Tavor vs X95 or any other bullpup (Opinions welcome)

Fwiw..
I had an orig Aug with the "donut of death" scope. And currently own a ps90, fs2000 and a gen 4 msar.
Not a lot of experience with the Tavor. But they all have different attributes.

For me the FNs are the keepers.

How does the FN Tactical Tuna shoot? I've always like those things.

Fwiw..
I had an orig Aug with the "donut of death" scope. And currently own a ps90, fs2000 and a gen 4 msar.
Not a lot of experience with the Tavor. But they all have different attributes.

For me the FNs are the keepers.

I'd love a PS90.. But the lack of the 50 round prebans kill the gun. SCAR's are a bit on the pricey side. I like the SAR, and have no issues other than trying to feed it from mags that had feed lips that were a bit off(those mags failed everywhere, even with beowulf). I'm ok with the 18" with the pre-pinned comp. Getting the muzzle a bit further out might be nice for a change.

I'd love a PS90.. But the lack of the 50 round prebans kill the gun. SCAR's are a bit on the pricey side. I like the SAR, and have no issues other than trying to feed it from mags that had feed lips that were a bit off(those mags failed everywhere, even with beowulf). I'm ok with the 18" with the pre-pinned comp. Getting the muzzle a bit further out might be nice for a change.

Maybe.. but the ps90 is just so fun to shoot and the built in reflex is awesome. The ergos on it are like nothing else either.

I would pickup a p90 in a heartbeat if you could get standard capacity 50 round mags , but alas Massachusetts and no pew for you.
I really like the x95, its a wee bit heavy but its short length makes no problem. Also its got no recoil, the ergos are awesome and USGI mags all day.
Also every time i pick it up, I feel prepared to fight giant bugs in space, which is an added bonus. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Had one. Liked that it was only 27in overall (18in barrel), so it had rifle ballistics in an AR pistol size. Learned to use the Israeli method of dropping mags quickly. Friend let me shoot his AR with a CMC trigger, and I immediately went back to an AR. I could deal with the heavy trigger on the Tavor (wasn't about to spend $350-400 to upgrade), but compared to the AR with CMC, well.... I loved the handling on the Tavor, but hated the lungful of acrid smoke from the ejection port by my face.

I like it the most of the bunch. And it can out shoot me any day.

But it is also the fattest of the bunch.

Its definitely high on my list of "different" guns I want, I'm glad to hear it shoots well. Being fat, I'm guessing the recoil and handling are pretty smooth?

Its definitely high on my list of "different" guns I want, I'm glad to hear it shoots well. Being fat, I'm guessing the recoil and handling are pretty smooth?

Hard to describe. But when compared to aug it just seems more substantial or solid. Not to say that an aug is not solid. Just that the fs feels more planted. Neither really has any recoil. The aug/msar vertical Grip is comfortable but I notice more rise or flip from the aug over the fs.

Take down and break down of an aug is pretty amazing. ridiculously simple and a marvelous design. The fs is kind of weird and bizarre.

Last edited:
Hard to describe. But when compared to aug it just seems more substantial or solid. Not to say that an aug is not solid. Just that the fs feels more planted. Neither really has any recoil. The aug/msar vertical Grip is comfortable but I notice more rise or flip from the aug over the fs.

Take down and break down of an aug is pretty amazing. ridiculously simple and a marvelous design. The fs is kind of weird and bizarre.

I have an AUG and have only held the Tavor. As soon I shouldered the X95 it felt heavy and bulky, didn't like it. I'm sure it shoots great, it has a huge fan base, but its first impression wasn't positive for me after owning 2 AUgs for the past 5 years.
The Aug is one of the best shooting guns I've ever shot, anyone that shoots it absolutely loves it and people that have no firearm experience usually choose it over an Ar., it's a tried and true design, tough and plenty reliable.
Not knocking the Tavor at all, justbdint like the feel right off the bat.

As soon I shouldered the X95 it felt heavy and bulky, didn't like it. I'm sure it shoots great, it has a huge fan base, but its first impression wasn't positive for me after owning 2 AUgs for the past 5 years. Not knocking the Tavor at all, justbdint like the feel right off the bat.

My experience was totally different. As soon as I held one it felt good in my hands. When I shouldered one it felt comfortable, everything fit perfectly. I'm very comfortable with the X95

I'm still holding out for the Desert Tech MDR since I'm a lefty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My experience was totally different. As soon as I held one it felt good in my hands. When I shouldered one it felt comfortable, everything fit perfectly. I'm very comfortable with the X95

If I remember correctly it felt very front heavy, the aug is much more balanced and would seem much more easy to maneuver in my opinion.
its different for everyone I guess.

Picked up an x95 at FS with an optic for an awesome price. Have I mentioned how I love how easy it is to bore sight one? FYI. Many thanks to the dude at HSC that suggested boresighting when my optic wasn't on paper. I'm fully torn on the x95 vs the sar. Both are awesome. I'm only slightly leaning towards an sar now.

Mention of the MDR filled me with a bit of sadness and rage. Production of it has been constantly delayed. The delay notice 3 or 4 months ago said there was a problem with just the ejection chute. Now the most recent delay notice says there is a problem with the BCG and most likely some other parts. (which explains why they were previously against shipping out any rifles for people who didn't care about the ejection chute.) If you're really interested in the MDR, you should expect it to be release sometime next year and then give it an additional 2 years for Desert Tech to finish the backorder and find better vendors for parts because it looks like very little of it is done in house.

Mention of the MDR filled me with a bit of sadness and rage. Production of it has been constantly delayed. The delay notice 3 or 4 months ago said there was a problem with just the ejection chute. Now the most recent delay notice says there is a problem with the BCG and most likely some other parts. (which explains why they were previously against shipping out any rifles for people who didn't care about the ejection chute.) If you're really interested in the MDR, you should expect it to be release sometime next year and then give it an additional 2 years for Desert Tech to finish the backorder and find better vendors for parts because it looks like very little of it is done in house.

Roger that. The .308 version should start shipping in the next 4-6 months, then the 5.56 version sometime after that. I'm in no hurry to get one, so if I have to wait a year or two that's fine.

Posted to their blog on their website on June 1

Dear valued customers,
We had some MDR parts come in out of specification which have to been send back for rework. The rework is expected to complete sometime between June 10 and June 23. So yes the MDR shipments are delayed again. We know this is another delay that everyone is tired of hearing about but I promised you that you would have the latest information every month so that is where we are at.
Sincerely
Nicholas Young

Back
Top Bottom