?" The way I see it the LGS that did my transfer made 420$ hr on average! vs 50 $ per lower x5?

Doesn't seem like a good deal with the shipping and the $7 fee.
Eh, until some whacko decides to go nuts in a school again and everyone goes FR buying all the crap they can get their hands on. Having a few lowers at that price point will look awesome when they're going for $300 or so EACH in the stores.

The way I look at it, no matter how you get a stripped lower, either buying online and transferring, or buying off the shelf at the LGS, as long as you are in the sub $100 range, you're doing OK. It is such a small part of the overall cost of the rifle, that a $15-20 difference really doesn't mean too much. You can easily lose that in shipping the rest of your parts if you aren't smart about consolidating your purchases.

Once you finish your rifle, you'll think nothing of spending $15 on a new mag catch with a witty saying etched into it, right?

It doesn't hurt to have a few extras lying around for a rainy day.

The way I look at it, no matter how you get a stripped lower, either buying online and transferring, or buying off the shelf at the LGS, as long as you are in the sub $100 range, you're doing OK. It is such a small part of the overall cost of the rifle, that a $15-20 difference really doesn't mean too much. You can easily lose that in shipping the rest of your parts if you aren't smart about consolidating your purchases.

Once you finish your rifle, you'll think nothing of spending $15 on a new mag catch with a witty saying etched into it, right?

It doesn't hurt to have a few extras lying around for a rainy day.

This is very true, shipping can rape you if your not careful some places minimum shipping is 10$ plus for even the smallest of orders. Then you blow a cork when it shows up USPS envelope with 2.29 postage on it!

Just received a shipping notice after getting the following this morning:

Dear xxxx,

We greatly appreciate your recently placed order - #xxxx - that included a $49.99 Bushmaster AR-15 lower receiver, item #100-003-638. We expected this would be a popular product given the incredible price point; however, sales of these lowers have been much higher than expected.
Due to this incredible demand, we are experiencing processing and shipping delays on this product. We have reassigned staff to help accommodate the number of orders, but please expect delays of up to ten (10) business days.

In order to assist us, please be sure we have a valid copy of the FFL's license, AND that the copy is current. We must also have express permission (written or verbal) from the FFL that he/she is willing to accept shipment of your order. If you have not provided us with FFL information, your order will be placed on hold. For more information on FFL-restricted item purchases, click here. BUSHMASTER FIREARMS INT.LLC. - AR-15 STRIPPED LOWER RECEIVER
**If you've already received your order, or provided us with a valid FFL who's given consent for us to ship your order, please disregard this message.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Rest assured our team is working hard to process your order, and we will honor the $49.99 price, so long as your order was placed during the "Back In Black Rifle Event" promotion.

Again, thank you for your order! If you have questions or concerns, please email us at [email protected].
Brownells Customer Service Team

I got 2 Anderson lowers for $59 ea out the door at J&S guns in acushnet. A small premium to pay but he made money, and there was no shipping or transfer fee.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415358650.843982.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415358671.793491.jpg

Back
Top Bottom