TCR22 Rifle

Weaver-mounted a Simmons .22 Mag 4X32 scope today while I search for a halo.
Height and eye-relief are excellent with Weaver Classic alum. bases.
Weaver #49196 1" fits up to 40mm objective.

Anyone have/use a SIG Romeo5 unit. Thoughts?

Also installed 1" swivels and sling. Fits nice.

Last edited:
Lol. Got One!
pretty nice .22, mr. enbloc. enjoy! how can you go wrong? and for that final otd price, very cool.

me, i'd like to investigate it but have three 10/22's, there's no room really for another and I can't remember the last time I took them out. in my younger days, "no room" was hardly an excuse not to buy. lol, I just realized I sounded like my mother with this no room bullshit.

you don't shoot at harvard by any chance, do you? you know where i'm going here with this, right? [laugh]

Lol. I know. I feel like I should get rid of one of my other 10/22's, but like I said. "They're family."
I love the .22 platform and have many other semi's and bolt guns.
As to Harvard, I shot an Appleseed there once with a 10/22 I built a Liberty Rifle out of.

I'll keep you in mind when I'm done kitting it out. Would enjoy meeting/shooting with you.

Gunz is Social!

~Matt

I just bought a Leupold VX-3 1.5-5x20mm off EBay and plan to use Weaver 49046 Medium Base Light Weight Aluminum Quad Rings to mount it to the picatinny rail. The medium base rings for me seem to position the scope and comb in a perfect line that is comfortable, intuitive and places the target right where it needs to be quickly. I've got this same set up on my Ruger .44 Mag deer rifle and the sight picture is perfect when I shoulder it. I actually think I'm going to move the 1-4X Leupold on my Ruger onto the TC and put the VX-3 on the Ruger. I scored a great deal on the VX-3 and it might be a bit of overkill on a .22 small game/plinker rifle. The .44 Mag (IMO) is a better platform for the VX-3.

Lol. Got One!
$318 out the door, plus free $15 soft gun case, plus S&W $50 VISA Rebate.

Thanks Carl at Four Seasons!

BD100_40_44_100_Bulldogcases_rifle-1.jpg

^^^What enbloc said ^^^

A lot of guys bitch & moan about Four Seasons but I was in and out of there inside of 45 minutes and walked out the door with my nice, new TC/R22, free gun case and future $50.00 gift card from S&W and a good ole brick of .22 rounds. Net cost (less MA EBT/Free Shit Army tax) of rifle only after promo offer was $249.99 - how can you beat that price.

Don't forget extra mags!
Get 10% off your purchase when you sign up for their newsletter and free shipping! Mass tax though...
I got 4 for $107
I don't think they'll be in stock long, as they are the ONLY manufacturer of these mags...

You can see the BHO lever in this pix. Also, you need to depress it to load the first round and is held down for subsequent rounds. That's why I wanted more magazines.
So I wasn't fiddling around as much with the mags...

T/CR22 10Rd Magazine |

1094931-Front-Right-Side.jpg

Last edited:
I just bought a Leupold VX-3 1.5-5x20mm off EBay and plan to use Weaver 49046 Medium Base Light Weight Aluminum Quad Rings to mount it to the picatinny rail. The medium base rings for me seem to position the scope and comb in a perfect line that is comfortable, intuitive and places the target right where it needs to be quickly. I've got this same set up on my Ruger .44 Mag deer rifle and the sight picture is perfect when I shoulder it. I actually think I'm going to move the 1-4X Leupold on my Ruger onto the TC and put the VX-3 on the Ruger. I scored a great deal on the VX-3 and it might be a bit of overkill on a .22 small game/plinker rifle. The .44 Mag (IMO) is a better platform for the VX-3.

Optics congruity between platforms is a blessing...

Anyone have/use a SIG Romeo5 unit. Thoughts?

I'm curious also about this nice, neat, little package. I'm an old school glass scope guy so I'd be interested in hearing what people have to say about this technology. I think it's a big step up from the Red Dot days but I'm not quite sure what the pros/cons are so speak up so if you have any info on this stuff PLEASE - thank you! Written from a guy who saw the original Planet of the Apes in a cinema when it first came out ~1968~ or so - kind of tells you how old I am...

Does the bolt hold open on the mag work in a standard 10/22? If so I'm ordering some ASAP

Just checked. No it does not.

I will investigate further to see if the Ruger and T/C bolts are different and see it any simple mods to the Ruger bolt will achieve a "Last Round BHO" using a T/C mag.

... but not tonight... [wink]

Last edited:
Ok, here is what I've found:

Last-shot BHO (LSBHO) on the T/Cr22 is achieved by congress between the magazine "ammo status arm" (my term)
and the trigger/fire control group housing with an additional cut on the receiver which allows movement of components.
This can be seen in photo (not mine). The trigger housing arm, pointed at by screwdriver tip, can also be seen below the larger-diameter SS pin (at 3 o'clock to the screwdriver tip)
and captures the bolt in its rearward position when the "ammo status arm" of the magazine engages the trigger housing arm when mag is empty.

Bolt looks extremely similar to the Ruger 10/22 bolt but has a small ledge for the "bolt lock-back arm" to catch on.

That said... don't buy T/Cr22 magazines to hold your Ruger 10/22 bolt open on the last shot. It won't work...

