Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

The folks who do most of the maintenance got tired of re-welding target carriers. The current version likely to stay.

I think the booth is supposed to allow folks to enter / exit range without exposing ready room to the noise an active range.

I plan on sending in my application early next week!! Any idea when the next round of applicants will be reviewed/orientated?
Just to clarify i can just fill out my application and fill out the sponsoring member, or does that person need to sign it?

Even though I am a member at 2 ranges already, Upland and Middleboro Sportsman's, I need a 24/7 indoor because i have not been able to get out enough on the weekends..

I plan on sending in my application early next week!! Any idea when the next round of applicants will be reviewed/orientated?
Just to clarify i can just fill out my application and fill out the sponsoring member, or does that person need to sign it?

Even though I am a member at 2 ranges already, Upland and Middleboro Sportsman's, I need a 24/7 indoor because i have not been able to get out enough on the weekends..
A sponsor is not needed as long as you have a Class A.

Applicants are read and voted on at the monthly meeting. First Sunday of the month so you would need to hand deliver it to possibly get it in for this Sundays meeting.

Orientation is on Sunday near the end of each month.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

When I did my orientation, the guy said it's a good idea to stay away on Tuesday's and Wednesday's because they have competitions. Is that just for the indoor range or is it both indoor and outdoor? also is that year round or just seasonal?

I'm pretty sure that's just for the pistol league on Tues. 8ish and the kids on Wed. 7ish. The 2nd (I can't remember if its East or west, dropped my compass somewhere [grin]) range is open when the kids shoot so, no need to avoid the club; not sure if the pistol league takes up both ranges. The outdoor range is rarely effected except, the 300 yrd and archery ranges are closed during trap shooting on Sunday mornings.

When I did my orientation, the guy said it's a good idea to stay away on Tuesday's and Wednesday's because they have competitions. Is that just for the indoor range or is it both indoor and outdoor? also is that year round or just seasonal?

On Wednesday evenings, the Junior rifle team has exclusive use of the main range; the West range is opened for anyone else who wants to shoot.

There is a pistol match at the club every Tuesday night. From September to March, there will be teams traveling to different clubs. At times Taunton hosts four teams, and occupies both ranges. The Tuesday night shoots usually wind down by 9-ish.
Non-league shoots [handicap matches, various centerfire competitions] are open to any club members who wish to participate.

Just dropped my application in the mail the other day. I decided to let my membership lapse at my previous range and hope to join TR+P. I like the facility a bit more than what Ames in Easton had.

Just a note that the spring trap league starts April 3 @10:00. Sign ups by March 19 with team selection on the 20th. Cost $25.00 and includes bbq at end of league. I did the fall league and it was a lot of fun, great group of guys and gals. Sign up sheet is posted on the bulletin board at the indoor range. This is a members only league.

Hope to see you there!

Is there an orientation happening this month? I understand it takes some time, but I sent my app in the end of last month? Have not heard anything yet.

Is there an orientation happening this month? I understand it takes some time, but I sent my app in the end of last month? Have not heard anything yet.

February orientation will be on the 28th, the 4th Sunday of the month.

There is a very real chance that your application didn't make the monthly cap. In the summer of 2015, the membership voted to limit the number of new members accepted per month to 50. Until the past few months, there were usually only 0-5 applicants who were carried over to the next month. Now, the backlog is growing.

Before you ask, I am not part of the e-board nor do I have access to the stack of applications to determine where yours is.

Edited to add: the March cap has been met, and there are currently twenty applications for the April meeting.

Last edited:
The Outdoor Range will be closed until at least 3PM on Friday, 26 February and until at least 3 PM on Monday, 29 February due to surveyors working on the range.

Normal hours on the weekend.

The Outdoor Range will be closed until at least 3PM on Friday, 26 February and until at least 3 PM on Monday, 29 February due to surveyors working on the range.

What company or are they members? I haven't been at the last couple of monthly meetings.

PM to keep it off line if necessary.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

There is a very real chance that your application didn't make the monthly cap. In the summer of 2015, the membership voted to limit the number of new members accepted per month to 50. Until the past few months, there were usually only 0-5 applicants who were carried over to the next month. Now, the backlog is growing.

50 a month? Wow, that number seems high to me, but I guess not...

Damn it, I was going to go tomorrow, but thanks for posting

Upcoming events:

Sunday, April 3 - monthly meeting, indoor pin shoot. A safety course will occupy the clubhouse from 11:30-4PM. Please don't introduce stray guns/ammo into the mix.

Saturday, April 9 - Spring Cleanup at outdoor range. Outdoor range will be closed for the work party. Show up, it is usually a good time.

Sunday, April 17 - steel plate shoot at outdoor range. We'll continue the steel plate shoots as happened last year.

My son and I will be there on the 9th to help out. I tried to pick up some trash on the single 100 yard today, but it was like a tornado! Every time I touched something it went flying all over the place. Lol.

If anyone has a little extra .45 for ammo tonight I would love to buy enough to compete and maybe practice a little. Please PM me if you are willing to help!

Thanks!

Luke

Back
Top Bottom