THE BIDEN PLAN TO END OUR GUN VIOLENCE EPIDEMIC

We need to march on Washington DC either during or right after the inauguration... millions of gun owners (no guns), the same way they did after Trump's inauguration. We need a coherent message, showing that we support legal ownership, semi-automatic weapons and don't support illegal possession (which is what most crime is committed with).
No. That would just work in their favor in that it would let them see those they oppose en masse. Such a march would be majority white and male, playing right into the hated male archetype--individualistic, self-reliant and everything else the left hates. It would reinforce the othering of us, except that I am female. There is something most of you guys have to understand: they hate you. I mean they really hate you and wish you were dead. I live and work in a liberal area in Vermont and am exposed to a constant diet of vehement hatred for white males.

Also, the rules have changed for the legislative process. It's mob rule. Even with the US Senate at a slim Republican majority, no Republican Senator is going to hold out for long while he or she and his or her family is being relentlessly harassed by disarmament enthusiast mobs who are stalking them and calling them murders. Republicans in the leadership class will cave in no time. After all, they don't really care about the 2A or owning guns. Platforms change, and the GOP's will to benefit those who want to maintain power.

We might be stunned at how quickly we end up under a federal regime of highly restricted gun ownership.

No. That would just work in their favor in that it would let them see those they oppose en masse. Such a march would be majority white and male, playing right into the hated male archetype--individualistic, self-reliant and everything else the left hates. It would reinforce the othering of us, except that I am female. There is something most of you guys have to understand: they hate you. I mean they really hate you and wish you were dead. I live and work in a liberal area in Vermont and am exposed to a constant diet of vehement hatred for white males.

Also, the rules have changed for the legislative process. It's mob rule. Even with the US Senate at a slim Republican majority, no Republican Senator is going to hold out for long while he or she and his or her family is being relentlessly harassed by disarmament enthusiast mobs who are stalking them and calling them murders. Republicans in the leadership class will cave in no time. After all, they don't really care about the 2A or owning guns. Platforms change, and the GOP's will to benefit those who want to maintain power.

We might be stunned at how quickly we end up under a federal regime of highly restricted gun ownership.

The first half of your post is saying that we don't want to look like a mob. The second half explains that we're in the mob rule era.

When I saw that you started with "No." I thought you were objecting to his "(no guns)" stipulation and that we were on the same page. Nope. [smile]

I am sure you will be flamed for that, but I agree with you. So many people who say they will not comply and will do armed resistance, how many were marching over the last few days about the election? Unless there is a major uprising the power of the gov't will crush small uprisings. Remember the Shay's Rebellion, it didn't work...
Yes, but it did get .gov's attention.

If the Demoncrats got their way, we'd just have another form of revolution. If the police were defunded, and crime ran rampant, people would take care of business themselves. And with no police to respond, people would take care of themselves just fine. Plus, in getting rid of the offending criminals, the democrats would lose a lot of their voters. They'd have a lot let people to double-vote for them. Oh, wait, as Demoncrats, they'd still be voting even if dead...

Said it before here, many times. And now I'll say it again.. If I had ten bucks for every time I've heard (mostly) white (mostly) American (mostly) guys yell about "IT'S GO TIME" here (and elsewhere)? I would be able to retire tomorrow.

There is literally less-than-zero chance...less than zero.. of legal, law abiding gun owners shouting (actually texting, LOL) to each other that it's time to "RISE UP! ..One if by land, two if by sea...To arms! Fellow citizens!! To arms!!"...and having everyone (or anyone), anywhere storm any State House/any Governor's mansion/any White House or other Presidential Palace, etc..Less than zero chance of this actually happening.

You (we) would be very VERY quickly mowed down by semi-automatic/full-auto gunfire.. and by the following Monday or Tuesday the only "angry, fed-up citizens" who would even slightly remember your glorious uprising would be your family... as they're holding your funeral..(And half of those relatives would whisper to each other - as your casket is wheeled slowly toward the alter - "What the HELL was he thinking?? Didn't he realize that everyone talks a great game but very few actually beg the coach to let them onto the playing field?).

"To arms! Fellow citizens!! Join me in rebellion!! It's GO TIME!!!"....
(Let me know how that works out for you).

Just sayin'
Going out guns blazing is a good way to get yourself killed fast.

Guerilla tactics tho... sometimes those guys make it a while.

300 win mag from 800 yards here... small pipe bomb there... better than charging in with my plate carrier looking like a belly shirt on a fat Walmart chick... although my raw masculinity combined with my blinding white stomach might throw their shots off

Said it before here, many times. And now I'll say it again.. If I had ten bucks for every time I've heard (mostly) white (mostly) American (mostly) guys yell about "IT'S GO TIME" here (and elsewhere)? I would be able to retire tomorrow.

There is literally less-than-zero chance...less than zero.. of legal, law abiding gun owners shouting (actually texting, LOL) to each other that it's time to "RISE UP! ..One if by land, two if by sea...To arms! Fellow citizens!! To arms!!"...and having everyone (or anyone), anywhere storm any State House/any Governor's mansion/any White House or other Presidential Palace, etc..Less than zero chance of this actually happening.

You (we) would be very VERY quickly mowed down by semi-automatic/full-auto gunfire.. and by the following Monday or Tuesday the only "angry, fed-up citizens" who would even slightly remember your glorious uprising would be your family... as they're holding your funeral..(And half of those relatives would whisper to each other - as your casket is wheeled slowly toward the alter - "What the HELL was he thinking?? Didn't he realize that everyone talks a great game but very few actually beg the coach to let them onto the playing field?).

Lol it's cute that you think real resistance would come in a format that would be that overt, retarded, and stupid.

If the states like Mass can have sanctuaries for illegals, states like NH can have sanctuaries for what were once legal guns.

Did you miss the part where NH dems lost control of the House, Senate and Exec Council last week?

It’s been a chore to tamp down the Dem’s anti-gun agenda these past few years.You know as you’ve been doing the work - many thanks. NH has not had great fervor to enact pro-gun laws, although the Constitutional Carry move was quite excellent.

While, in “normal" times lack of anti gun laws is sufficient, perhaps now we need more NH state laws protecting gun rights? More barriers to Executive Actions by Biden/Harris?

Perhaps a 2ndA Sanctuary law banning use of NH staff and resource in enforcing Federal laws and Executive Actions is in order. Yes, those laws are largely symbolic but getting them on paper makes a point.

The first half of your post is saying that we don't want to look like a mob. The second half explains that we're in the mob rule era.

When I saw that you started with "No." I thought you were objecting to his "(no guns)" stipulation and that we were on the same page. Nope. [smile]
Here is what someone on Reddit posted about what the government can do about noncompliance. I do not think they could get away with all of this, but authoritarians should not be underestimated.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/gunpolitics/comments/jrng2h/yes_they_can_force_you_to_give_up_your_guns/

This is in reply to both you and gunskill....

Yes, we know the left wing media (e.g., pretty much all of them) would twist open carry marches into some sort of threat to the government and our fellow citizens. The general public doesn't get to see the photos/video of the police officers socializing with the marchers. Although they are overwhelmingly peaceful and without incident the general public doesn't perceive them that way, they see it as violent simply because the guns are there. We know that having open carry at a protest/march is a way to guarantee the peace because of the "MAD" (mutually assured destruction) factor but many do not understand that (and because gun owners are not violent people). However, I don't think that's the main reason to forgo holding the march with weapons... there is the legal/logistical factor that's harder to overcome. I seriously doubt you will be cleared to hold a march in Washington DC while carrying weapons (open carry is illegal) and if your idea is "screw it, do it anyway" the only thing that would happen would be mass arrests. In addition, it wouldn't be practical for everyone to drive into DC because airlines, trains and buses would refuse to take weapons on their trips once word of the march got out.

No, best to have a weaponless march, but come armed with good speakers who can convey the real facts/stats about gun violence, gun ownership and speak to what the 2nd amendment really means and why it's so necessary. We should come with our children and show that we're not all old white men, this year, more African Americans became gun owners then any other. We need to show the rest of the country and particularly the elites here in the northeast that we're real people with real families, from all walks of life.

I'm a software engineer, my best friend, who's African American, is also a software engineer, we go shooting together frequently... he's got another friend of Korean descent who's also in IT and a shooting enthusiast. They have multi-cultural families and are they very concerned about the Biden gun control plan. So I don't really agree with gunskill except that it would be portrayed by the media as a "white" protest so I would take steps to mitigate that, like make Colion Noir one of the keynote speakers. I would also keep the anti-government and conspiracy theorists off the stage, be very careful to screen all speakers for ties to white supremacy and/or the alt-right, this shouldn't be a political march, we're not protesting the election of Joe Biden, we're protesting his state policy of erasing our rights.

It’s been a chore to tamp down the Dem’s anti-gun agenda these past few years.You know as you’ve been doing the work - many thanks. NH has not had great fervor to enact pro-gun laws, although the Constitutional Carry move was quite excellent.
Are you kidding? Over the past 12 years, NH has passed nearly every pro-gun law which has made it out of committee. Even the poorly conceived ones which really should have had another draft, like airgun hunting and the extended validity duration for P&R.

While, in “normal" times lack of anti gun laws is sufficient, perhaps now we need more NH state laws protecting gun rights? More barriers to Executive Actions by Biden/Harris?
Perhaps a 2ndA Sanctuary law banning use of NH staff and resource in enforcing Federal laws and Executive Actions is in order. Yes, those laws are largely symbolic but getting them on paper makes a point.
This would be going beyond "pro-gun laws", New Hampshire is no longer the kind of state to go out on a limb to challenge Federal authority, trying to pass this would probably cost NH republicans their majority (again).

It's a non-starter in New England; the "2ndA Sanctuary" stuff is perceived by just about everybody (outside hardcore pro-gunners) as being the realm of "those wack-a-doodle sovereign citizen types out in Wyoming", which is why it hasn't gained traction in more than a handful of states. Usually dies in committee.

Maybe if even one such state law were to be used and then pass supreme court scrutiny?

We need to march on Washington DC either during or right after the inauguration... millions of gun owners (no guns), the same way they did after Trump's inauguration. We need a coherent message, showing that we support legal ownership, semi-automatic weapons and don't support illegal possession (which is what most crime is committed with).

I have been to several pro-2A rallies on beacon hill in Boston over the years an have been extremely disappointed in the turnout.

If my right-to-possess was predicated on "suitability" as decided by Boston-area COP, I would think twice about showing up.
Only a gun nut would show up to such an event.

Somebody who really is obsessed with guns.

Dangerous people.

Very unsuitable.

I have been to several pro-2A rallies on beacon hill in Boston over the years an have been extremely disappointed in the turnout.
Yeah, I hear you and frankly I didn't attend because I didn't want anyone I knew to recognize me much less know I owned firearms (like my employer, co-workers, etc)... However, I think it's time we made our voices heard. This year there were record sales, NICS checks and new LTC/FID card issuance. We cannot be a silent minority if we expect to keep our rights.. it may mean I lose my job if I'm recognized or at least put on some kind of short list to get rid of; but if we don't stand up now, when?

I know a lot of people are giving you crap but I agree with you on many points, which is why I would look into ways of mitigating some of the things you've pointed out. There are more non-white gun owners out there then ever before, there is even an African American version of the NRA, you don't need to be AA to join but it's an alternative (I have a problem with LaPierre, I think he's using NRA money for his own ends).... Ironically there are also "gun clubs"/groups linked to antifa that are pro 2A (look up John Brown Puget Sound Gun Club and RedNeck Revolt). Anyone who realizes the government can remove your rights with the stroke of a pen has a vested interested in the second amendment.

Did all five 2A supporters who live anywhere near Boston not show up?
May sound cowardly, but I think in Boston a lot of us are around but in such a hostile environment think it better to keep our heads down... we keep our pro-2A and broader political feeling to ourselves because we see a potential negative backlash both professionally and personally...

I’ve been to a few 2A events at the statehouse that were well attended by the pro-2A crowd.
Yup, well attended indeed.

When the news covers it they show the crowds after 95% have left.

I'm pretty sure the day we had some 5,000 people was the biggest showing on Beacon Hill.

The news only showed a dozen at the end of the rally.

The parks service was told from what I recall, not to tally the people that day.

Does not fit the narrative.

You can get a good estimate from all the pics that were taken that day.

jfc that site still reads:

Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Federal law prevents hunters from hunting migratory game birds with more than three shells in their shotgun. That means our federal law does more to protect ducks than children. It’s wrong.

jfc we've covered this. Shooting a duck with the fourth shell in your gun is like, a $200 fine.

Tell us, Joe -- when and where is it legal to shoot children with even ONE shot?

Pretty sure shooting ANYONE is already a felony which should bring a hefty punishment.

Idiots.

I've been tempted to f*** with a moonbat down the street and if trump actually loses....ask him if I can use his #resist sticker on his car now that he's done with it.
Is "Dissent" patriotic, again?

If trump wins it will go out of style......
You mean - if Biden wins it will go out of style.

"Dissent is Patriotic" was in style with Bush and Trump because the libs were fighting them.

If Biden wins, the sheep will be expected to do what he says.

If you wait long enough...

What was old will be new again.

I don't agree. Half the country doesn't want extremist ideas, which is why democrats lost over 100 legislative seats across the country. People didn't vote for Biden, they voted against Trump. Democrats got smoked in all other arenas based largely on their radical ideas. This election proved that radical leftism is not popular.

It doesn't matter if it's not popular. Radical ideas rarely are popular. But Radicals are the ones that get to call the shots a lot of times because they are so committed and steadfast they are able to dictate the direction of a larger body. Its like if a 15 year old girl comes home and says I'm going vegan. Well the mom doesn't want to cook two dinners so she makes a vegan meal for the whole family. Then they go to a block party the person hosting says what do you want for dinner they say my daughter is vegan, so they think about making one meal just for her. But instead they say well the whole family is eating vegan so you can just cook one for all of us. Oh ok well if the whole family is vegan it will just be easier to go vegan for the block party.

All the radical left has to do is say you know what we are taking our ball and going home and they can bully the rest of the party around.

Back
Top Bottom