The next LGBT cause: gun control

why is the media and pretty much everyone just assuming that gays are anti gun?

Issue bundling, and it sucks.

My bet is that the Democratic Party is seeing how many pro-gun-rights LGBTQ people are coming out of the gun safe post-Orlando, and the Democratic Party's leadership is panicking. That's why they're so desperate to spin the "homophobic hate crime attack on a gay nightclub" angle on Orlando rather than the "act of radical Islamic terrorism" angle--they're trying to keep the LGBTQ community's support in the face of all this gun control rhetoric.

why is the media and pretty much everyone just assuming that gays are anti gun? Oppressed minority groups ESPECIALLY need the protection afforded by the right to bear arms.

Living near the southern US border

Stereotyping, we all do it. Just look what happens here when the weekly Bruce Jenner thread gets created. As for me, I will take a gun ally any way I get them.

Issue bundling, and it sucks.

Yes.

The problem is, as long as reg-lar folks identify Queer with Progressivism generally, it'll work.

We're heading into a Big Bad Bear Market for Progs. (Whether they want to believe it or not.) We need to come up with ways of breaking that association.

The upshot, of course, is that we're probably at a place socially where going back to the Bad Old Days would be as unthinkable as returning to the separate drinking fountains and back-of-the-bus policies of the pre-Civil Rights era. The trick, moving forward, is to get the media (and their audience) to understand that Queer isn't a monolithic bloc, reflecting the values and positions of the Left as catechism.

I'm willing to bet just the opposite is true from the people I've talked to.
The rank and file members might not be as on board as the "Leadership" makes out.
The 3 hour wait to go in played a big part of that IMHO.
The light went on in a lot of peoples heads gay and straight.
Holy shit , I'm on my own if something like this happens.

I'm willing to bet just the opposite is true from the people I've talked to.
The rank and file members might not be as on board as the "Leadership" makes out.
The 3 hour wait to go in played a big part of that IMHO.
The light went on in a lot of peoples heads gay and straight.
Holy shit , I'm on my own if something like this happens.

Absolutely. The Leadership will continue to play the same Sandy Hook Families[SUP]TM[/SUP] role.

let me just state, for the record, any LGBT people that want to learn about gun ownership and marksmanship, I FULLY support you!!! Do NOT believe the lame media hype that conservatives are your enemy!

I like the one with the thing on the outside .... No wait maybe I like the one on the inside, Whats that thing called?.... Its called a hammer said the instructor. Do they both make a bang ask the LGBT person? yes was the answer Ill take both was the replay .................................

let me just state, for the record, any LGBT people that want to learn about gun ownership and marksmanship, I FULLY support you!!! Do NOT believe the lame media hype that conservatives are your enemy!

Ok, then, in the interest of full disclosure, let me state for the record:

rivet_42, I'm queerer than you are. I'm an ASPIE. Many (most?) of my kind, have problems with human interpersonal relationships. Many (most?) of my kind have problems with sensory perception, including touch. I suspect most of us are like me, and simply do not have intimate relationships. We are, therefore, queerer than you. That is simply how it is.

I chose my NES handle and avatar not at all randomly. The photo is (as I've mentioned before in prior NES threads) actually a photo of me, albeit with a different background. The handle emphasizes we're radically different from you Humans*.

*Human = shorthand for "neurotypical" since it's both shorter, and emphatic of the fact that we're not you. We're Aspies; you're Humans.

Not for nothing but the "gay movement" has a long standing history of taking childish and moronic stands on many issues and seems to spend huge amounts of energy trying to avoid any and all responsibility for their own actions.

Seeing as how 49 of their compatriots just got slaughtered you'd think they'd smarten the fruck up - but I guess they're going to hold true to form and do the opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm queer and I'm armed. Cold, dead hands, etc. I don't care who you are, if you advocate disarmament, you do not speak for me, and naff off.

Good for you.

Now convince all your idiot friends to smarten up.

The " Alternative " lifestyle group is being stereotyped because of all the rainbow signs that read. " Welcome Refugees" you guys have seen them in the Orlando thread.

let me just state, for the record, any [STRIKE=undefined]LGBT[/STRIKE] people that want to learn about gun ownership and marksmanship, I FULLY support you!!! Do NOT believe the lame media hype that conservatives are your enemy!

FIFY - Any person looking to learn, especially those in targeted groups but not limited to those groups.

Before one of our resident anti-faith trolls condemns my post for removing the LGBT, I will clarify that, yes, I do believe that practicing homosexuality is a sin but it is one just like all the others that their hetero counterparts commit every day. The difference is those who condemn gays commit the higher sin of failing to love their brother (no pun intended [wink]).

I think Pink Pistols will have a say in this.

Sadly I don't see PP as very strong these days. I went to their website and the very long list of "lost", "defunct" chapters is very telling. Boston PP seems to have been dormant for ~20 years now and yet there is an active LGBT community here.

My Cousin (sadly now deceased, cancer) and another person I knew from Boston Computer Society were gay, both guys were scared of guns/had no use for personal protection, etc. My other gay Cousin (female, other side of the Family) lives in SC and I've only seen her 2 or 3 times in the past 50 years, so I don't know for sure but due to her other political leanings my guess is that she would be anti-gun as well. I don't pretend that these anecdotal cases represent the majority, just my own experiences.

the NRA should have been courting the queers, or at the very least learning from them, for decades.

I suspect there will be a big split in the gay community WRT guns. Some will see this as a wakeup call and be their "never again" moment but others will just fold further into the leftists BS and go full retard against guns. The NRA should be offering free memberships for a limited time to the community or at least setting up shitloads of free or deeply discounted training for them. They could be an extremely powerful ally.

The big problem for LGBT lobby is running out of causes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see far more acceptance (or indifference to what people do) It's pretty hard to find openly anti-gay politicians here in US. Saudi Arabia or Iran is too hard, too dangerous and too far away to care. So now this machine is like an army that had done it's job, it needs more work and this shit seems like the best next thing, they already have member's lists, let's hit them up for funds and campaign the **** away.

The problem I see with LGBT lobby is statism. The correct way to solve the "marriage" dilemma was to get .gov out of the business, to remove the whole part where .gov actually "let" you get married. I understand that it's the quickest way to get to the point where you are not persecuted, but still, that fight is not over.

Making some bakers to bake a cake via laws and regulations only breeds more resentment, it ultimately just buries the problem that will become much worse in years to come. I can see some fundamentalists allying with durkas to get their revenge. It's coming. Russia is a micro example how libertarian 90s turned into deeply religious, crazy nationalism. Good luck walking through streets of Moscow holding hands (or watch utube for mayham)

The fight that LGBT needs to fight is statism, the whole concept of .gov getting involved in all aspects of lives, sorting and dividing people into categories and creating more regulations. Of course it's a hard fight, less glorious, less money and may not be too popular. If your model of fighting is to guilt-trip other into re-allocating resources, securing quotas for your "kind" it's just not going be successful long term.

People are people, but when you start pointing out your "differences" to everyone that you only shoot ARs or that meat is murder, people will hate you not for some Biblical or religious reasons, it's because you are an annoying, condescending douchenozzle (like many people who only eat certain foods) If you choose to be different, people WILL treat you different.

the NRA should have been courting the queers, or at the very least learning from them, for decades.

I suspect there will be a big split in the gay community WRT guns. Some will see this as a wakeup call and be their "never again" moment but others will just fold further into the leftists BS and go full retard against guns. The NRA should be offering free memberships for a limited time to the community or at least setting up shitloads of free or deeply discounted training for them. They could be an extremely powerful ally.

I'm 110% certain that the NRA will happily offer Free training to the LGBT community . . . they will almost certainly suggest that YOU AND I provide said free training at our own expense. After all with the blended training they suggested that we outfit classrooms with computers at our expense so that the students could take Phase 1 in our classrooms at our expense!

NRA is very generous . . . with other people's money!

I'm 110% certain that the NRA will happily offer Free training to the LGBT community . . . they will almost certainly suggest that YOU AND I provide said free training at our own expense. After all with the blended training they suggested that we outfit classrooms with computers at our expense so that the students could take Phase 1 in our classrooms at our expense!

Well, there is something to be said for giving away some freebies to draw people in. I know a mountain bike trainer who does exactly that, and she's been quite successful with it.

so what's the minimum requirement to qualify as "gay"? Just the tip? Wet dream? If we all become gay, then we need to sort people into gayness categories, mild gays, uber gays etc.

The LGBT thing isn't going to help us. For the most part, with some exceptions, they have a victim mentality. They are looking for a strong-protector in the government, and the government is all-to-happy to oblige. They have gotten laws passed to push their point of view on everyone else, even when people weren't willing. They will not, all of a sudden, become independent-minded, self-reliant people, who take their own defense seriously. Quite the contrary, they are crying loudly for everyone to be disarmed, in the name of what they call "safety."

I wish it wasn't so, but this is typical of what I have been seeing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKtz0naJrnw&feature=youtu.be

For these folks, it's guns, it's Republicans, it's hate, it's "weapons of war," it's Donald Trump supporters. It's NOT Islam, and it's not the responsibility of the shooter.

Well, where are they with free concealed carry courses in Orlando RIGHT NOW???

Back
Top Bottom