• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

TCR22 Rifle

Thompson Center is entering the Semi-Auto .22 market. Interchangable parts with the Ruger 10/22 (including mags).

There are a lot of features to like that I'm seeing. Much longer sight radius then a 10/22, rail milled into the top of the receiver, Stainless bolt, threaded barrel.

New for 2018: Thompson/Center T/CR22 Rifle

magnum research makes a phenomenal 10/22. i think volquartsen does too. i really see little point in buying a ruger 10/22 at this time unless its a takedown variant. my magnum research 22 rifle is an amazing little rifle, gorgeous machined receiver and graphite barrel. something stupid like 4 lbs. factor in the cost of some 10/22 upgrades and one is well into the territory of one of these semi custom rifles. these TC rifles sound nice too.

magnum research makes a phenomenal 10/22. i think volquartsen does too. i really see little point in buying a ruger 10/22 at this time unless its a takedown variant. my magnum research 22 rifle is an amazing little rifle, gorgeous machined receiver and graphite barrel. something stupid like 4 lbs. factor in the cost of some 10/22 upgrades and one is well into the territory of one of these semi custom rifles. these TC rifles sound nice too.

Offer me one for $300 and see what happens.

Anyway, I think at this point I would be most attracted to Brownells' 10-22 receiver and building my own. Must resist though, trying to tighten the belt.

I like the looks of it, and I'm usually a wood-n-steel guy...

iu

Price point is in the park considering its OEM options.

I was asking because in one day I'm seeing three or four companies with "brand new designs" that are just replicas of the 10/22. When Brownell's email bombed me with their version I figured something had changed. It was a little tongue in cheek.

Shooter's Warehouse is a T/C Authorized Dealer. If anyone drops in, can you check inventory/price for me. It would be appreciated!
(I kept trying the firearms department and never was able to get through to a human...)

Thanks,
~Matt

Lol. Got One!
$318 out the door, plus free $15 soft gun case, plus S&W $50 VISA Rebate.

Thanks Carl at Four Seasons!

BD100_40_44_100_Bulldogcases_rifle-1.jpg

Just arrived today, the new Thompson Center T/CR22 .22LR rifle.

As an introductory special we are offering the new T/CR22 at $309.95 credit or $299.95 cash, check or debit! (MSRP is $399.00)

After the $50 rebate in the form of a Smith & Wesson prepaid MasterCard (Click here) this brings the cash, check or debit price down to $249.95

On the first 100 T/CR22’s sold we are including a FREE carrying case. (Nice, heavy PitBull gun case)

Check out the specifications and videos then stop by the shop and look at one in person.

Last edited:
Lol. Got One!
$318 out the door, plus free $15 soft gun case, plus S&W $50 VISA Rebate.

Thanks Carl at Four Seasons!

BD100_40_44_100_Bulldogcases_rifle-1.jpg

Just arrived today, the new Thompson Center T/CR22 .22LR rifle.

As an introductory special we are offering the new T/CR22 at $309.95 credit or $299.95 cash, check or debit! (MSRP is $399.00)

After the $50 rebate in the form of a Smith & Wesson prepaid MasterCard (Click here) this brings the cash, check or debit price down to $249.95

On the first 100 T/CR22’s sold we are including a FREE carrying case. (Nice, heavy PitBull gun case)

Check out the specifications and videos then stop by the shop and look at one in person.
Are the mags the same as Ruger 10/22 mags and interchangeable?

Are the mags the same as Ruger 10/22 mags and interchangeable?

Mags are unique and have a little built-in lever that works as a bolt-hold-open (BHO)
That said any Ruger mags including BX-25 will fit and work, as well as steellips/hotlips/eagle brands.

Suck thing is to load the T/C mag you have to hold the lever down while you feed in the ammo. At least that what it says on the side of the magazine...

Gun has a very solid feel for a little 10/22 clone. I like it.

Just ordered 4 mags from Thompson/Center. Price was $107 with discounts.
Only place to get them is the manufacturer, for now... and those tend to have a very short shelf-life.

Just got back from the LGS, where they're having a big S&W / Thompsen Center sale with S&W reps on site.
The T/CR22 looks VERY interesting! I've asked some questions they can't answer, so they've called corporate for a response. If I hear the right answers, I'll get one and post a review soon.

I got my first Ruger 10/22 in 1980 from Service Merchandise, and had so much fun with that little gun back when you didn't need to be a member of a gun club to shoot in the Lowell Area.
(much like today, I guess. [wink])
Back then I had 2 sand pits and 3 sections of woods that I should shoot all day for under 3 bucks less than 5 miles away. There were more places to go, but why bother?
These were my "shooting" homes where I learned the "joy" of shooting. I have 3 Rugers today in different configurations. Each one is a "member of the family".

This rifle makes me feel like that. 1980 all over again...

~Matt

Back
Top Bottom