The Marines Are Issuing Silencers to Troops Around the World

Unfortunately, that reinforces the "weapon of war" nonsense.

I don't think so - the reason is that now you'll have many more Americans who get exposed to suppressors as they really are - accessories that change guns from crazy loud to just loud.

The movie and game industries have fooled the public into thinking suppressed weapons are silent and something only spies and assassins use.

I don't think so - the reason is that now you'll have many more Americans who get exposed to suppressors as they really are - accessories that change guns from crazy loud to just loud.

The movie and game industries have fooled the public into thinking suppressed weapons are silent and something only spies and assassins use.

Which "many more Americans"? People in the armed forces? Are those the people who need to be convinced?

Which "many more Americans"? People in the armed forces? Are those the people who need to be convinced?

Can't hurt, they're not all on NES asking about 80% lowers.

Think of all the soldiers and marines going home and telling their family and friends - yeah, my hearing is better now that they issued suppressors.

i am not sure about "the chaos of battle", but if i were trying to hunt down an opposing force, the loud sound of rifle fire would get me an accurate azimuth, and a pretty accurate range, to walk in to find them. Silencer...while not perfect, would cut down on that noise

I guess the VA is sick of shelling out $142 a month for tinnitus claims.
3M Peltor had a major legal penalty for knowingly selling deflective combat earplugs which didn't reliably filter noise.

I guess the VA is sick of shelling out $142 a month for tinnitus claims.

My old man is deaf in one ear from his time in the service.

He used to carry around a card signed by his doc saying he has trouble understanding female voices. Used to get a kick showing it off.

do you think they'll all be registered with the batfe? how many will be "lost"?
Does the military register its automatic weapons with the BATFE? Does the military "lose" many weapons in general? The answer to both is NO!

Come on.....get real. Suppressors would be listed as sensitive items just like weapons, optics, comm equipment and the like. One thing the military is very good at is keeping track of sensitive equipment.

Last edited:
Does the military register its automatic weapons with the BATFE? Does the military "lose" many weapons in general? The answer to both is NO!

Come on.....get real. Suppressors would be listed as sensitive items just like weapons, optics, comm equipment and the like. One thing the military is very good at is keeping track of sensitive equipment.
I'm sure they don't misplace anything "sensitive". ........

I'm sure they don't misplace anything "sensitive". ........
Ever been in an Army company that momentarily lost track of a weapon or other sensitive item? Holy f*** youd think the world was coming to an end.

Even cco optics are listed on a property book as a sensitive item. A suppressor certainly would be as well. When any sensitive items are issued out to anyone in the unit (ie....not locked in the vault or sensitive items locker) the company has to report to higher twice a day that all sensitive items are accounted for after physically checking......yes.....radio calls go out twice a day stating "green on all sensitive items". Its no joke. I know two company commanders in my 25 years that had careers end.....full stop.....never gonna get promoted......transferred to menial assignment........over property book problems. As an officer you learn quick......don't lose the Armys shit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom