Thinking of getting a 1911

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glocks 21 > any 1911

Double stack 1911 holds more , and when u run out of ammo you can beat some one with it . Some times being a little heavy pays off.

You know how I like them a little thick.

ytunyze2.jpg

Try to find an STI Spartan for $600 or a used STI Trojan. much better guns than what is currently being offered in MA

I'd stay away from Ruger. They are having quality control issues, guns rusting and sights falling off.

OP wants a 1911, Why try to talk him out of it?
The 1911 is a masterpiece and everyone should have at least one in their collection.

Because it is an irresponsible gun to own. Why would you own a gun with PROVEN reliability issues, when for less money you can own a more modern, infinitely more reliable gun? I don't want any gun that will **** me over the day I need it.

1911s are notorious for being finicky pieces of shit. 1911 fans don't even argue in it's defense, they simply try to justify it's shitty design. Whenever I go shooting with a buddy and they break out a 1911 I always know it's going to be a shitty day filled with excuses. "Just use FMJ", "It needs to be broken in", "needs more oil", "must be dirty", "crappy ammo", etc. are all I ever hear.

A Glock 21, HK 45, Sig P220, are all guns of similar size and the same caliber, but are much more reliable guns.

Wow. No one caught me trolling [sad2]

Your existence is the longest recorded trolling session in history.

Ruger SR1911 is a phenomenal and reliable rig. Accurate and dependable. And the price is VERY right.

Because it is an irresponsible gun to own. Why would you own a gun with PROVEN reliability issues, when for less money you can own a more modern, infinitely more reliable gun? I don't want any gun that will **** me over the day I need it.

1911s are notorious for being finicky pieces of shit. 1911 fans don't even argue in it's defense, they simply try to justify it's shitty design. Whenever I go shooting with a buddy and they break out a 1911 I always know it's going to be a shitty day filled with excuses. "Just use FMJ", "It needs to be broken in", "needs more oil", "must be dirty", "crappy ammo", etc. are all I ever hear.

Lots of companies make shitty 1911, not a design issue but a manufacturing issue. If only one quality company made 1911, then they would run. But everyone wants a make a cheap 1911, so they skimp on parts and hack it together. Then people that know nothing about 1911, buy them and bad mouth the design when they should complain about the company that built it.

You should hang out with people that have quality guns

No malfunctions, just bad ammo, right? [laugh]

OP, buy a Sig P220. It's in your price range and a much better, more reliable gun.
If you just want 45ACP then the Sig p220 is what you want. If you want an old style auto hand gun, then a Ruger 1911 is probably your best option for the money.

StevensMarksman

I'd stay away from Ruger. They are having quality control issues, guns rusting and sights falling off.

Besides a few people here with sight issues, and only myself here with a rusting issue, (which has been taken care of, and for all I know, my fault) do you have any proof to back that statement up?

If they have made 1 million 1911's since they started making them, (which I bet is pretty close) I wouldn't call a couple dozen even QC issues. If it's even a couple dozen.

A broken sight that costs $5, is just a reason for me to upgrade the sights.

For a 'cheap' 1911, mine is overall well built and pretty damn tight.

A Glock 21, HK 45, Sig P220, are all guns of similar size and the same caliber, but are much more reliable guns.

You are no smarter than a flea on a dogs as$. Need money to go green or are you also a cheap f#ck?

Last edited:

I'm not a Ruger hater by any means, but there is a very serious issue with some of their current QC issues. I have been to two stores lately and seen rust around the front sight on SR9c models

I really hope 1911's are the problem Internet armchair commandos make them out to be. I just picked up a s&w e series and as soon as I find enough ammo I look forward to giving it a beat run. I don't like fussy guns or guns that don't work so my 1911 experience could be short.

Last edited:
Besides a few people here with sight issues, and only myself here with a rusting issue, (which has been taken care of, and for all I know, my fault) do you have any proof to back that statement up?

If they have made 1 million 1911's since they started making them, (which I bet is pretty close) I wouldn't call a couple dozen even QC issues. If it's even a couple dozen.

A broken sight that costs $5, is just a reason for me to upgrade the sights.

For a 'cheap' 1911, mine is overall well built and pretty damn tight.

Do a search on the internet, lots of people are having the same issues. Ruger sells the gun to people outside NES

"pretty damn tight" do you even know what to look for in a properly built 1911, or do you just try wiggling the slide?

Do a search on the internet, lots of people are having the same issues. Ruger sells the gun to people outside NES

"pretty damn tight" do you even know what to look for in a properly built 1911, or do you just try wiggling the slide?
Clearly they are sold outside of NES, that's why I asked YOU do you have any facts to back up your statement?? Links, how many people effected, which models, etc etc? Or do you just always type, "Buy a Spartan, it's better." "Lots of people having issues" can mean 10 people or 1,000.

I should specify and say I am just talking about slide/frame fit, barrel lock up, etc. For a $700 or less gun, that's all I expect.

Last edited:

None of those have the trigger pull or the ergonomics, nor can they be infinitely customized like the 1911.

None of those have the trigger pull or the ergonomics, nor can they be infinitely customized like the 1911.

Not to mention the 220 being the clunkiest, heaviest single stack handgun ever made. HK is cool if you want to play seal team six. The glock 21 is a good platform, but the 30 is a better option. At least with a glock the trigger can be worked/upgraded and there are plenty of aftermarket options

Last edited:
Lots of companies make shitty 1911, not a design issue but a manufacturing issue. If only one quality company made 1911, then they would run. But everyone wants a make a cheap 1911, so they skimp on parts and hack it together. Then people that know nothing about 1911, buy them and bad mouth the design when they should complain about the company that built it.

You should hang out with people that have quality guns

RUger, Sig, S&W, Remington, Kimber are some of the guns I have seen with feeding issues. At least 1 FTF out of every 2-3 mags. Manufacturing isn't the issue, the design is flawed.

If you just want 45ACP then the Sig p220 is what you want. If you want an old style auto hand gun, then a Ruger 1911 is probably your best option for the money.

StevensMarksman

If you want a quality reliable "old style" handgun, get a Makarov. Those guns are the AK of the handgun world and will run 100%, and for the price of a 1911 you can buy a Glock 21 for a .45, and get the Makarov for the history.

You are no smarter than a flea on a dogs as$. Need money to go green are you also a cheap f#ck?

I have plans to go green as soon as I can go one week without someone telling me to. Thanks for resetting the counter.

Clearly they are sold outside of NES, that's why I asked YOU do you have any facts to back up your statement?? Links, how many people effected, which models, etc etc? Or do you just always type, "Buy a Spartan, it's better." "Lots of people having issues" can mean 10 people or 1,000.

I should specify and say I am just talking about slide/frame fit, barrel lock up, etc. For a $700 or less gun, that's all I expect.

Links? go to google for links. And the spartan is a better gun for the price, built by a better company that specializes in 1911s.
slide/frame, barrel lockup, how do you check for proper barrel lockup?

RUger, Sig, S&W, Remington, Kimber are some of the guns I have seen with feeding issues. At least 1 FTF out of every 2-3 mags. Manufacturing isn't the issue, the design is flawed.

Maybe it's you being around them, that is causing them to fail.

Again, mine has been 100%. As well as a lot of other people on this board I'm sure.

[mg]

If you want a quality reliable "old style" handgun, get a Makarov. Those guns are the AK of the handgun world and will run 100%, and for the price of a 1911 you can buy a Glock 21 for a .45, and get the Makarov for the history.

I have plans to go green as soon as I can go one week without someone telling me to. Thanks for resetting the counter.

7 months of free loading, no respect here.

Links? go to google for links. And the spartan is a better gun for the price, built by a better company that specializes in 1911s.

Spartan is probably a better 1911 maker, I didn't say that. You're still avoiding my question, so I guess I will avoid yours. [thinking]

You said, "Ruger has QC issues, buy elsewhere" pretty much. I know I can search Google just fine. You brought it up, with no evidence, not me.

Supermoto, Maybe you could explain for the rest of us that are actually curious?

Spartan is probably a better 1911 maker, I didn't say that. You're still avoiding my question, so I guess I will avoid yours. [thinking]

You said, "Ruger has QC issues, buy elsewhere" pretty much. I know I can search Google just fine. You brought it up, with no evidence, not me.

Sorry Neil, but like I said I have seen two rusty sr9's in gun shops in the past 3 days... I don't think it's not real.

I don't think that means ruger is a bad company as I have had s&w fall apart on me as well. I do think there is a serious QC issue going on

Sorry Neil, but like I said I have seen two rusty sr9's in gun shops in the past 3 days... I don't think it's not real.

I don't think that means ruger is a bad company as I have had s&w fall apart on me as well. I did think there is a serious QC issue going on

I understand what you're saying. They very well may have 2 million rusty guns floating around out there, but unless someone shows me proof, it's all just speculation and internet pillow talk.

I understand what you're saying. They very well may have 2 million rusty guns floating around out there, but unless someone shows me proof, it's all just speculation and internet pillow talk.

Just as S&W didn't formally announce that they had an issue with rust on some of their early M&Ps or that their early BG380's had firing pins and takedown levers that would break I seriously doubt Ruger will make a formal announcement that a percentage of their guns had a rust or QC issues. Doesn't change the fact that there was a pretty sizable number of firearms effected

Maybe it's you being around them, that is causing them to fail.

Again, mine has been 100%. As well as a lot of other people on this board I'm sure.

How many rounds through it? How many in one sitting?

7 months of free loading, no respect here.

Free loading? You clearly have no ****ing idea how the internet works. I didn't kick in the $21 (or whatever it is), but me being here is generating revenue for the site owner. The more visitors you have, the more you can charge for ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom