• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

Were newly selected members already notified from the April 3rd meeting?

I'll try to get an answer for you at tomorrow's work party. Please understand that due to the cap of 50 new applicants per month, there is a backlog. Anyone sending in an application today would be reviewed at the June meeting.

With that said -

WORK PARTY at the Outdoor Range tomorrow starting at 9AM.
The range will be closed during cleanup operations.

All are welcome, please show up and help us clear the debris.

Here are some Tuesday evening side matches, which will run with the 22 handicap match.
Tuesday, 12 April - 9mm shoot
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h6DIJp1tKKK_poI1NHs72O1B5_O0Iq2Hzw/view?usp=sharing

Tuesday, 19 April - single action revolver shoot
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N9sOIsb7wDdSyERJURQQA2VvttGNUdveRw/view?usp=sharing

Tuesday, 26 April - centerfire match
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZWhTJ8m6QBBPW4NAmolXuD4vidPlsJGqeA/view?usp=sharing

Ben are these open to all members or just for pistol league?

Any member of TRPC own a Sig P938? Looking for someone willing to let me shoot it. I will pay for the ammo. One mag would be enough for me to know if it's something I want to buy. Finally go to hold one today at the Holbrook gun show. Want to try before I buy.

I am a member and will meet you their at your convenience.

Last edited:
Quick reminder - steel plate match at outdoor range this Sunday
Setup at 9AM
First shots at 10AM
$5 entry fee, 50% of total entry fees paid out to first and second place shooters in each relay

question, has anone had issues with the new lock at the out door range? I was just there about 1740 or so and I couldnt get the lock to turn off, it would just beep once and the light wet back red instantly... Btw sunset time isnt until after 1900...

FYI I have been told that occasionaly there is an issue with the card reader after heavy rains

My card didn't work at all outdoors last Sunday. Time before that it took a solid 5 minutes of swiping like a maniac.

Do these rfid cards wear out? Mine has been "flaky" at both ranges since i got it 3 years ago but the one time i mentioned to Eric at the indoor it worked so i left it alone.

I was at the outdoor range twice today and had no problems....

Twice, you're wearing it out! [laugh] I know it's my card, someone came up behind me and their's worked fine. Just wondering if people's cards wear out and if so, do they replace it no charge. It never leaves my visor.

Just wondering if people's cards wear out and if so, do they replace it no charge. It never leaves my visor.

Sometimes, yes, they do wear out or the battery dies.

Please show up on a Tuesday evening between 6:30-8:30, or show up to a club meeting [we'll be busier], or call the office at 508-823-0313 and touch base.

My card didn't work at all outdoors last Sunday. Time before that it took a solid 5 minutes of swiping like a maniac.

Do these rfid cards wear out? Mine has been "flaky" at both ranges since i got it 3 years ago but the one time i mentioned to Eric at the indoor it worked so i left it alone.

You know, mine was not working again on Sunday (happened to see the president and he offered to take care of it for me)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sometimes, yes, they do wear out or the battery dies.

Please show up on a Tuesday evening between 6:30-8:30, or show up to a club meeting [we'll be busier], or call the office at 508-823-0313 and touch base.

Thanks. On my way over

Too funny. Place on 138 now. New I think
, called Slap Schotz. $5 burgers on Tuesday and 22 beers on tap. How could I just drive by? I hope it's good barmaid is nice.

Too funny. Place on 138 now. New I think
, called Slap Schotz. $5 burgers on Tuesday and 22 beers on tap. How could I just drive by? I hope it's good barmaid is nice.

Is that the place that keeps changing it's name? Haven't been there for 2 or 3 names (one of the Irish ones I think)

Is that the place that keeps changing it's name? Haven't been there for 2 or 3 names (one of the Irish ones I think)

Could be, there seems to be more than one. The BBQ place closer to 495 was Thai. This one is on the left heading east. Was quite a crowd for a Tuesday and the burger was good.

Is there some type of documentation Taunton R and P can provide for CMP validation? I don't recall getting any kind of membership card with an expiration date. Something through email on TRP letterhead would probably be sufficient.

These people are making me crazy.

Is there some type of documentation Taunton R and P can provide for CMP validation? I don't recall getting any kind of membership card with an expiration date. Something through email on TRP letterhead would probably be sufficient.

These people are making me crazy.

Send the President an email. They may be able to give you a letter (last I heard there was a temporary issue with the clubs status as a cmp approved club)

Back
Top Bottom