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

Photos credited to: Review: Thompson Center's T/CR22 (10/22 Clone) - The Firearm Blog

Last edited:
I'm going to install a 10/22 bolt buffer, as I feel this will soften impact of the bolt on the rear stop-pin and helps protect scope from cross-hair damage, just like I use on all my Ruger 10/22's.

Similar to this orange one:
iu

^^^What enbloc said ^^^

A lot of guys bitch & moan about Four Seasons but I was in and out of there inside of 45 minutes and walked out the door with my nice, new TC/R22, free gun case and future $50.00 gift card from S&W and a good ole brick of .22 rounds. Net cost (less MA EBT/Free Shit Army tax) of rifle only after promo offer was $249.99 - how can you beat that price.
Does the model at four seasons have the threaded barrel ?

Disassembled rifle for First Cleaning and inspection. Here are my thoughts:

Barrel/Upper receiver assy fits snugly in stock with a 5/32" allen screw.
Safety must be centered with fingers before removing assy from stock as it has zero side clearance otherwise.
Muzzle end is then lifted to a 45 degree angle and then pulled forward/up and out of the stock.
The trigger housing pins are a very tight fit through the receiver holes, but can be drifted out with very little force, and makes for a firm coupling of the two components.
Running a 1-piece cleaning rod from the back of the receiver with a cleaning patch is worth the price of admission alone.
(there are mods to perform creating a "cleaning porthole" on stock Ruger 10/22's available on youtube, but I never modded any of mine.)
Barrel lands and grooves are crisp and well made.
Reinstalling the Barrel/Upper receiver assy takes a small amount of patience because the Barrel/Upper receiver assy has a horizontal notch which must fit into a mating groove on the stock
at about a 45 degree angle prior to pressing down on the muzzle end of the receiver, while holding the safety button between the thumb and index finger to center it.
After the assy is correctly in the stock bed channel, than a little forwards/backwards movement will aid in lining up the stock allen screw. (not doing this causes the screw to be misaligned
with the Barrel/Upper receiver assy and may cause thread damage)
Fit and finish was excellent on all components with no perceivable burrs or sharp spots and a nice thick black protective coating on the Barrel/Upper receiver assy that seems very durable.

My Fit and Finish grade is a solid "7".

Last edited:
I'm going to install a 10/22 bolt buffer, as I feel this will soften impact of the bolt on the rear stop-pin and helps protect scope from cross-hair damage, just like I use on all my Ruger 10/22's.

Similar to this orange one:
iu

enbloc - which manufacturer have you found to be the best? The one from Kidd seems to get good reviews.

Yeah, The Kidd Viton over SS rod is the best I've used and has a more positive feel during recoil.
I do also use the Tougher Buffer and ProMag, but like the Kidd best.
~Matt

At $6.99 these are practically free when you add in the free shipping. Made in America and well reviewed on Ebay
link

s-l1600.jpg

Thanks Matt. Just went to the link and placed my order - that's a really good deal!

Yeah, MidwayUSA has them (Flatline Brand) for $12.99 each plus $4.99 shipping So, like $18 bucks for one.

These are $2.99 each with free shipping.

They last forever and have a lifetime warranty...

Thanks guys. I might run up there Tuesday and pick one up.

If you are going to Four Seasons, have them "HOLD" one for you. That way you get the free PitBull soft case. They have a limit on 100 first come/first served.

So, I got started on this T/CR22 journey by accident so to speak. My buddy traded in a bunch of guns up at Kittery and walked away with a new Rem Model 700 and a Ruger 10/22. He asked me if we could go to my club and sight both of them - sure no problem. They're both scoped out and we zero in the Model 700 in no time and then move on to the 10/22. Zero that in quickly and he asked if I'd like to take a few shots with the 10/22 - I've shot enough 30.06 to fill my plate so I was good there.

I started out, like most folks, on a .22 but then got involved in higher power rifles, shotguns, pistols and lost sight of the old .22 magic. Cut to the chase, after a couple of 10 round mag's with my friend's 10/22, I was smitten again with the .22 caliber and said to myself, "Self, I got to get me a new one of these"! 4 days later my Four Season's auto e-mail comes through about the Thompson T/CR22 deal they got going on and the next day I plunked my cash on the table and walked out with this nice, little gem of a .22. Already bought a new scope for it and some other less expensive accessories. I feel like a kid again when my brother bought me a Marlin (Model 60 - I think) .22 when I was about 13 and went hunting chipmunk, squirrel & any other small game that presented themselves as a target of opportunity. Looking forward to some target shooting & getting up into NH with my new T/CR22 for some small game hunting with my buddy and his new 10/22.

I took my new little .22 to the range today after its First Cleaning and put a hundred round rail of CCI mini mags through it and it is a little tack-driver.
I did not take the scope for tune in yet. I just wanted to feel her raw.
She cycles cleanly, hurls spent brass like a relief pitcher and is a breeze to operate (just like any 10/22) but what really stands out are the sights.
Green optic fiber front and large peep rear, with a longer sight radius than a stock Ruger 10/22, made shooting a pleasure.
None of that wincing and straining to see the black front post against a black 10-ring.
The large peep gives you a huge field of view and still keeps the front optic laser focused. These sights alone would be a squirrel's nightmare.

Now for a little TLC, bore inspection and the Scope is next...

~Matt

Back
Top Bottom