TELL ME ABOUT YOUR FAVORITE subcompact AND WHY.

BG380. At $269, it was cheap enough to buy on impulse. Recoil is less than lightweight .38 special snubbies, and it's easier to pocket carry. I've been thinking about a PM9. Perhaps one day, but for now this works.

Glock 8 Gen 3. Great for shirt pocket carry. 15 rounds of .177 stopping power. Might need a +5 mag extender to get the ring finger on the grip.

IMG_7323_Glock8_v2b_1200_zpsrhbfzcsx.jpg

IMG_7323_Glock8_v2b_1200.jpg

[rofl] [rofl]

God tier, thug life level

[video=youtube_share;ADIyIlO-_Ug]http://youtu.be/ADIyIlO-_Ug[/video]

I have to ask... why the hell would the caliber make ANY difference in a murder case? There has to be more to that situation, because grain weight alone simply could never be the deciding factor of someone going to prison, or not.

With regard to your question, my favorite sub-compact for the past year has been my LC9s Pro model. It is super thin and easy to conceal, especially with the factory radiused edges which cause others to print. The Pro model has no safety, which I prefer with a carry gun, so given that it's 9mm, easy to use, and and conceal, I see no use to carry anything else, so all my other handguns are relegated to range/home defense use now. The only exception being when I need deep concealment, I sometimes carry my M&P BG 380, since that is the smallest, most concealable gun I own. I don't sweat the .380 thing at all since I only carry that gun when I otherwise couldn't carry anyway, so it's still better than nothing at all.

Because the guy was carrying his 9mm at the time of the shooting and the guy was actually shot with a .380
Cops arrested him instead of the actual killer whose .380 was found a couple of blocks away after the trial. It came up in trial that the bullet that killed him weighed 90 grains.

I do like the LC9 myself and know a couple of people that carry them. If I'm not wrong I think it's the #1 concealed carry gun in the U.S. followed by #2 the glock 19.

Last edited:
Because the guy was carrying his 9mm at the time of the shooting and the guy was actually shot with a .380
Cops arrested him instead of the actual killer whose .380 was found a couple of blocks away after the trial. It came up in trial that the bullet that killed him weighed 90 grains.

I do like the LC9 myself and know a couple of people that carry them. If I'm not wrong I think it's the #1 concealed carry gun in the U.S. followed by #2 the glock 19.

Ok, now that makes more sense, thanks for adding that extra info. With regard to the LC9s, I'm not at all surprised if that stat is true because I haven't been able to find anything MA legal, or not that I would rather carry. For awhile I wanted the Sig P938, but this was cheaper, lighter, and has no safety, so even though I may grab a 938 "just because", I still don't think I'd choose that over the LC9s for EDC duty.

Ok, now that makes more sense, thanks for adding that extra info. With regard to the LC9s, I'm not at all surprised if that stat is true because I haven't been able to find anything MA legal, or not that I would rather carry. For awhile I wanted the Sig P938, but this was cheaper, lighter, and has no safety, so even though I may grab a 938 "just because", I still don't think I'd choose that over the LC9s for EDC duty.

Whats MA Legal? Do they only allow a certain size magazine or ammo? I had no idea! I moved to NH in 85 and havent heard much about MA since. I remember that I could only hunt with a slug shotgun down there but thats it.

Is the Shield .45 a sub compact? If so, that's my pick because it's controllable,reliable and way more accurate than it needs to be.

They're wrong. They can call it whatever they want but something that clocks in not far from a G19 is not a subcompact handgun in the real world.

The SDP Compact is about the size of a Glock 19 and the SDP is quite larger than the Subcompact Sphinx.
I dunno man, that looks sub compact to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The SDP Compact is about the size of a Glock 19 and the SDP is quite larger than the Subcompact Sphinx.
I dunno man, that looks sub compact to me.
Looks can be deceiving. According to the actual specs the Sphinx SDP Subcompact is bigger all the way around than the M&P Shield 9, the SA XD mod 2 .45, the G26, the G42 and the G43. One is certainly welcome to call it a subcompact if they wish to, particularly given the manufacturer does, but it is logically inconsistent to then question whether smaller guns are subcompacts.

p.s. My "subcompact", pocket carry is a S&W J-frame (637).

I had a 1975 Toyota Carolla SR5 2 door coupe that was a lot of fun to drive. . :)

Best sub compact ever. I had a 86 coupe back in high school. Chicks hated it, but I knew I was the shit in that thing.

Didn't last long though due to being stolen (two towns over from Framingham).

For firearms, I would choose either a Shield 9 or 45. Yes you need to install a trigger kit,
But it does what you need it to and it is easily concealable, like a sub compact is defined as.

Last edited:
$900+ and it locked up hard twice in this short vid. i'll keep my $300 no safety Shield with the Santurri trigger.

[video=youtube_share;CiLgaRCI450]http://youtu.be/CiLgaRCI450[/video]

$900+ and it locked up hard twice in this short vid. i'll keep my $300 no safety Shield with the Santurri trigger.

Yes I had a shield and liked it very much but mine had a safety and I didn't like that at all. On the other hand I'm moving into hammer style guns W/O safeties. I just think they're safer to carry with one in the pipe. I know its $960 bucks, so was the compact that I own. But unless I can find a hammer style "SUB COMPACT" with a full rail system I'll just have to spend the extra money.

Doesnt matter to me if the gun in this video jammed. Mine jammed too and Kriss stood behind it 100%. It's worth tweaking a gun like that a few times to get the results I'm looking for. If you ever had one in your hand or fired one you would know what I mean.

Sig 238 in a Galco Ankle Glove. Cannot be beat as very low profile carry, IMO. While on my EDC rotation are the P2000sk and P30SK, the 238 is 1/2 the heft, a fantastic shooter, and should be carried more often.

Not to mention you can't even compare the two because the Sphinx probably weighs 20% more. (I ibet its also dimensionally larger, too) They're not even in the same class of handgun.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom