• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"The US should be ashamed..." or, How the Norway shooting is your fault.

Why are we calling them high capacity mags still? It's a phrase THEY started. Technically, they are regular magazines. The magazine in which the gun was designed to take. A 30 rounder for an AR is not a high capacity magazine in that the gun was designed for a 30 round magazine. It's regular capacity.
Just saying, don't fall into their doublespeak traps.

The antis are the ones doing that more than anything else. Then again, who really cares whether there is a drum mag on it or a 5 rounder.

Mcarthy is just a dumb bitch running her mouth again, same s**t different day.

-Mike

At least she didn't start babbling on about barrel shrouds and "shoulder things that go up."

I actually kinda wish she would have brought that up, that way everyone would know how dumb she really is- I think a sack of wet mice or hammers is smarter by a couple orders of magnitude.

-Mike

What does the magazine have to do with anything in Norway? When it takes 90 minutes for police to respond, you can kill 70 people with a muzzle loader.

Congresswoman McCarthy is an example of the EXACT thing that is wrong with this country. Too much of the population is on her bandwagon. Too many people have gone from a sense of national pride, loving their country, and propelling it from 13 colonies that told the British Empire to screw to the preeminent super power on the planet, to this:

"There should be a lot of shame," Rep. Carolyn McCarthy told Politico. "We’re sending a death warrant to other parts of the world."

We now should feel ashamed of everything we do, because someone someplace else that has little to nothing to do with US is having problems that we did not create. The world isnt fair McCarthy, and you were elected to serve the American people not some country in Europe, GET OVER IT.

Why are we calling them high capacity mags still? It's a phrase THEY started. Technically, they are regular magazines. The magazine in which the gun was designed to take. A 30 rounder for an AR is not a high capacity magazine in that the gun was designed for a 30 round magazine. It's regular capacity.
Just saying, don't fall into their doublespeak traps.

Well the 30 rounder came later. That's why the 20s work better. [wink]

Exactly. It wasn't the fault of the lunatic that caused them so much pain and took away their loved ones, it was the inanimate object (the gun) that is responsible. Because the people that commited those crimes where normal, law-abiding citizens until they came across the gun and instantaneously turned into Rambo [rolleyes]

Don't you just love the way the liberal mind works?

So now they want to take from the rest of us responsible citizens the freedom to protect ourselves and our families. I wonder if they would support imprisoing or taking the freedoms from all muslums in this country based on the acts of a few lunatics on 9/11? Or end gun rights just for women based on the Huntsville shooting?

Here's the problem:

Random violence is scary. Anyone can do it including the quiet man sitting next to you. There is NO WAY to prevent it. Some people can't deal with that. Most of us do what we can to be prepared for such a situation, recognized that statistically it's unlikely to happen to us and live our lives. People who don't understand that there are just some things you DO NOT have control over aren't satisfied with that and keep thinking of ways to exert control. If they can't prevent the maniac from going nuts, the figure they'll ban all guns so he won't have anything to go nuts WITH and that way they have a much better chance of surviving if something DID happen. You or I deal with that by the notion of 'hey, I want a gun so I can defend myself if there's a maniac. THEY don't LIKE guns so they want to make them all go away.

We know how flawed that logic is. A 120 pound woman isn't going to be able to stop a 210 maniac unless she's one bad-ass martial arts chick OR has a gun - but logic has nothing to do with it and that argument destroys their fallacy of being 'in control' again. Hell, look at what they call it. Gun CONTROL. It really IS about being a control freak.

I sent McCarthy a letter a few years ago explaining that all the gun control laws in the world wouldn't bring her dead husband back.

Time to send another one this weekend.

I sent McCarthy a letter a few years ago explaining that all the gun control laws in the world wouldn't bring her dead husband back.

Time to send another one this weekend.

did you put in there that if HE had been carrying he and 6 other people might still be alive today?

Here's the problem:

Random violence is scary. Anyone can do it including the quiet man sitting next to you. There is NO WAY to prevent it. Some people can't deal with that. Most of us do what we can to be prepared for such a situation, recognized that statistically it's unlikely to happen to us and live our lives. People who don't understand that there are just some things you DO NOT have control over aren't satisfied with that and keep thinking of ways to exert control. If they can't prevent the maniac from going nuts, the figure they'll ban all guns so he won't have anything to go nuts WITH and that way they have a much better chance of surviving if something DID happen. You or I deal with that by the notion of 'hey, I want a gun so I can defend myself if there's a maniac. THEY don't LIKE guns so they want to make them all go away.

We know how flawed that logic is. A 120 pound woman isn't going to be able to stop a 210 maniac unless she's one bad-ass martial arts chick OR has a gun - but logic has nothing to do with it and that argument destroys their fallacy of being 'in control' again. Hell, look at what they call it. Gun CONTROL. It really IS about being a control freak.

Great analysis and excellant points. I totally agree that Gun Control is less about guns and more about control. People support it out of fear and Pols support it to gain more power over the people.

Here's the problem:

I think you hit the nail on the head here - this is one of the best analysis I've seen on how the anti mind "works".

OK lets put this in perspective. If I lived somewhere where most guns were banned and carrying one was too and I were to grab any gun ever made. Grab a bunch of 5 round magazines. Would it be impossible for me to shoot 70+ people or would I get too tired reloading magazines while everyone tried to run and hide? It makes perfect sense to me now.

I feel ashamed I don't own more guns!

I am ashamed that I consider myself a gun enthusiast but don't actually have any of these evil "high capacity" magazines yet.
An AR build is definitely going to be my next big gun purchase...

if this chick hates america with it's constitutionally guaranteed rights as well as it's technological advances, she should immediatlely cease and desist representing it. we'll try not to let the door hit 'er in the a$$ on the way out....

I have an idea what if instead we just cut off everyone's trigger finger I mean after all it's not the person who is in control of the finger but the finger just kills people when in proximity with "banana clips"!!!

Yes comrade.. Violence against american citizens who do not share your views. And how is this tactic is different than the communist and muslims that you hate so much?

Well, my tactic would be different because I'd like to get rid of only about 550 people, not 312,000,000. [thinking]

The reaction to the heinous Oslo attack by Norway's political class has been exactly the opposite: a steadfast refusal to succumb to hysteria and a security-über-alles mentality. The day after the attack -- one which, per capita, was as significant for Norway as 9/11 was for the U.S. -- Oslo Mayor Fabian Stang, when asked whether greater security measures were needed, sternly rejected that notion: "I don't think security can solve problems. We need to teach greater respect."

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn_greenwald/2011/07/28/norway

And we are the home of the free...[thinking]

No: it is defined by a belief that there are other values besides security that matter a great deal and that pursuing security above all other values, in a quest for absolute safety, is both self-destructive and futile.

This realization was once not only common in the American political ethos, but its defining feature.

Well, now I am ashamed. We have just been called out on our willingness to give up our freedom by a European country.

I have an idea what if instead we just cut off everyone's trigger finger I mean after all it's not the person who is in control of the finger but the finger just kills people when in proximity with "banana clips"!!!

Are you a shill for that guy who comes on here selling point shooting gizmos (chunks of metal) for people to attach to their pistols? (He has this absurd technique that involves using your middle finger to pull the trigger, lol) [laugh]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom