• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

The next LGBT cause: gun control

The National Rifle Association, often thought of as a powerful, unbeatable special interest group, may have finally met its match.

After the attack this month at a gay nightclub in Orlando -- the deadliest modern mass shooting in the United States -- dozens of LGBTQ groups joined with other organizations in calling for "more stringent checks to keep guns out of dangerous Hands"

These groups have quite a good track record: They've fought cohesively and successfully for the right for same-sex couples to marry and for more funding and support for HIV and AIDS research and treatment.

There's a sense that our community is one that people don't want to mess with because we know how to organize politically and we don't take no for an answer," said Marc Solomon, a political strategist and former national campaign director of the group Freedom to Marry.

The fight for tighter gun control laws has been an uphill battle, as evidenced by the sit-in at the House and the vote in the Senate against measures intended to strengthen background checks and prevent suspected terrorists from obtaining weapons

Heather Thompson, an expert on the history of U.S. social movements, said she thinks it will make a difference if LGBTQ groups become galvanized on gun issues.

"It's one of the country's most successful social movements of the 20th century," said Thompson, a professor at the University of Michigan.. "By deciding this is going to be their next political issue, an incredible amount of resources, not just financial but human capital, will be going into it."
She said that for this reason, she thinks history will remember the Orlando shootings as a watershed event in the battle over gun rights.

This is like what I say every time I run into an anti-Semite. When they spout "This is the Jews fault", I immediately respond "really? I'm thinking of converting. What are you gonna do about it?"

I may may just have to convert to gay to fight this bullshit.

Heather Thompson, an expert on the history of U.S. social movements, said she thinks it will make a difference if LGBTQ groups become galvanized on gun issues.

In the context of the populist moment of Brexit and the rise of Trump, and especially given the tight association most people see between the "traditional" LGB activism and all the tranny stuff happening lately, if they try this, they may discover they've overplayed their hand.

It's sad when they think that making more laws will stop those with evil intent. Or prevent criminals from doing what they want. All this is going to do is harm LAC's (Law Abiding Citizens). Of course, everyone HERE should know this already.

I think one way to fight this bullshit is to counter every restriction of OUR rights with a restriction on theirs. Start with their most recent 'victories' and work backwards. If we don't make this bullshit HURT, it will continue.

I think Pink Pistols will have a say in this.

Funny enough I've been following them on Facebook. Those folks get it and are a big PIA to the gun grabbers. Not right wing by any means (as a whole) just really pro 2A folks. They also march in the pride parades.

They deserve to get victimized if they think tighter gun control will prevent more tragedy like Orlando, if anything they should realize that they are prime targets and should be fighting for less restrictive gun control so they can arm themselves.

Maybe if the next attack happens but the "AKHBAR!!" towel-heads use only swords, machetes and hand knives... and they decapitate and dismember 49 unarmed people at a gay bar, maybe they'll (and the country) will stop and think "Damn, I wish we had even one good guy (or gal) with a gun out with us that night..."
Nothing like a blood-soaked butchering, hopefully (God forbid) on surveillance camera as the sheep are lined up and slaughtered....kneeling in line as ordered by the multiple terrorists, texting their loved ones before their jugulars are severed, etc etc etc...
It's gonna take a public bloodbath to get the effin liberal idiots to realize we are in full scale war, raging right now at your local mall or supermarket....

I think one way to fight this bullshit is to counter every restriction of OUR rights with a restriction on theirs. Start with their most recent 'victories' and work backwards. If we don't make this bullshit HURT, it will continue.

This is probably going to happen regardless. There are a lot of people who were OK with the whole live-and-let-live thing (including gay marriage), but who bristled under "you have to bake me a wedding cake" and who were finally completely outraged by the whole "boys in the girls' room" fiasco.

lets start with taking back the Men's Room! Trannies can use the woods out back. [rofl]

I'm queer and I'm armed. Cold, dead hands, etc. I don't care who you are, if you advocate disarmament, you do not speak for me, and naff off.

This is like what I say every time I run into an anti-Semite. When they spout "This is the Jews fault", I immediately respond "really? I'm thinking of converting. What are you gonna do about it?"

I may may just have to convert to gay to fight this bullshit.

This reminds me of an episode of the tv show Southpark, where the time immigrants(goo-backs) come through a time portal to escape ecomonmic collapse in the future. The towns solution to the problem is to have a gay sex pile near the time portal with the goal of preventing any future.

I wish i knew how you guys create these funny memes and videos, this one would be funny

What a shame. The LGBT community needs to join up with the 2A community.

I think that ultimately a lot will, at least the ones with a brain. This Orlando thing, if one positive thing came out of it, it caused a bunch of LGBTQ gun owners to "come out of the closet" with their own circles of people.

Whatever the article the OP dropped (didn't see a link) I think is mostly "astroturfing" by leftist anti gun groups.

-Mike

This reminds me of an episode of the tv show Southpark, where the time immigrants(goo-backs) come through a time portal to escape ecomonmic collapse in the future. The towns solution to the problem is to have a gay sex pile near the time portal with the goal of preventing any future.

I wish i knew how you guys create these funny memes and videos, this one would be funny

http://memegenerator.net/

What a shame. The LGBT community needs to join up with the 2A community.

Of course, and many are here already (e.g. rivet_42). The problem is, much as the Sandy Hook Families[SUP]TM[/SUP] have hijacked the dialogue (despite being only a subset), the LGBT community is probably going to be tarred with one big Progressivist brush.

And people are getting sick of their excesses across the board: Campus speech codes, "trigger warnings" ...

I'm queer and I'm armed. Cold, dead hands, etc. I don't care who you are, if you advocate disarmament, you do not speak for me, and naff off.

You said queer.....[smile]

All seriousness I have homosexual friends and I have friends with homosexual sisters/brothers.
Only know one out of the group who is anti gun.
The "gay" community has it all wrong.
They should ask why they where not protected in a gun free zone (well I'm not sure if guns where allowed or not in that club) why it took 3 hours for police to protect them Ohh wait they are not there to protect you.

One of my friends was beaten back in the early 90s because he was openly gay. He's now 45 built like a brick and can handle himself and he also carries. He is still a lisping little queer [wink] but a good friend from childhood. I like him because he has merit and good standing with me. He doesn't care who you decide to love or have sex with as we don't care what he does.
I often bring up how the gay marriage issue here in MA was not passed by the proper procedure by law.
The people voted and they voted NO. The Gays got there way by crying out loudly. It's time we do the same.
I been handing out the constitution to anyone who engages me. I really don't care about feelings anymore. We have no way to defend any rights if we are disarmed.

I think that ultimately a lot will, at least the ones with a brain. This Orlando thing, if one positive thing came out of it, it caused a bunch of LGBTQ gun owners to "come out of the closet" with their own circles of people.

Whatever the article the OP dropped (didn't see a link) I think is mostly "astroturfing" by leftist anti gun groups.

-Mike

I had the link originally. But lost the Internet on my iPhone and the whole post. Had to copy and paste the text almost sentence by sentence. Not easy on an iPhone Just google CNN LGBT Gun Control.

That's one group that really needs to arm itself, with more and more muzzies coming in everyday.

THIS. How these people thinking that disarming themselves is a smart course of action is either completely fu(king brain dead or is getting mad $$ from Bloomturd and/or Soros!

- - - Updated - - -

Milo will set them straight, no not that kind of straight.[smile]

That dude is the man. The left has NO CLUE how to handle him!

Thank you. Those signs started showing up in West Hollywood soon after the Orlando massacre. I just hacked that up in GIMP from images I found on the internet.

Someone should produce them commercially. I'd love to buy some as gifts for some friends of mine. Hell, I'd put one on our pole, Just Because.

Consider us allies, I'm more than happy to defend your right to whatever you want to do in your personal life if you defend my right to protect myself and my family.

The baking a cake thing is my other one, if someone doesn't want to bake an LGBT cake, find a different baker, there are plenty out there. I'm all for people having their rights until they infringe on someone else. In my eyes forcing a religious person to violate their beliefs is considered harm, respectfully asking an LGBT person to find another bakery is not harm.

Anyway, glad to have you on the side of freedom.

why is the media and pretty much everyone just assuming that gays are anti gun? Oppressed minority groups ESPECIALLY need the protection afforded by the right to bear arms.

I do not understand any argument against the basic fact, IF ONE of those patrons at he Orlando bar was carrying concealed, MOST of those people would still be alive today. I agree you should not be in a bar drinking and carrying. But what about all the designated drivers? They can be sipping coca cola all night long, dancing, AND carrying a handgun to protect them, their friends, and the crowd in general. If it were me at that club, I would say "screw the gun-free zone" b.s. and be carrying.

Groups, in general, that REALLY NEED TO BE exercising their 2A rights:
LGBT
Trans
Elderly
The Infirm, who are often preyed upon
Inner city moms and dads
Women, especially those that have to work late at night or live in bad parts of town
Women who have abusive EX's.
Living in a Rural community with no police force
Living near the southern US border

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom