The RAT list has increased

CrackPot

NES Member
This comes from a discussion on the r/MAGuns legal thread. Apparently we have some shops in MA selling the HK USC to FID holders (hell, I am one). Hunter's Trading Post in Weymouth proudly told one of their customers that they had called the FRB to turn in one of these shops stating that such a sale is completely illegal.

Two comments on this. First, NO shop in MA should be calling the FRB on any other shop. This is completely and totally unacceptable. I can think of no reason why the FRB needs to be called. It is not the responsibility of one shop to police other shops.

Second, Traders is 100% wrong. 501 CMR 7 clearly covers the topic of what is and what is not a large capacity rifle. Specifically it needs to be on the roster OR it needs to be Capable of Accepting a Large Capacity Feeding Device or Readily Modifiable to Accept a Large Capacity Feeding Device. The CMR changes the plain English meaning of both of these phrases to require that you have a magazine over 10rd AND that it is inserted or partially inserted into the rifle. So if you sell a HK USC with a 10rd magazine, then it if NOT a large capacity weapon. It is therefore perfectly legal for a FID holder.

The reason that this CMR sets up these convoluted definitions, as I understand it, is to allow guns like the Ruger 10/22 and similar nice FUDD guns to be ownable on a FID.

Another case of a MA gun shop thinking they know what the law is. Because they wont do it, it must be illegal.

So add another shop to the list...

Anyone on this board from Hunter's Trading Post care to respond to these "accusations?"

Rats indeed....
F*ck them.

They sell nothing special.
Their prices are not great.
No reason to give them any business when whatever they sell can either be found at the Mill or cheaper online and transfered at the Mill.

Remember when years ago they had that dude working the counter that was waiting for someone to do something so he could shoot them? ... the one with below ZERO (if that is even possible) customer skills.

I was at their new location 2 years ago for a NES deal, while the guy wasn't there, I was still not impressed with the shop.

Anyway to confirm before we exile them to Guns Parlor irrelevance? If they are spreading this misinformation they should be punished by our decision to not buy from them. Not for nothing, do you think PayPal will fine them for spreading misinformation? Asking for a friend.

Another case of a MA gun shop thinking they know what the law is. Because they wont do it, it must be illegal.
Me thinks you bought their bullshit, or are just giving them too much credit. It is more likely capitalism at it's worst. They are just taking out the competition to gain a larger piece of the pie.

There’s at least one other story on here about them calling the cops on a customer in the past. For wanting to buy a Dan Wesson revolver or something.

Me thinks you bought their bullshit, or are just giving them too much credit. It is more likely capitalism at it's worst. They are just taking out the competition to gain a larger piece of the pie.
Bullsh*t. Taking out one small gun store doesn't give them sh*t. They won't gain a single customer from that.

I would understand if they were going after BASS PRO.

What they are doing is being c*nts.

Last edited:
This comes from a discussion on the r/MAGuns legal thread. Apparently we have some shops in MA selling the HK USC to FID holders (hell, I am one). Hunter's Trading Post in Weymouth proudly told one of their customers that they had called the FRB to turn in one of these shops stating that such a sale is completely illegal.

Two comments on this. First, NO shop in MA should be calling the FRB on any other shop. This is completely and totally unacceptable. I can think of no reason why the FRB needs to be called. It is not the responsibility of one shop to police other shops.

Second, Traders is 100% wrong. 501 CMR 7 clearly covers the topic of what is and what is not a large capacity rifle. Specifically it needs to be on the roster OR it needs to be Capable of Accepting a Large Capacity Feeding Device or Readily Modifiable to Accept a Large Capacity Feeding Device. The CMR changes the plain English meaning of both of these phrases to require that you have a magazine over 10rd AND that it is inserted or partially inserted into the rifle. So if you sell a HK USC with a 10rd magazine, then it if NOT a large capacity weapon. It is therefore perfectly legal for a FID holder.

The reason that this CMR sets up these convoluted definitions, as I understand it, is to allow guns like the Ruger 10/22 and similar nice FUDD guns to be ownable on a FID.

So add another shop to the list...
Wow, the more you know. Never knew/saw that messed up definition but yea I guess I’ll take it. Apparently it magically transforms into being a large capacity weapon when you pick up a standard mag while holding the firearm?

Have not been to the new HTP location, but it looks much smaller that the previous site. I will have to say what annoyed me about this shop was having all the ammo behind the counter. They always seem annoyed when I asked if they had a specific caliber or brand. Like it was a hassle to sell ammo.

LOL. Looks like their website got hacked and now just redirects to spamware/malware.

https://htpltd....

Don't click unless you have sufficient countermeasures to ads, trackers, etc. Or just use grandma's computer that is already infected with every computer STD known.
PRO TIP ... never post the full URL if you know it is not good.

Last edited:
Not only there for the 10/22 but also the Mini 14 Rancher. That's why old man Ruger was in favor of magazine capacity limits, since he had already lined up support for his "limited capacity" semi-autos. From Ruger's 1992 interview with Tom Brokaw:

"No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun."

That's cute. but that shop isn't getting crumbs never mind "pie slices" regardless of their competition. It's always been considered more of a fudd shop than anything else. Even if their motives are capitalistic they're just basically just getting high off smelling their own farts......

last time I was in hunters trading post was around 2015. There was a creepy older guy working there. It felt like a used car lot. I left and never returned. exciting story eh.

Not only there for the 10/22 but also the Mini 14 Rancher. That's why old man Ruger was in favor of magazine capacity limits, since he had already lined up support for his "limited capacity" semi-autos. From Ruger's 1992 interview with Tom Brokaw:

"No honest man needs more than 10 rounds in any gun."

Bill Ruger: a pioneer of virtue signaling. Ah well the Ruger leadership as of 2022 clearly doesn’t follow Mr Ruger’s silly beliefs so I don’t hold it against them.

Bullsh*t. Taking out one small gun store doesn't give them sh*t. They won't gain a single customer from that.

I dunno, man. Competitors only want to steal your lunch. They need to be crushed.

Operating a small business unleashes a hidden monster in me. When I was in the carwash biz, I learned that one of my competitors enjoyed his weekends off. So after he filled all his vending machines and coin changer on Friday, and then left town for the weekend, I'd show up with a couple hundred one-dollar bills and clean out his change machine. Anybody who needed quarters had to come to my carwash.

When I was being paid to format manuscripts for self-published authors, some prick decided to offer $25 Word templates. So I responded to this attack on my lunch by offering free downloadable templates in every conceivable word processing program. (I offered free cover art templates, too, to fend off any other wiseass pricks with bright ideas.) Funny thing was that the more people who downloaded my freebies, the more people purchased my paid formatting services.

I used to be kind of an a**h***.

I dunno, man. Competitors only want to steal your lunch. They need to be crushed.

Operating a small business unleashes a hidden monster in me. When I was in the carwash biz, I learned that one of my competitors enjoyed his weekends off. So after he filled all his vending machines and coin changer on Friday, and then left town for the weekend, I'd show up with a couple hundred one-dollar bills and clean out his change machine. Anybody who needed quarters had to come to my carwash.

When I was being paid to format manuscripts for self-published authors, some prick decided to offer $25 Word templates. So I responded to this attack on my lunch by offering free downloadable templates in every conceivable word processing program. (I offered free cover art templates, too, to fend off any other wiseass pricks with bright ideas.) Funny thing was that the more people who downloaded my freebies, the more people purchased my paid formatting services.

That's just thinking outside the box, the level of stink/deviousness there is nothing compared to being a rat.

What they did... In the retail gun business thats not a great way to keep frequent fliers, especially if you're dumb enough to brag about it. A lot of your frequent fliers might have several different shops they use (and it aint because they dont like you, its because different shops literally sell different lines of product sometimes) and announcing that you just did something that is the equivalent of "taking a big shit in the well" by calling Waffen SS on them over fake shit is not exactly smiled upon by the community. Ratting on other shops based on fake legal interps is "way below the belt".

If they want to buy all the ammo from another shop, or they want to offer free handgun safety classes to attract customers, that is one thing (and would be somewhat equivalent to what you did).

What these guys are doing would be like the hardware store in Brighton sending the cops to a hardware store in Framingham and trying to sell it as "less hardware stores, less competition" when no one is going to go to Brighton from Framingham.

In the gun world you have 3 customers:

1. The noobs that don't know sh*t.
2. The major skinflints that touch everything expensive, waste your time and you might be lucky if they spend $10.
3. The guys that know what they want, why they want it, do business with good people and buy several guns per year.

This is going to cost them the #3 customer. I have a gun store 5 min from my house, Hunter's is 15min from me and in between me and the mill there are about 3-5 gun stores and another 5 or so the same distance the Mill is from me.

Do you want to guess why I send my transfers to the Mill and when I bought my new CCW, a 365, that is in stock everywhere I chose to drive to the Mill?

#1 customer above doesn't matter as they will just go to the closest place or Cabelas.

#2 customer is a waste of time. You will be lucky if they buy a Hi-point.

In my opinion, this sh*t costs them the customers that will go out of their way to make sure everyone knows how much they s*ck.

Hunters has always had a reputation for being d*cks, they are reinforcing it with this.

In the gun world you have 3 customers:

1. The noobs that don't know sh*t.
2. The major skinflints that touch everything expensive, waste your time and you might be lucky if they spend $10.
3. The guys that know what they want, why they want it, do business with good people and buy several guns per year.

Hunters has always had a reputation for being d*cks, they are reinforcing it with this.

Bought my first guns there a long time ago when I was customer #1.

Got quickly tired of the rant-like, emotional, and sometimes incorrect d*ckish speeches when I went there.

Bought my first guns there a long time ago when I was customer #1.

Got quickly tired of the rant-like, emotional, and sometimes incorrect d*ckish speeches when I went there.

Reminds me of that place in Shrewsbury that went out of business a while ago, can't remember the name right now.

I was banned from there by the owner lol

Back
Top Bottom