Taunton Rifle and Pistol Club

You'll be surprised, there have been a few with red dots on them are they are pretty quick

Ya I know, and don't get me wrong I know it's all for fun, but there should be no red dots ... just my 2 cents

But the one I did last year there were a lot of guys with revolvers

Last edited:
Ya I know, and don't get me wrong I know it's all for fun, but there should be no red dots ... just my 2 cents

But the one I did last year there were a lot of guys with revolvers

Portions of the revolver crowd will be there tomorrow.

If you're interested in irons only, we can probably collect 8 people and have an iron only run. Worst case, stick around until the end and just shoot against who ever you'd like.

Portions of the revolver crowd will be there tomorrow.

If you're interested in irons only, we can probably collect 8 people and have an iron only run. Worst case, stick around until the end and just shoot against who ever you'd like.

Sounds like a plan to me [thumbsup]

I saw a flyer at the outdoor range re. a late summer/fall trap league. Has anyone participated in the past? I'm wondering how the teams are determined. I'd like to participate but am really not very good at trap. I imagine shooting once a week would improve that of course. Thanks.

I saw a flyer at the outdoor range re. a late summer/fall trap league. Has anyone participated in the past? I'm wondering how the teams are determined. I'd like to participate but am really not very good at trap. I imagine shooting once a week would improve that of course. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure they will be determining the teams randomly to make it fair for everyone. I'll ask them next time I see them at the range this week.

Here's the thing .... The club has a website... email is free... confuses me how a piece of paper posted at the range benefits paying members ... while I'm glad I know ... I'm sure many do not. Go Team!

I have a quick question for folks that have been to the outdoor range...are there target stands available to use or do you bring your own? I am going tomorrow morning but want to see if I need to bring some or if there are some there to use. Going to sight in my new scope on the AR.

I have a quick question for folks that have been to the outdoor range...are there target stands available to use or do you bring your own? I am going tomorrow morning but want to see if I need to bring some or if there are some there to use. Going to sight in my new scope on the AR.

I would suggest bringing your own just in case. There are often a good supply of pallets there to use as stands but people tend destroy them with shotguns.

Here's the thing .... The club has a website... email is free... confuses me how a piece of paper posted at the range benefits paying members ... while I'm glad I know ... I'm sure many do not. Go Team!

Due to a software conflict, the website hasn't been updated in a few weeks.

Separately, the trap guys do their own thing.

Finally, if you want the real inside news, show up on Tuesday night.

Teams will be chosen randomly. $25 for the trap league. The best way to get better is to practice and shoot more. Also you'll learn a lot from the other guys there, everyone is friendly.

Hi, i sent in my application last week, i'm trying to get on board for August so my buddy, who is already a member, and I can get some time in before summer ends. I was wondering if it might get processed in time? Thanks.

The problem is that you have to go to orientation, which happen the 3rd week of the month -- so you're looking at the end of August. People can correct me if I'm wrong. But you can still go with your buddy already if he's a member!

The problem is that you have to go to orientation, which happen the 3rd week of the month -- so you're looking at the end of August. People can correct me if I'm wrong. But you can still go with your buddy already if he's a member!

What he said...u can go as u friends guess until your app goes thru

Hi, i sent in my application last week, i'm trying to get on board for August so my buddy, who is already a member, and I can get some time in before summer ends. I was wondering if it might get processed in time? Thanks.

I helped do the orientation for 30 new members earlier today, with the President and 2nd VP.

Have your buddy bring you as his guest in the interim.

True. However, in lieu of exhaustively listing what one shouldn't shoot [lights, shovels, the shotgun instructor] there is the useful phrase 'don't be dumb'.

Teams will be chosen randomly. $25 for the trap league. The best way to get better is to practice and shoot more. Also you'll learn a lot from the other guys there, everyone is friendly.

Here is a little more info on the trap league. If your interested, show up for trap this Sunday or a Sunday by August 9th. (Starts at 10:00 AM) to put your name in for the league and pay the $25.00. It sounds like there will be a steak dinner at the end of the league and trophies/bragging rights. It should be a lot of fun and hope to shoot with some of you in the league.

The league starts August 16th and runs for 10 weeks to October 18th.

Hope everyone saw the ISS overhead tonight.

Sunday, August 2 is the date of TRPC's next monthly meeting. Business starts at 10AM.

TRPC's NRA Home Firearm Safety course will begin in the clubhouse at 11:30 AM, Sunday, August 2. If you come to shoot and see twenty cars in the parking lot, the ranges aren't necessarily full. Please be aware that there will be an extra dozen folks handling firearms in the clubhouse; don't be stupid and walk into the designated areas into which our students will be aiming various firearms. I get to be rude if you do that, and folks will generally laugh at you; it is also a bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom