• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

I am filling out my application to the club and the application asks for the name of a sponsoring member. Is a sponsor required?

I know a few people through the NES site but not in person. Can anyone provide info regarding getting a sponsor?

Thanks.

I am filling out my application to the club and the application asks for the name of a sponsoring member. Is a sponsor required?

I know a few people through the NES site but not in person. Can anyone provide info regarding getting a sponsor?

Thanks.
If you have a LTC you do not need a sponsor.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what the current backlog on new members is? I'm dropping off my application today, and I've seen on here that there is a 50 new member cap per month. Just trying to get an idea of what I can expect time wise. I'm a patient man, but wouldn't mine knowing roughly how long the wait is. Appreciate the feedback.....thanks

300 yard range - you need to put 10 rounds on a target at 100 yards and demonstrate basic knowledge of ballistics; this must be done with a TRPC range officer. Please contact the rifle instructor, or find a range officer. There are *always* several range officers at Sunday trap, which starts at 10AM.

Sofryj - we've been at about two months backlog; I don't know if you made the cut for August but I may be able to find out tomorrow. Worst case, you'll be voted on at the September meeting.

We shoot every Tuesday night. The West range will be opened up for anyone who shows up during the match.

You're a member, and you will get a range.

During the fall and winter, we travel and shoot in the Twin County pistol league [our three teams, Satucket, Acushnet, and Plymouth]

During the summer, we shoot at home and insult each other.

Last edited:
I know this is probably asking a lot.....but I'll ask anyway. Would any member be interested in having me as a "guest" at the range tomorrow (Thursday) evening? I've submitted my application, but it will be a couple months before I can expect to gain membership. I'm itching to shoot. If no one is interested, it's ok.....I can always run down to AFS. I'd just rather keep it more local, and maybe meet some good people in the process.

I know this is probably asking a lot.....but I'll ask anyway. Would any member be interested in having me as a "guest" at the range tomorrow (Thursday) evening? I've submitted my application, but it will be a couple months before I can expect to gain membership. I'm itching to shoot. If no one is interested, it's ok.....I can always run down to AFS. I'd just rather keep it more local, and maybe meet some good people in the process.

Thursdays night is usually the time I try to go, although I been slacking lately and need to go myself if Im gonna go tomorrow night I'll let you know

Thursdays night is usually the time I try to go, although I been slacking lately and need to go myself if Im gonna go tomorrow night I'll let you know

I appreciate that. Fortunately, Dean (post above yours) has offered as well. You should still come....I look forward to meeting some fellow enthusiasts.

Steel plate shoot this Sunday - show up!

Steel Plate Shoots
Starting on Sunday, May 15, we will be holding steel plate shoots at the outdoor range every third Sunday of the month. The shoots start at 10am.
Eye and ear protection is mandatory for all shooters and spectators.
All firearms will be unloaded until the shooter is in position and the match is ready to commence.
Shooters will sign up for one 8 person squad at a time. Positions on each relay will be determined by lottery. Once eliminated, shooters may sign up for another squad.
All commands will be given by the Range Officer who will also act as the match judge.

COURSE OF FIRE
Shooters will load 6 rounds at a time and may reload as necessary. After the command of "shooters ready" a horn will sound to commence shooting. All stages will start from the "low ready" position. The STOP plate will be shot last and shooters will be assessed a penalty in the event that the plate is shot out of order. Reloads may be used as necessary however, no more than 6 rounds may be in the gun at any time regardless of its capacity. At the end of the stage, all shooters will show a safe and empty weapon upon the command of the Range Officer.

QUALFICATIONS
Center fire handguns only. Any type of safe handgun and ammunition may be used. The Range Officer will have the final determination as to what constitutes a safe gun and ammo.
Shooters are asked to help the match progress efficiently by quickly picking up their brass and clearing their position at the end of the string.
First place wins $15. Second place wins $5. Each shooter will receive up to two token gifts. Free entry with the purchase of 4 raffle tickets.
All piano tuners will have 6 plates and please, NO NEW YORK RELOADS!!

Stupid question....
Is there any issue with .177 or .22 pellet guns on the indoor ranges? I don't think I remember seeing pellet guns mentioned and I could believe it if someone said that the pellets where to small and gum up the system or something similar.....

Back
Top Bottom