The Second Amendment does NOT give you the right to bear arms.

The Second Amendment does NOT give you the right to bear arms, God does. The 2A prevents the government from infringing on that right.

If anyone argues with you about that, tell them to read the constitution again and stop arguing in bad faith.
A lot of people are either woefully ignorant about this fact or choose to ignore it.

A lot of people are either woefully ignorant about this fact or choose to ignore it.
More than 99% of Americans have not read the bill of rights or the constitution. We have one of the lowest rated education systems in the world. Yet we pay the most in taxes collectively to fund our corrupt government.
I was told at a young age, the government doesn't want us to be "too" educated because if we were, lot's of us would start questioning the government . Btw, did you see the dress that Kim Kardashian wore the other day?

"...THE right of the people..."

The word "the" is the most important word in 2A. The Constitution acknowledges "the right" as a natural right that you're inherently born with. It's not saying the Constitution is granting you the right. It's not saying militas only. Owning and bearing firearms is as innate as breathing air.

Our Founding Fathers won the bloodiest war in the west using firearms (not words, not knives, not love letters, GUNS). You bet they're going to put foundations in place to solidify firearm usage to keep evil in check.

So are we just talking about the Christian god here or would this apply to Muslims as well?

And what about atheists, are they just SOL since they have no god to grant them this right?
FWIW, the God of Mohammed is also the God of Joseph, so yeah, Muslims, Christians and Jews all worship the same God, but can’t agree on a number of specifics hence a thousand years of religious wars.

As to atheists, feel free to be a heathen, it’s also a protected right. God loves you even if you don’t believe... of course, you’re still going to hell for your disbelief.

FWIW, the God of Mohammed is also the God of Joseph, so yeah, Muslims, Christians and Jews all worship the same God, but can’t agree on a number of specifics hence a thousand years of religious wars.

As to atheists, feel free to be a heathen, it’s also a protected right. God loves you even if you don’t believe... of course, you’re still going to hell for your disbelief.

I know that, it is the God of Abraham. What about all the other 4000+ religions in the world that do not worship that particular god?

But atheists don't believe in heaven or hell so I guess they go nowhere?

What about the deathbed conversion loophole?

Also, Jewish people don't really buy into the hell concept, so there's some ambiguity there also.

But if there's no hell, can there be a heaven? The lack of symmetry bothers me there, seems sort of lopsided.

Last edited:
What about the deathbed conversion loophole?
If it makes you feel better, go for it. The saying “There are no atheists in foxholes” comes to mind...

It was put to me in 9th grade religion that if there is no god, there will be no afterlife so you won’t have a chance to complain about being wrong after the fact. If there is a God and thus an afterlife, believing ensures your place in heaven instead of hell. Made sense to me. 😂

If it makes you feel better, go for it. The saying “There are no atheists in foxholes” comes to mind...

It was put to me in 9th grade religion that if there is no god, there will be no afterlife so you won’t have a chance to complain about being wrong after the fact. If there is a God and thus an afterlife, believing ensures your place in heaven instead of hell. Made sense to me. 😂

So religious belief is an insurance policy of sorts then?

Pascal’s Wager

Pascal’s Wager

I've never been able to accept that God, who created the universe, is also a petty little rule-following jobsworth when it comes to admitting the souls of the deceased to heaven.

Seems more likely to me that He would make a picosecond evaluation of your entire life and the contents of your heart before coming to a decision.

Consider it a "Natural Right." If you believe in (a) God, then you might call it a God-given Right. However, even if you are agnostic or atheist, you still have the "natural right" just by being born. There is no religious test.

Excellent answer, I think you win the internets tonight!

The Second Amendment does NOT give you the right to bear arms, God does. The 2A prevents the government from infringing on that right.

If anyone argues with you about that, tell them to read the constitution again and stop arguing in bad faith.

Thank You Captain Obvious.

Back
Top Bottom