The Gun Parlor helping the antis..

It would probably create liability issues but it would be nice if we had a members only forum (or even further limited access) where we could discuss what shops were up to what. It's getting really hard to keep track. Of course it would also have the benefit of promoting shops like Pullman and others we have seen in this thread who are doing things to help us.

the trouble is AG forces are already reading this and will get membership whatever to be up to speed. It would be useless.

You mean you don't like $80 transfer fees?

I actually can't hold ridiculous transfer fees as something to get riled about. Its the shop communicating that they are not interested in partaking in that service. It is a bit dickish to the people I have known who did transfers there because they thought they had a relationship and then they wonder why they even bother to patronize. Its the other things I have heard about them that make me think they are really screwed up.

It would probably create liability issues but it would be nice if we had a members only forum (or even further limited access) where we could discuss what shops were up to what. It's getting really hard to keep track. Of course it would also have the benefit of promoting shops like Pullman and others we have seen in this thread who are doing things to help us.

Problem is not much promoting to be had if you want to maintain a chain of trust, an email reflector with "invite only" would be the way to go, with only certain people able to invite etc. Maybe require vetting by committee. (concurrence of 3 different people, etc. ) The funny thing is most people who would already be on it, are mostly already connected to the same chains of information, etc.

-Mike

Did you not know this? If not, FYI for others also:
ETA: This may help explain why some of us are extra bewildered by his actions.
http://old.thegunparlor.com/author/justin/
Someone who can screen grab may want to grab that.

yeah, I remember their old shop, when they got their start I went there many times, they still had racing and shop behind, bikes and guns go together well, I do have a t-shirt from old times when they just started.

I am not bewildered, it's a SOP for the legalized mafia to combat anything, turn enough members into CIs and control the rest. TGP apparently aren't the only ones doing 447 "sharing". The approach is also not new, Mora spared them $20'000 in exchange for whatever cooperation while they are bent over the barrel. Given that their legal defense fund only got $1000 in donations, they weren't feeling good about community support. It doesn't make it right, but it's what it is.

I am not bewildered, it's a SOP for the legalized mafia to combat anything, turn enough members into CIs and control the rest. TGP apparently aren't the only ones doing 447 "sharing". The approach is also not new, Mora spared them $20'000 in exchange for whatever cooperation while they are bent over the barrel. Given that their legal defense fund only got $1000 in donations, they weren't feeling good about community support. It doesn't make it right, but it's what it is.

It would be fun to go to various courthouses and dig up any consent decree enemas filed in the recent past and make them all public. The AG made the "defendant" sign a gag order/nda or something, but that same order does not apply to the general public.

-Mike

According to more then a few posts across Faceplant, Nick's Sport Shop in Palmer is also under the AG's thumb and supplying her with regular copies of 4473s. I hadn't heard that before, but it's being openly discussed on several threads.

Can we verify this? If true, then they deserve the same GP treatment.

Problem is not much promoting to be had if you want to maintain a chain of trust, an email reflector with "invite only" would be the way to go, with only certain people able to invite etc. Maybe require vetting by committee. (concurrence of 3 different people, etc. ) The funny thing is most people who would already be on it, are mostly already connected to the same chains of information, etc.

-Mike

Yea, true enough. I ran a forum where there was approval and a requirement to know the person face to face (not firearms related at all Martha), but the scale is several orders of magnitude smaller than here.

Can we verify this? If true, then they deserve the same GP treatment.

This really would need to be verifed, with actual legal documents. Internet posts are ambiguous at best. I remember posting on some forum "I think such-and-such technical detail is X" with no verification and two weeks later other people are posting "It's common knowledge that..."

I think he needs a girlfriend or boyfriend. He's in love with his ugly truck and himself.
I know this isn't a truck forum but while we're tearing this tool down let's point out that he spent money on a stack, smoke tunes (yay longhorn!) aftermarket taillights, new wheels, and stickers on his gmc but had a broken plastic running board hanging off of it, massive mumper gaps, and needed new cab mounts. Efilive tunes are 450+, cab mounts are 100, but having the cab and the bed line up and the truck not ride like crap doesn't impress dudes in the kmart parking lot.
Also the dude rolled coal in a McDonalds drive through, and bragged about it on facebook, as if anyone needed more proof he's a tool.

It would be fun to go to various courthouses and dig up any consent decree enemas filed in the recent past and make them all public. The AG made the "defendant" sign a gag order/nda or something, but that same order does not apply to the general public.

-Mike

that's a great idea, I'd volunteer to do some local to me shit. I just need training on where to go and what to ask. Also we need leads on Nick's shop and that other shop just in case.

According to more then a few posts across Faceplant, Nick's Sport Shop in Palmer is also under the AG's thumb and supplying her with regular copies of 4473s. I hadn't heard that before, but it's being openly discussed on several threads.

Now I'm getting paranoid. Is the shop required to give a straight, honest answer about their use of my 4473?

I know this isn't a truck forum but while we're tearing this tool down let's point out that he spent money on a stack, smoke tunes (yay longhorn!) aftermarket taillights, new wheels, and stickers on his gmc but had a broken plastic running board hanging off of it, massive mumper gaps, and needed new cab mounts. Efilive tunes are 450+, cab mounts are 100, but having the cab and the bed line up and the truck not ride like crap doesn't impress dudes in the kmart parking lot.
Also the dude rolled coal in a McDonalds drive through, and bragged about it on facebook, as if anyone needed more proof he's a tool.

Reps inbound

Now I'm getting paranoid. Is the shop required to give a straight, honest answer about their use of my 4473?

No, there's no legal obligation on any shop to be honest with you about that kind of thing, although honestly it's not that hard to determine the probability based on educated guesses.

-Mike

LOL. Shirtless selfies in the mirror. Who does that?

attachment.php

the hell is dat punk ?

One silver lining that's emerged from all this is that I've discovered some really great local FFL's whom seem willing to support this community, defend our 2A rights, and go above and beyond for our hard earned dollars.

I've never stepped foot in The Gun Parlor and will tell everyone who will listen not to.

Back
Top Bottom