TheHighRoad.org Down???

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Have not been able to get on TheHighRoad.org for the last...two days? Anyone else having this problem? It used to be my favorite site before NES came along.

Oh noes! Wherever will we discuss TEOTWAWKI!

I like the reloading, gunsmithing, and classifieds sections.

The End of the World as we Know It.... TEOTWAWKI

Read disaster scenarios, government and economic collapse, plague wiping out most of the world's population, zombies, pictures of Rosie O'Donnell naked....

Most discussions involve how to survive, and especially, what guns and ammo choices would be correct.

The End of the World as we Know It.... TEOTWAWKI

Read disaster scenarios, government and economic collapse, plague wiping out most of the world's population, zombies, pictures of Rosie O'Donnell naked....

Most discussions involve how to survive, and especially, what guns and ammo choices would be correct.

There's lots of those types of threads over there. I remember a spirited discussion about whether or not one should have a portable defibrillator in ones "bug out bag" [thinking]. Give me a break.

Frosty,

On a related topic, does this quote from your sig...

"This thread started on stupid and went downhill from there."
Mike Coronach - THR Moderator

...come from the "Stuffing a Hollowpoint with Poop" thread?" If so, I was a proud contributor and got IBTL.

Frosty,

On a related topic, does this quote from your sig...

Quote:
"This thread started on stupid and went downhill from there."
Mike Coronach - THR Moderator

...come from the "Stuffing a Hollowpoint with Poop" thread?" If so, I was a proud contributor and got IBTL.

I actually cannot remember which thread it was. All I remembered was the quote. Which unfortunately applies to far too many internet discussions.

[smile]

This is interesting:

Are we theorizing that THR is offline as a domestic terrorist attack to impede any current activism for either HR1022 or the McCain/Kennedy amnesty bill?
Yes, that is a theory that has been circulating. I believed it was born on the night that THR, Glocktalk and AR15.com all went down simultaneously.
That was posted on 5/21 over on The Firing Line. Does NES come under attack, also, but Derek and Co. has things so secure they can't make a dent (that's my theory! [wink]). But to have all three of them down at once does sound like a concerted effort to disrupt the good gun boards!

Even the most tin-foil hat resistant people acknowledged that was a bit much to chalk up to coincidence.
Yea, what he said!

But who knows. Could be a pimple-nosed juvenile with too much time and not enough attention.
I'd like to think so, but.....[rolleyes]

Pretty good forum over there although it does not give me the warm and fuzzy feeling that Northeastshooters does... registered anyhow to keep aware.

Whew! Now I can finally go over there and ask, "What's the best self-defense ammo for a S&W .500."

Don't worry about them. Most S&W's, including the .500 are friendly creatures that rarely attack unless you attempt to take them out of their dens in someone else's home or threaten their masters. [wink]

Ken

TheHighRoad (along with one or two other sites IIRC) were the target of a malicious attack. I can't remember the exact technical phrase but I think it's a denial of service by flooding their server in such a manner as to shut down access.

Now, I am not a conspiracy theorist by nature but that combined with some other things that are happening points towards a coordinated effort against law-abiding gun owners.

"Once is happenstance.
Twice is coincidence.
But the third time is enemy action."

TheHighRoad (along with one or two other sites IIRC) were the target of a malicious attack. I can't remember the exact technical phrase but I think it's a denial of service by flooding their server in such a manner as to shut down access.

Now, I am not a conspiracy theorist by nature but that combined with some other things that are happening points towards a coordinated effort against law-abiding gun owners.

"Once is happenstance.
Twice is coincidence.
But the third time is enemy action."

Thanks for the info - I hadn't heard about that. What exactly are these "other things" you are referring to? Inquiring minds want to stay informed.

Back
Top Bottom