The "Pumpkin Match"..........

......Is now a fond memory.
I dare say everyone had a good time as the folks at Reading put on a good time for all. Many thanks to John and Gurrie.
The pits were my hands-down favorite! (Something about the threat of getting whacked upside the head with a hammer keeps everyone in line!)
I was impressed with the kids from the CT. Jr. Team as well. (Why didn't I get started about 20 years earlier?)
Was surely dissapointed not to see a few more NES celebrities on the firing line, but was pleased with those who did attend.
This was my first time out at 300 and 600 yds. and did a whole lot better than I thought I would.
Not a bad way to bring the season to a close.
I've got a lot to do before things get started next year!
TACJC

KID !!!!!

Isn't there some way to lock those kids in the restrooms until firing is almost over...Just can't compete with someone who doesn’t need trifocals to see the front sight post.

And yes, I too was threatening numerous times in the pits…But that’s what we go for….punishment….

But I must say that all the participants were great. I was actually being coached by one who was a great help. Anyone who says that kids today at misbehaved or spoiled or just plain brats should see these kids in action. I look forward to shooting (and losing) to them again.

It was a fun match. Got to meet Cledus J Crab, rscalzo and Brent. No- show Derek wasn't there. Brent called him around noon and he was still sleeping. Only razzing you Derek, hope you're feeling better.

Yeah.. Joanne is one tough pit bull...I mean pit boss. But she runs a tight ship down there and she really is a nice person.

Frank

I suppose it can be somewhat difficult to keep things running smoothly in the pits, even when everyone knows what they're supposed to do.
I thought it went very well, overall.
But when Joanne talks.............folks listen.
Did you see the 600 yd. score of that young lady from CT?
It was a 197-8X..........all while wearing some bizzare footwear and getting hot brass thrown at her ankles.

Is that what happened to Derek? He was sick?

KID !!

Can't we just ban kids from these matches. They have an unfair advantage....youth...

I must say that the group from CT. and all of the juniors shooting were some of the most pleasant people I've met..Of course they could have been even nicer and dropped a few shots....

During the awards ceremony, I mentioned to a friend that I wish I could have shot half as well as these kids did.
He alerted me to the fact they have young eyes and that "Your youth, my friend, is gone." Talk about gettin' the wind knocked outta me.
I just got started!!!!

Cledus J. Crabb said:
During the awards ceremony, I mentioned to a friend that I wish I could have shot half as well as these kids did.
He alerted me to the fact they have young eyes and that "Your youth, my friend, is gone." Talk about gettin' the wind knocked outta me.
I just got started!!!!

I forget who wrote this (I heard it sung by Pete Seger):

"Now that I'm old, my youth is all spent.
My get up and go has got up and went.
But in spite of it all, I'm able to grin
and think of the places my get up has been!"

What the hell..................I'll just have to try a little harder to see if I can make up for a deficiency I have no control over.
I didn't come this far, only to roll over and play dead!!! Too much fun to be had!

Lynne said:
dwarven1 said:
Moderator said:
Lynne said:
derek said:
Sicker than a dog and I still am. :(

Hope you feel better soon hun.

me too, but your crazy of ya think I am calling you hun

Hey, he's a Marine... I'm sure he's been compared to a Hun before! [twisted]

I'd D & C if I were you, Ross. [lol]

Derek when ya give Ross the Boot can I have all his post?

Cledus J. Crabb said:
I just got started!!!!

As a wise man once said, "Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery." [wink]

Ken

Age and Treachery

So I should distract the kid's attention and move thesights five clicks up and seven over?? Might work !! [shock]

Re: Age and Treachery

rscalzo said:
So I should distract the kid's attention and move thesights five clicks up and seven over?? Might work !! [shock]

You could always bring a TV out to the firing line and turn on Sponge Bob.

Sponge Bob

That would only mean I lost to them by 50 points instead of 60....I knew there was no hope when the girl shot a 197-8x. That's talent. In all seriousness, the Ct. team leaders should be proud of those kids. [shock]

[eek_sigh]

Back
Top Bottom